AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Cross Code Combination Competition
ROUND SEVENTEEN

COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES
300px-Collingwood_Football_Club_Logo.svg.png

Combine Collingwood with a team from another sport - rugby league, American football, soccer, netball, anything (except Australian Rules). However, there must be some sort of connection between the teams - mascot, name, colours, location, or something more creative.

Each entry must include at least one sports uniform - most likely an Australian Rules guernsey, but possibly a kit from the other sport chosen. Away jumpers, clash jumpers, preseason jumpers, special one-off promotional jumpers, and team logos can also be included.

Maximum five entries per person; one image per entry.

The competition is scheduled to conclude on Monday 11 July, however entries can be submitted until the polls are created.

Collingwood FC
Juventus FC + CFC
Connection - Both wear black and white vertical stripes.
xc0xa9.png

2pra8a1.png

Home - based on both Collingwood and Juventus home guernseys
Away - based on Juventus away but uses the australian flag colours instead of italy's​

Entry #1

Collingwood Mavs
Collingwood Magpies + Dallas Mavericks

Connection : Both teams are the current champions for their league

Home: based on the mavericks Away jersey but with stripes
Away: based on the Mavs home jersey but with stripes
Heritage: Based on the mavs Alternate jersey but with stripes

unledtreuyery.gif

Entry #2

FC Collingwood
Collingwood Magpies + FC Barcelona

Connection : Both teams won championships in 2010 and both teams have stripes

Home : Based on the 2011 Barcelona jersey with Collingwood Stripes
Away : An inverted version of the home

reebok2.png

Entry #3
Denver Magpies
Collingwood Magpies + Denver Nuggets (NBA)

Connection : Both teams are famous for the amont of tatoos they have

Home: Based on Collingwoods home jersey but with Denver colours
Away: A white version of the home
Alternate/Clash: Based on the old Nuggets jersey but with magpie:thumbsu:

rhateh.gif

Crud, I can't access the computer where I have my designs for a week and a half. As it turns out, mine's very similar to SFGiant's, so it's probably for the best anyway.

COLLINGWOOD WARRIORS
Collingwood + Heidelberg United Warriors

Connection: Both were partners in the Collingwood Warriors (NSL, 1996-97).

CollWarriors.png

Rather than re-hash the old Warriors strip, I went for something simpler - although the white strip is a strange one in itself! (Heidelberg wears an all-red away kit.)

ENGLAND 'PIES
Collingwood + England Cricket Team

Connection: Paul Collingwood shares his name with the 'Pies.

EnglandPies.png

Home is England's navy with Collingwood's white stripes.
"Light strip", I couldn't just invert as it'd look like North. So I went for England's old sky blue, with black stripes (cos white would still look like North!). Plus it's a proper light or clash strip, with the home being dark.

PHILADELPHIA MAGPIES
Collingwood + Philadelphia Eagles

Connection: Sav Rocca played for both teams.

Philadelphia.png

Eagles colours on Woods kits... makes a nice change. Enjoyed getting the shadow effect on the numbers too :)

Collingwood Magpies + Western Suburbs Magpies = Collingwood Magpies (cause you know that is how it would end up!!!)

Connection: Do I even have to say it? Ok, both teams share the same colours, and nickname. Plus similar logos.

Home: Based on Western Suburbs 1908 Jersey
Clash 1: Reverse of 1908 design
Clash 2: Based on famous Magpies V Design

CollingwoodWesternSuburbs.png

Collingwood Magpies & Oakland Raiders (NFL)
COLLINGWOOD RAIDERS

Both Collingwood and the Oakland Raiders have monochromatic colour schemes and one-eyed mascots.

collingwoodraiders.png

The home and clash jumpers are based on Collingwood's vertical stripes and feature Oakland's silver. The preseason jumper is based on Collingwood's infamous barcode jumper from the 1996-7 preseasons and features the Raiders logo.

Collingwood Magpies & Canberra Raiders (NRL)
COLLINGWOOD GREEN MACHINE

Both Collingwood and the Canberra Raiders have the nickname "The Machine" - the Collingwood teams from 1927-30 that won a record four consecutive flags became known as “The Machine” for their teamwork, efficiency and effectiveness, whereas Canberra are know as the "Green Machine".

collingwoodgreenmachine.png

The Green Machine jumpers are combine Collingwood's stripes with Canberra lime green: black with green at home, white with green clash, and a predominantly green jumper for the AFL's Green Round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood Magpies & St George-Illawarra Dragons (NRL)
ST GEORGE-COLLINGWOOD DRAGPIES

Both Collingwood and St George-Illawarra are the reigning premiers in their respective leagues. Both teams currently have the oldest coach in their league - Mick Malthouse (57) and Wayne Bennett (61). Both teams also hold the record for the most consecutive premierships - Collingwood with four from 1927-30 and St George with 11 from 1956-66.

stgeorgecollingwooddrag.png

The Dragpies home jumper is based on the Dragons' famous red V in Collingwood's black and white. The dark clash jumper is an inverted version of the home. The preseason jumper is based on Collingwood's 2001-4 preseason jumper and features the Dragpie mascot - a mythical animal with the wings of a magpie and head of a dragon.

lamagpies.png

LOS ANGELES MAGPIES
LA Lakers + Collingwood
Both clubs are the 'power' clubs and most wealthy in their respective leagues

collingwoodcardinals.png

COLLINGWOOD CARDINALS
Arizona Cardinals + Collingwood
The Magpies recently sent players over to Arizona to recover.

Collingwood Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamondbacks + CFC
Connection - Collingwood Players always go to Arizona
Home - Based on Collingwoods v North Guernsey and Arizona Alternate
Clash - Based on Collingwoods v North Guernsey and Arizona Home
Away - Based on Collingwoods 2003 away Guernsey
15x2wjq.png

Collingwood Crimson Pies

128afl_collingwood.jpg
+

Both were established in 1892

CollCrimsonPieslogo.png

collab-1.png

(Open in new window for closer view)

Collingwood Power

Collingwood Magpies and Port Adelaide Power.

OR in an alternate universe during the 1980's, the SANFL was the centre of Australian football. The AFL was established as an expansion of some SANFL clubs, rather than the VFL. For Collingwood to join they had to come up with alternate colours and an alternate name!

CollingwoodPower.png

Collingwood Victory
Collingwood Magpies + Melbourne Victory​
The connection for this entry is that Both the clubs are based in Melbourne,and are both sponsored by Adidas.

Instead of staying with either Stripes or a V i decided to cut off the stripes with melbourne victory's V so the stripes have a V at the top

Remove this Banner Ad

Back