Dallas Cowboys
"Collingwood Flames" by craegus
Calgary Flames - Calgary has a suburb called Collingwood
CollingwoodFlames-1.png

"Collingwood Royals" by gava93
Rajasthan Royals - Paul Collingwood plays for the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL
Collab-2.png

"Collingwood Magpies" by craegus
Western Suburbs Magpies - Both teams share the same colours and nickname; both teams have similar logos
CollingwoodWesternSuburbs.png

"Collingwood Vixens" by pie_machine
Melbourne Vixens - Collingwood is officially aligned with the Vixens
collingwoodvixens.png

"Philadelphia Magpies" by Cory
Philadelphia Flyers - Both teams appeared in the 2010 Final of their respective leagues; both share the colours Black and White
philielphiamapies.png

"South Africa Magpies" by Cory
South Africa Proteas - Both teams are sponsored by Adidas
southafricamagpies.png

"Collingwood FC" by SFgiant
Juventus FC - Both teams wear black and white vertical stripes
2pra8a1.png

"Collingwood Raiders" by pie_machine
Oakland Raiders - Both teams have monochromatic colour schemes and one-eyed mascots
collingwoodraiders.png

"Collingwood Green Machine" by pie_machine
Canberra Raiders - Both teams have the nickname "The Machine"
collingwoodgreenmachine.png

I'm convinced people vote for entries not because of what they look like, but because of who designed it. As a result, I will not be placing a vote, despite liking several of the entries.

Huh?? First you go on about people not voting for traditional designs and instead are voting for flashy designs, now when a traditional design is winning you think it's because people are voting for the person not the design. You confuse me.

I'm convinced people vote for entries not because of what they look like, but because of who designed it. As a result, I will not be placing a vote, despite liking several of the entries.

Huh?? First you go on about people not voting for traditional designs and instead are voting for flashy designs, now when a traditional design is winning you think it's because people are voting for the person not the design. You confuse me.

I am confused as well.

And haven't we been through this before, where people said that they look at the designs and pretty much ignore the persons name when they choose their favourite?

If it was because of a bias towards certain designers, then why does each competition have stats like these?

According to the honour roles (as per the current tables and including ties):

CCCC and MOTW have had 10 different winners
KOTW has had 13 different winners

None of those seem to lead towards any bias towards one or two designers.

Also, not to start off an argument, but Omega if you have issues with your entries not getting votes (even when people are trying to help by giving suggestions on how to improve) or believing that people are being biased about who they vote for because of who designed it, then perhaps not participating and not making comments like the above is the best way to go, because acting and commenting like this is not helping you or anyone else here.

People have tried to help you by giving support, feedback and suggestions, and all that is being given back is complaints and conspiracy theories. I for one am over reading and seeing them.

If you enjoy designing then please continue, you can only get better with time, it shouldn't matter the results long as you are having fun doing something you love. If not maybe you need to find something else to do.

Yeah, I figured you'd all close ranks.

I think I might leave all the kiddies alone and go read stuff by adults instead. Cya.

How have you come up with this theory that people vote for the person and not the entry? If that was the case why don't the same people people win every week, ever think that people win because they submitted the best design?

IMO You're a respected poster on this board but right now I'm pretty dissapointed.

I'd say the template used has far more to do with who does well than who wins.

Pretty silly thing to have said, IMO. Putting it mildly.

I tend to agree with this, Gava's template and Pie's look very professional compared to the basic paint template.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say the template used has far more to do with who does well than who wins.

Pretty silly thing to have said, IMO. Putting it mildly.

That was poorly worded by me, it should say "I'd say the template used has far more to do with who wins, rather than than who the designer is."

Back