Central Highlands general thread - June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Good result for Hepburn yesterday, shows the class of the list. Is Hepburn V Waubra on Saturday or Sunday ?

Big win by the Burra on Saturday, Gordon devaststed by the loss. Rumours are the Eagles have hired a private investigator to determine the cause..

Big win by the Burra on Saturday, Gordon devaststed by the loss. Rumours are the Eagles have hired a private investigator to determine the cause..

Did he find out who punched a hole in the club room door and who or what tried to remove the bench seats & lockers.:confused: Or did big ed just fork out a 100 to make it all disappear.:confused:

Stupid comment from a stupid person, if you have a look back you will see i didn't write that. I also wouldn't say he's overated , hes an out and out gun but a cocky arrogant gun .

I'll be going to the game next week because the winner will win the grand final Hepburn V Waubra. It's difficult to produce the perfect formula but it a shame the two best teams all year play each other in a knockout final before the grand final.

So the other two sides that are playing in Sunday's final are they not good enough to Win the Grand Final !!!!! Did Daylesford not beat Hepburn two weeks ago ???:) So from the way I see it if Hepburn had of WON then you would of had your wish !!!!!!!!:eek: but finals are a different ball game and any side on the day can win.

Can anyone tell me what the rules are regarding eligibility to play reserves finals?

3 reserves games for the year and no more than 9 senior games, not including finals.
However if the senior team is still in that weekend any player is eligible provided they have played three club games through the h&a season.

So the other two sides that are playing in Sunday's final are they not good enough to Win the Grand Final !!!!! Did Daylesford not beat Hepburn two weeks ago ???:) So from the way I see it if Hepburn had of WON then you would of had your wish !!!!!!!!:eek: but finals are a different ball game and any side on the day can win.
No they are not good enough. Daylesford won't keep Cox and McKay that quiet again and Waubra smashed them a few weeks back. Buninyong have not beaten either of them came close a week ago that was their best shot.
Shoot me down if I'm wrong , but I won't be. Over and out.

Who's your tip for the flag?

No they are not good enough. Daylesford won't keep Cox and McKay that quiet again and Waubra smashed them a few weeks back. Buninyong have not beaten either of them came close a week ago that was their best shot.
Shoot me down if I'm wrong , but I won't be. Over and out.

Who's your tip for the flag?

Ok we will have to both wait and see and then I might have to shoot you down:) Not sure about the flag I will wait and see what plays out this week !!!!:D and then let you know.......

With a bit of luck it'l be a Waubra vs Buninyong. At least folks will be happy about no Spa Counry side in it. Get a nice crowd as well I reckon

Well it seems we have many out there who want to dance on our grave. Unfortunately for you people we have to be dead for that to happen. (Lindsay Olver Last Week)

LET THE DANCING BEGIN !!!!
Popeye...Hepburn spent sooo much money this year (SR $22K JD $20k LC $21k AM $22K JBros $20K Ruckmen/Forwards $35K DS $10k BS $15k + bananas) and your juniors are crap. Eye off the ball boys....James Evans was right in the courier.

Robbo most over rated coach ever... with the money given to him he should have won a flag every year.
Shane S Waubra is good Andrew B is gold getting a bunch of kids to where they are.

Let's not kid ourselves lake all teams in the top 5or6 pay good dollars,correct me if I am wrong but did Sullivan leave dford just because he likes to watch the windmills go around! Idont think so.the exception to the top 5 or 6 is Gordon ,they possibly don't but the others certainly do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not kid ourselves lake all teams in the top 5or6 pay good dollars,correct me if I am wrong but did Sullivan leave dford just because he likes to watch the windmills go around! Idont think so.the exception to the top 5 or 6 is Gordon ,they possibly don't but the others certainly do

I think you're wrong about Sullivan and Gordon. Sullivan just wants success. Yeah he'd be getting reasonable money but it would be less than what the majority of clubs would be prepared to pay him. Waubra do not recruit mercenaries. If he wanted the big bucks he would have went to Gordon with his mate who was more interested in coin than success.

You are right about one thing though - Sullivan gets a real thrill out of watching those turbines on a windy day. He often gets to training early so he can get a good look in before it's too dark.

I think you're wrong about Sullivan and Gordon. Sullivan just wants success. Yeah he'd be getting reasonable money but it would be less than what the majority of clubs would be prepared to pay him. Waubra do not recruit mercenaries. If he wanted the big bucks he would have went to Gordon with his mate who was more interested in coin than success.

You are right about one thing though - Sullivan gets a real thrill out of watching those turbines on a windy day. He often gets to training early so he can get a good look in before it's too dark.

Don't talk crap sullivan is on 500 - straight from the horses mouth. He might want success but he wants it with some trimmings and why not. You are right on gordon they are paying good coin to their stars.

Can anyone fill me in on how good the olivers are from Waubra, I heard they were reasonable players but have not seen them play. Look forward to getting down and watching them in the granny this week.

Stu (look away) Oliver solid lead up forward but can also go back. His trick though is his ability to hit the target with his look away handballs on the half back line.

Lachie ( dog ate my tounge) Oliver hard running midfielder who kicked a great sausage to bury the burra on the weekend. His best trait is his durability, never misses a game, just does not get injured! Tough as nails.

The best of all is Seb Oliver!!! Lively crumbing forward with pace to burn! They call him the magician out at the turbines. Probably got the other two covered.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Don't talk crap sullivan is on 500 - straight from the horses mouth. He might want success but he wants it with some trimmings and why not. You are right on gordon they are paying good coin to their stars.

What stars? Their best players are their young blokes Munari, Gunnells x2 .Hallam and James and they dont get big paypackets.

What stars? Their best players are their young blokes Munari, Gunnells x2 .Hallam and James and they dont get big paypackets.

Ah, heard of Turley, Raworth, Grills, Nicholson? Gunnells are stars and probably are getting less than what they are worth on the open market but PLEASE!!!! don't start the "everybody else is spending big money except us" rubbish. It doesn't matter - nobody cares - it is part of footy, I just get sick of people trying to play down what is being spent. The Olver brothers get on here and say that Hepburn are not spending big bucks. Does anybody believe it??? Yet we are expected to swallow the claim that other clubs like Gordon and Waubra are paying a can of coke and a hotdog and their players play for the love of the game. I know whats on offer out there and there are a lot better blokes running around than me. If clubs can afford it go for it its not a big deal. You won't win a flag unless you are spending cash. Simple as that.

Sullivan is on 500 freak dodgeball accident. Maybe he is saving up for a better car or maybe he doesn't care for flash cars. They all get you from 1 place to another doesn't matter how expensive they are.

Ah, heard of Turley, Raworth, Grills, Nicholson? Gunnells are stars and probably are getting less than what they are worth on the open market but PLEASE!!!! don't start the "everybody else is spending big money except us" rubbish. It doesn't matter - nobody cares - it is part of footy, I just get sick of people trying to play down what is being spent. The Olver brothers get on here and say that Hepburn are not spending big bucks. Does anybody believe it??? Yet we are expected to swallow the claim that other clubs like Gordon and Waubra are paying a can of coke and a hotdog and their players play for the love of the game. I know whats on offer out there and there are a lot better blokes running around than me. If clubs can afford it go for it its not a big deal. You won't win a flag unless you are spending cash. Simple as that.

Sullivan is on 500 freak dodgeball accident. Maybe he is saving up for a better car or maybe he doesn't care for flash cars. They all get you from 1 place to another doesn't matter how expensive they are.

Didnt say those players you mentioned werent getting paid well. Just said they werent their stars. In my opinion the five I mentioned are, and are more value then the four you said.

Didnt say those players you mentioned werent getting paid well. Just said they werent their stars. In my opinion the five I mentioned are, and are more value then the four you said.

The key to that is "in my opinion". And in my opinion Turley Raworth Grills and Nicholson along with the Gunnels and Tim Werner are their stars. But we'll agree to disagree.

So are Daylesford any chance or will the wind farmers blow them away?

I'm not sure anyone cares, it seems the major issue here atm is who are Gordon's guns and how much do clubs pay. After all its only the grand final.

Starfish hit the nail on the head " you won't win a flag unless you are spending cash. Simple as that "

So true, quit the crap if you cant fund your clubs fold them up or merge, lets get back to a strong comp and final 5 . We have a final 8 and only 4 of them were genuine contenders and Hepburn suffered for finishing on top. Yes more clubs play finals but they are not good enough and it's to the top sides detriment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back