Central Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did guys leave and not want to play under a good coach and improve their footy? Not sure heading out to murrabit will do that
From all the things i’ve heard they left because they werent happy about not getting much of a run in the seniors for the last few years and had been stuck playing reserves. So once the likes of Murrabit and Moula started throwing some cash at them they decided to take it. As for the players that went to Ultima they’ve only gone out there for the year chasing a flag. I believe all players will return to the club in the next season or 2 which Helmers will still be coaching i would imagine.
Boga basically starting again where they were 4 or 5 years ago but i would say slightly stronger now that the local players are in the mid 20s and not all 18-20 year old kids. Will still be a very long and tough year for them though unfortunately.

Nor should he. Plenty or less creditionald and successful “coaches” demand huge money from clubs.

Dean came to the region on the back of a hugely successful playing and then coaching career. Moved to the region with his young family.

I’ll defend him to the hilt against any criticism
I don’t think that anyone that has played under helmers or even heard him speak at a huddle could deny that he is a good coach. He outcoached Demaria in those grand finals and should’ve at least won one of those, 5 goals 18 points or whatever it was that lalbert kicked in one of them cost them.

I don’t think that anyone that has played under helmers or even heard him speak at a huddle could deny that he is a good coach. He outcoached Demaria in those grand finals and should’ve at least won one of those, 5 goals 18 points or whatever it was that lalbert kicked in one of them cost them.

Helmers out coached Demaria in the home and away games too whilst at Lalbert. Did a lot with the list and is a much better coach for the lists he had at Tooleybuc and now Boga

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I take it that Lalbert won both those grand finals that Helmers out coached Demaria in?

Not denying Helmers is a good coach, but to say he out coached Demaria in those 2 finals is silly.

So I take it that Lalbert won both those grand finals that Helmers out coached Demaria in?

Not denying Helmers is a good coach, but to say he out coached Demaria in those 2 finals is silly.
Are we really going back 5/6 years ago again? Demaria was the best coach and had the best team for that period, no ifs or buts. Eagles unfortunately just copped it both times. Time to MOVE ON.

What are people’s thoughts on Tooley/Manang this year? Will they improve? New coach, lost a few, picked up a few..

Helmers record stands up, did well at Sunbury, made Romsey a force and broady as well. Pretty decent run at lalbert, things didn't work at tooleybuc, but not even shane Lennon could get more out if them.

I haven't had the pleasure od seeing marcus coach, but he's record at woora is pretty decent and he can attract good recruits to play under him. The strange thing is I played on marcus quite a few times and I always thought he didn't run into dangerous positions and was easy to play on

Is alvey or morris coaching tooleybuc?

Coatsey is a meticulous planner and is the best coach north of Bendigo, darryl included at the moment

Helmers record stands up, did well at Sunbury, made Romsey a force and broady as well. Pretty decent run at lalbert, things didn't work at tooleybuc, but not even shane Lennon could get more out if them.

I haven't had the pleasure od seeing marcus coach, but he's record at woora is pretty decent and he can attract good recruits to play under him. The strange thing is I played on marcus quite a few times and I always thought he didn't run into dangerous positions and was easy to play on

Coatsey is a meticulous planner and is the best coach north of Bendigo, darryl included at the moment
Are we judging coaching or playing here Trent??

Morris is coaching T/M.

Have heard reports that the Lake Boga recruits have done a back turn and decided to stay in Melbourne.

Hey lads, not sure if this post will work as i'm an old fella who isn't great with technology. Anyway rumours out of the dees camp that Grenfell is playing in a practice game against ultima tonight. How many will he kick do we think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back