Central Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If your playing senior footy, you don't need a red sign put up in the dying stages of a game to kick it down the line around the boundary line, that's under 12s stuff
Have you played senior football before? Sometimes a runner isn’t sufficient to get messages across to every player. I think it’s a great idea and I will be mentioning this to our match committee.

If your playing senior footy, you don't need a red sign put up in the dying stages of a game to kick it down the line around the boundary line, that's under 12s stuff

Exactly. Most senior players would have some sort of footy IQ about them to be playing at that level and have a good idea of what to do in certain situations.

Have you played senior football before? Sometimes a runner isn’t sufficient to get messages across to every player. I think it’s a great idea and I will be mentioning this to our match committee.
Not very well lacurra

but even I knew if there's bugger all time left in a game and it's close, you don't need a runner or signs to understand the time in a game. Just kick it long and hug the boundary.

I've always assumed you play to your strengths, nyah have signed a gun forward and always have good crumbers, why go slow, give them the best chance to kick a winning score. I don't recall Tony Berry telling he's guys to slow the ball down

Not very well lacurra

but even I knew if there's bugger all time left in a game and it's close, you don't need a runner or signs to understand the time in a game. Just kick it long and hug the boundary.

I've always assumed you play to your strengths, nyah have signed a gun forward and always have good crumbers, why go slow, give them the best chance to kick a winning score. I don't recall Tony Berry telling he's guys to slow the ball down
Fair point mate.

Not very well lacurra

You’d think most footballers would understand this, but some footballers are dumb….. real dumb.

How bout we settle with the derogatory comments everyone.

Lots of new posters on here which is great but let’s not lose the respect that’s has been shown for many years
I’m not sure if you have already said it but who do you think is top 5 this year Roota?

I’m not sure if you have already said it but who do you think is top 5 this year Roota?

Hard for me being a long way from it but I think it’s a real even year

Something like

Woorinen
Balranald
Kerang
Nyah
Lalbert (hopefully)

Not sure of order

But you can make a case for Cohuna to push in.

Swan Hill are unkowns for me without Wade and Moloney but if Toumpas plays a lot, McKeown is as good as reported and the coach is fit then they will be very handy. Tyntynder are also a fun watch as Magro is a genuine superstar.

All in all I think it’s shaping as the best season for many many many years

Last edited:
Hard for me being a long way from it but I think it’s a real even year

Something like

Woorinen
Balranald
Kerang
Nyah
Lalbert (hopefully)

Not sure of order

But you can make a case for Cohuna to push in.

Swan Hill are unkowns for me without Wade and Moloney but if Toumpas plays a lot, McKeown is as good as reported and the coach is fit then they will be very handy. Tyntynder are also a fun watch as Magro is a genuine superstar.

All in all I think it’s shaping as the next season for many many many years
Can throw a blanket over 8 teams. Healthy competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baird, a guy from up north with sanfl experience and dibsdale is back from geelong. I'd like to see them get a couple of big bodies prior to June 30
Who else have they lost from last year Trent?

I had heard Davis x 2 & Coates retired plus Smith, Hall, Runciman, Dalrymple, Hunter & Lloyd all moved on

What are Woorinens known in and outs? A lot of people have them up the top.

According to their Facebook page the ins are:
Mitch Whitfield
Matt Perry
Tom Langford
Clayton McCartney
Josh Stone
Jack Hughes
Luke Merrett
Arnold Kirby

Outs according to the CMFL Facebook transfers:
Patrick Vespremi
Robbie Miller
Danko Bzenic
Angus Butterfield
Thomas Isma
Dylan Godwin
Caylan Lyons
Matthew King
Bailey Fry
Archie O’Halloran Farrow
Austin Mckerrow
Tom Domaille

Not sure how many of those outs are regular senior players though

According to their Facebook page the ins are:
Mitch Whitfield
Matt Perry
Tom Langford
Clayton McCartney
Josh Stone
Jack Hughes
Luke Merrett
Arnold Kirby

Outs according to the CMFL Facebook transfers:
Patrick Vespremi
Robbie Miller
Danko Bzenic
Angus Butterfield
Thomas Isma
Dylan Godwin
Caylan Lyons
Matthew King
Bailey Fry
Archie O’Halloran Farrow
Austin Mckerrow
Tom Domaille

Not sure how many of those outs are regular senior players though
Vespremi didn’t play.
Bzenic good player obviously but underwhelming.
Butterfield very, very good when I’ve seen him but they will actually cover him well.
The rest they are probably upgrading on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back