Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyntynder sound like they will be the benchmark this year with a big squad with a fair bit of depth.
Also, who are the prime movers for koondrook this year??? Sounds like they have picked up more than half a team which is good to see, 2 from 2 so far..

hey ron i think you might have jumped the gun a bit mate tyntynder have only beaten woorinen, who aren't exactly tearing the comp apart mate, one win over a bottom side doesn't make you the benchmark i wouldn't of thought champ! tooleybuc have been touted as the benchmark but got beaten pretty wellby all reports by kerang i think swan hill and even barham would probably be ahead of the doggies as well.

barham's prime movers are the milward boys, brodie filo, heath culpitt and i think another fella from darwin.they have some handy middle range players being gibson, myles, the pollock boys. all very good players under the instruction of the coaches coach sean filo. personally i think it's a bit of a shame to have a claytons coach in shannon milward when filo is the puppet master all so they can pay him more coin? hope all that cash pays off!

hey ron i think you might have jumped the gun a bit mate tyntynder have only beaten woorinen, who aren't exactly tearing the comp apart mate, one win over a bottom side doesn't make you the benchmark i wouldn't of thought champ! tooleybuc have been touted as the benchmark but got beaten pretty wellby all reports by kerang i think swan hill and even barham would probably be ahead of the doggies as well.

barham's prime movers are the milward boys, brodie filo, heath culpitt and i think another fella from darwin.they have some handy middle range players being gibson, myles, the pollock boys. all very good players under the instruction of the coaches coach sean filo. personally i think it's a bit of a shame to have a claytons coach in shannon milward when filo is the puppet master all so they can pay him more coin? hope all that cash pays off!

Heard a rumour that Barham may have exceeded thier point allocation in Round 1, and to continue playing that team they will only be allowed 2 on the bench. Anyone else heard this?

Heard a rumour that Barham may have exceeded thier point allocation in Round 1, and to continue playing that team they will only be allowed 2 on the bench. Anyone else heard this?

Footy pie- I know round 1 they tried to put lee pollock as their coach on the team sheet to reduce points, league may have picked up on this??

As far as tyntynder not being benchmark material- they are real good, rossfaulkner u put barham ahead of them. Barham have gun onballers but tyntynder is a much better overall team.

Rd 1 barham beat us by 62pts, rd 2 tyntynder beat us by 134.. Says enough to me.

Barham may not even make finals with Nyah Swan Hill Tyntynder Tooly and Kerang around the same mark even Lalbert. Set up for a great season with only Cohuna and woora being weak this year

Adam Pollock has jumped ship with the points fiasco at Barham, now signed with the dogs at Pyramid Hill. Think that will allow the rest to fit for now:confused:

Hoping to move down from QLD to country Victoria next year. I'm a Physical education/Maths teacher (P-10) looking for anyone that might know someone involved with schools in the region that I can possibly impress and get a job through.

Played with Mount Gravatt 2006-2007 (QLD state league) & Surfers paradise 2008 (QLD premier league) and had 2009-2010 of due to uni/work commitments.

Currently teaching in Cairns playing for North Cairns in the CAFL.

187cm
91kg
Utility
25 yrs Old

Any help would be great! :thumbsu:

Did you play with Mick stinear at Mt Gravatt, hes currently coaching stkilda city , 0410111462

Adam Pollock has jumped ship with the points fiasco at Barham, now signed with the dogs at Pyramid Hill. Think that will allow the rest to fit for now:confused:

did he JUMP SHIP, or was he asked to go. We heard that it was a money and points thing and he was told they wouldnt be able to pay him or play him past round 4, so he left...

did he JUMP SHIP, or was he asked to go. We heard that it was a money and points thing and he was told they wouldnt be able to pay him or play him past round 4, so he left...
Could be the case but i dont know that the $$$$ and points were only an issue for Adam, could be more with the same problem? Who do they have to Ruck other than his brother, Filo had Adam over Leigh at Kerang in the same spot. Either way at least they are having a crack at it otherwise it could have been curtains in a few years as it was.

Could be the case but i dont know that the $$$$ and points were only an issue for Adam, could be more with the same problem? Who do they have to Ruck other than his brother, Filo had Adam over Leigh at Kerang in the same spot. Either way at least they are having a crack at it otherwise it could have been curtains in a few years as it was.

Absolutely agree good luck to them. Our club is in same situation now, nyah did it last yr, lalbert have done it this yr. Very hard to get footballers now when you are down the bottom. They have recruited guns n I hope for their sake they make finals but even though they have spent a lot I doubt they will. Tooleybuc, kerang, tyntynder, swan hill and Nyah ahead. Leaves barham with lake boga, lalbert and balranald in the middle but all capable of besting any of those top 5 in my opinion, it's very even really.

Would have to be the strongest the league has been for a long time..

Anyone care to have a go at the interleague BEST team.

Curtains for who? The Raiders? Thats a big call! Koondrook/Barham are very sound financailly,have probably the biggest supporter base in the comp and are in the process of of a huge redevelopment which includes a new ground,new netball courts and double story club rooms. The new ground is being used by the juniors this year and has got probably the best playing surface that I have seen outside the AFL. That may sound like a big call but check it out next time your in town and I'm sure you will agree!
The coaching set up at the Raiders has been critisized by many outside the club,but from all accounts is running very smoothly.

Hoping to move down from QLD to country Victoria next year. I'm a Physical education/Maths teacher (P-10) looking for anyone that might know someone involved with schools in the region that I can possibly impress and get a job through.

Played with Mount Gravatt 2006-2007 (QLD state league) & Surfers paradise 2008 (QLD premier league) and had 2009-2010 of due to uni/work commitments.

Currently teaching in Cairns.

187cm
91kg
Utility
25 yrs Old

Any help would be great! :D

Curtains for who? The Raiders? Thats a big call! Koondrook/Barham are very sound financailly,have probably the biggest supporter base in the comp and are in the process of of a huge redevelopment which includes a new ground,new netball courts and double story club rooms. The new ground is being used by the juniors this year and has got probably the best playing surface that I have seen outside the AFL. That may sound like a big call but check it out next time your in town and I'm sure you will agree!
The coaching set up at the Raiders has been critisized by many outside the club,but from all accounts is running very smoothly.

It was quoted by Barham official it was either have a crack n stay central Murray or head to golden rivers.

No one would doubt the improvements at your reserve have made are great, but you would have to admit surely that your club is spending a lot of coin!!! But as previously said, I believe if they didn't, then it may as well been curtains in a few yrs. Not one bit sticking knives into the raiders as they had to do it, as did Nyah, lalbert. Just reality really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was quoted by Barham official it was either have a crack n stay central Murray or head to golden rivers.

No one would doubt the improvements at your reserve have made are great, but you would have to admit surely that your club is spending a lot of coin!!! But as previously said, I believe if they didn't, then it may as well been curtains in a few yrs. Not one bit sticking knives into the raiders as they had to do it, as did Nyah, lalbert. Just reality really.

Yep I'm sure they are spending more this year then they probably ever have on players,but it's certainly not a situation of flag or bust. Still not sure why you think that it may as well be curtains in a few years. Like I said the club is very healthy despite the lack of on feild success. Being an ex committee member with the Raiders I find it very hard to beleive the quote from the "so called" Barham official would be the veiw of the current committee as a whole. Cheers Telstra

i travelled to kerang on saturday to watch the grand final reply and was very dissapointed with what i saw. it was a fairly skillfull game with a few highlights but as far as i could see kerang who supposedly has one of the best midfields around was minus a few big names with no spriggs, no cotchett. fair to say the game could of been a bit more exciting i overheard a few kerang blokes saying they had about eight or so sidelined which i could believe as i didn't recognise quite a few of the blues players. the only out i could see for the swans would be mcintyre. The swans key players stood up when needed in moloney, davies, beasy all stood tall at the close of the game, i thought kobe wilson played a great game to convincingly take the points against hugh foot. grayling was well held by tasker and beasy spent time down back also. thamm spent a fair bit of time running through the middle. all in all it was a good game but i expected some fireworks but that was not to be. bardon from kerang can certainly play.

on another subject whomever stated that barham's new ground is up to afl standards is kidding himself, the grass there is white it's shocking, you would eed to wear sunglasses to play on it! perhaps they need to paint it green? things aren't sailing all so smoothly i wouldn't of thought over there with players getting axed and new recruits doing there best impersonations of witches hats! big money spent on flights, transfers, match payments they really need to be getting a kick.

i travelled to kerang on saturday to watch the grand final reply and was very dissapointed with what i saw. It was a fairly skillfull game with a few highlights but as far as i could see kerang who supposedly has one of the best midfields around was minus a few big names with no spriggs, no cotchett. Fair to say the game could of been a bit more exciting i overheard a few kerang blokes saying they had about eight or so sidelined which i could believe as i didn't recognise quite a few of the blues players. The only out i could see for the swans would be mcintyre. The swans key players stood up when needed in moloney, davies, beasy all stood tall at the close of the game, i thought kobe wilson played a great game to convincingly take the points against hugh foot. Grayling was well held by tasker and beasy spent time down back also. Thamm spent a fair bit of time running through the middle. All in all it was a good game but i expected some fireworks but that was not to be. Bardon from kerang can certainly play.

On another subject whomever stated that barham's new ground is up to afl standards is kidding himself, the grass there is white it's shocking, you would eed to wear sunglasses to play on it! Perhaps they need to paint it green? Things aren't sailing all so smoothly i wouldn't of thought over there with players getting axed and new recruits doing there best impersonations of witches hats! Big money spent on flights, transfers, match payments they really need to be getting a kick.
how are the darwin fly in fly out recruits going?

i think so far culpitt would be the only one who has justified the money spent on him, reading the results you wouldn't even know who else was travelling down with him. they are some very expensive travel companions in my view. but good luck to them. there going to need it after this year it will be interesting how many hang around?

i travelled to kerang on saturday to watch the grand final reply and was very dissapointed with what i saw. it was a fairly skillfull game with a few highlights but as far as i could see kerang who supposedly has one of the best midfields around was minus a few big names with no spriggs, no cotchett. fair to say the game could of been a bit more exciting i overheard a few kerang blokes saying they had about eight or so sidelined which i could believe as i didn't recognise quite a few of the blues players. the only out i could see for the swans would be mcintyre. The swans key players stood up when needed in moloney, davies, beasy all stood tall at the close of the game, i thought kobe wilson played a great game to convincingly take the points against hugh foot. grayling was well held by tasker and beasy spent time down back also. thamm spent a fair bit of time running through the middle. all in all it was a good game but i expected some fireworks but that was not to be. bardon from kerang can certainly play.

on another subject whomever stated that barham's new ground is up to afl standards is kidding himself, the grass there is white it's shocking, you would eed to wear sunglasses to play on it! perhaps they need to paint it green? things aren't sailing all so smoothly i wouldn't of thought over there with players getting axed and new recruits doing there best impersonations of witches hats! big money spent on flights, transfers, match payments they really need to be getting a kick.

I heard about Cotchett and Spriggs, 8 is alot if true. But who were the others that Kerang were missing?

i've done some homework and found this out, missing were cotchett, spriggs, walters, booth, mcdonald, hird, gillingham and manuel. according to a "kerang" person who assures me he's on the money hird and mcdonald played pioneers, the rest were aparently injured or unavailable.. he also mentioned that they will be going into this weekend with still about five out although he didn't want to mention names....

i've done some homework and found this out, missing were cotchett, spriggs, walters, booth, mcdonald, hird, gillingham and manuel. according to a "kerang" person who assures me he's on the money hird and mcdonald played pioneers, the rest were aparently injured or unavailable.. he also mentioned that they will be going into this weekend with still about five out although he didn't want to mention names....

Add young Brad Pay to that list? Heard he broke both bones in the lower leg.

Anyone else heard the news of boga having an apparent crisis meeting last week? Not sure if the crises is on or off the field??

Hadn't heard a thing Ron. I would have thought they were a long way from crisis point from an on field point of view given what some other clubs have endured in this regard in recent years. I would be interested to hear more if anyone knows anything

Not sure about the meeting but definatly a rumour going around that club support has dropped away due to how decisions are made around the club. Not all happy out at Pie land. can anyone confirm or deny from the club??

hey rosco you sound like you know a bit about kerang mate, was wondering how the big fella p.grayling was travelling up there for the blues. saw him play in a past life and for an unassuming sort of character the boy could play. just interested on what your or anyone elses thoughts are on the big rig.
cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back