Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

200.gif

Panthers claimed RB Mike Davis.
Davis posted 11-25-0 rushing and 7-22-0 receiving lines in seven games with the Bears this season. He could find a way onto the Panthers' 52-man roster with some special teams contributions, but don't expect him to be any type of threat to Christian McCaffrey's workload.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.
Nov 11, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

Panthers claimed RB Mike Davis.
Davis posted 11-25-0 rushing and 7-22-0 receiving lines in seven games with the Bears this season. He could find a way onto the Panthers' 52-man roster with some special teams contributions, but don't expect him to be any type of threat to Christian McCaffrey's workload.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.
Nov 11, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

So much for that increased workload with Miami, G. Buried on the depth chart behind a back who's on the field for 95% + snaps every week 😂

In all seriousness unless there is some sort of injury to CMac out yesterday's game that Im not aware of, I've got no idea why bothered wasting a waiver claim on him.

Unless...

Has he ever returned kick offs or punts? Coz that White bloke we had doing it yesterday was useless. That would make some sort of sense i suppose

In all seriousness unless there is some sort of injury to CMac out yesterday's game that Im not aware of, I've got no idea why bothered wasting a waiver claim on him.

Unless...

Has he ever returned kick offs or punts? Coz that White bloke we had doing it yesterday was useless. That would make some sort of sense i suppose

For the past couple of weeks, McCaffrey has been on the injury report as having a foot problem. But he's also been listed as' probable'.

The organisation is a disaster. Going to be a rough few years now. What a shame we’ve wasted some good talent with Ron as coach

It's not as bad as you're making it out to be, still got some very good young talent coming thru. Just need to be smart where we allocate money moving forward with our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we are going to be in that middle between a good team and a bad team, which means a middle of the road draft pick & no playoffs. Would much rather be a playoff team or a terrible, top-5 draft pick team than where we are at.

If we choose not to go with Cam next year, we HAVE to go QB high in the draft. Allen has been serviceable for us, but man these turnovers....

Unfortunately we are going to be in that middle between a good team and a bad team, which means a middle of the road draft pick & no playoffs. Would much rather be a playoff team or a terrible, top-5 draft pick team than where we are at.

If we choose not to go with Cam next year, we HAVE to go QB high in the draft. Allen has been serviceable for us, but man these turnovers....

I'll keep Cam if we sign Riley to be our HC and are able to bring Hurts along with him on draft day ☺

Money is the issue tho, thats why i bring up trading Cam and or Luke.

I want to keep both Barberry and Shaq. If McCoy wants a one or two year deal in happy to keep him. Boston has been pretty good this season, id give him a two year deal also. I reckon re-signing all those guys will come to around 30-40 mil cap hit next year.

Darryl Williams can GAGF, that frees up 8 million.Is there anyone else significant coming off the books or that an easy cut? That's why I'm sure we will either trade or cut Cam. We save $18mil if he isn't on our roster next year.

Seemed destined to draft and have a starting rookie QB at some stage next year unless there is somebody I'm forgetting.

What's Trai Turner's contract situation, can we get out this year cheap or is it next year?

Not sure but if we’re letting Cam go we will need to let the likes of Bradberry, Thompson go this off season and have a bottom year next year with the hope of nabbing a top QB in the draft the following year.

Slye obviously a POS, but the red zone play calling, particularly from inside the 5 is a joke. This coaching staff is so outdated and vanilla.

Posted it in the weekly thread, Slye's game probably cost this coaching staff their jobs, which in grand scheme of things is a positive.

My kingdom for a Lincoln Riley.

Kyle has a bit of Jake Delhomme about him. Big difference between his best and worst, he's a fighter despite not being all that talented. Hope he gets a chance somewhere next year, he's better than few starting QBs that are being rolled out weekly. Just not with us.

Tank for Trevor is on like donkey kong mofo's.

Preseason goals: get rid of all the dead wood (aka: player 30 years old +) on this roster, sell off whoever we can for draft picks. Replace the entire coaching staff. Someone belt CMac in the leg and put him out for the year. Trot out Will Grier for the entity of next season.

What a rabble we have become.

The Panthers are expected to retain Marty Hurney as GM after firing coach Ron Rivera on Tuesday.
"We are going to take a comprehensive and thorough review of our football operation to make sure we are structured for long-term sustained success," owner David Tepper said in a statement. "Our vision is to find the right mix of old-school discipline and toughness with modern and innovative processes." In the midst of one of the more surprising second acts in recent NFL history, Hurney is about as old school as it gets but has done a decent job in his second go-round as Panthers GM. Tepper has made it clear he will be heavily involved in the team's coaching search and is seemingly likely to rely more on his own opinion than Hurney's. It is still quite possible Hurney is sent packing at season's end.
SOURCE: Joseph Person on Twitter
Dec 3, 2019, 3:34 PM ET

Panthers promoted QBs coach Scott Turner to offensive coordinator.
OC Norv Turner, who is Scott's father, will "transition to special assistant to the head coach." Basically, the Panthers are giving 37-year-old Scott a tryout for the final four games of the year after firing head coach Ron Rivera. Both father and son figure to now be looking for work after the season, though stranger things have happened. The new coach could be asked to retain the Turners. Norv has not been the problem in Carolina.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 3, 2019, 3:26 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back