Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

The problems are they all rate themselves, and then over rate the winning team on the day as if they have wob the Flag and have a team of Brownlow Medalists.

Excellent when you win, but for the losing team or neutral observer it is nauseaating. Ling and Darcy are the worst at this. Ling last night was ridiculous towards the end.

When are the rights up?
Hopefully channel 7 dont get them so we can get a refresh

Human rights? I’ll happy waive them when it comes to football commentators.

Firing squad at dawn. And just like the Romanovs in the cellar, once the smoke has cleared, finish them off with bayonets.

I’d put Hamish, Darcy, Ling, and Russell in the front row. McAvaney front and centre.

Serious question - can you listen to the game on foxtel or any other medium without the commentary but with the crowd noise or the umpires whistle? Is that option available for any sport? I watch with the sound off for some commentator combinations which is fine but I would like to hear the atmosphere, umpires whistle etc.

Human rights? I’ll happy waive them when it comes to football commentators.

Firing squad at dawn. And just like the Romanovs in the cellar, once the smoke has cleared, finish them off with bayonets.

I’d put Hamish, Darcy, Ling, and Russell in the front row. McAvaney front and centre.
Harsh.

If I was picking the ideal commentary team I would have:

Commentators- Lane & Whateley
Special comments- Carey & Lyon
Boundary rider- Ling

Reduce the number of commentators in the box - 2 or 3 is plenty. It’s on tv, we don’t actually need every action called, we can see it.

Ship off:
Darcy
Ling
Basil
Hammer
Carey

Get JB & BT calling together - boggles the mind they aren’t.

The problems are they all rate themselves, and then over rate the winning team on the day as if they have wob the Flag and have a team of Brownlow Medalists.

Excellent when you win, but for the losing team or neutral observer it is nauseaating. Ling and Darcy are the worst at this. Ling last night was ridiculous towards the end.

The nauseating sentimental babble goes on for minutes while the play continues, so nobody is actually calling the game, and then, "Oh, they've kicked a goal".

The nauseating sentimental babble goes on for minutes while the play continues, so nobody is actually calling the game, and then, "Oh, they've kicked a goal".

It's incredible.

It is like we are viewing the best assembled team in Afl/Vfl history.

At Rd 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy must have mentioned Higgin’s background 3 times last night, and claimed repeatedly he was the best prepared junior in the game because he dropped out of school. Just nauseating rubbish.

The only analysis we got from Ling last night was that Melbourne were competitive in the contest but were getting beaten on the outside. This was repeated constantly for the first 3 quarters even though it was 8 goals to 5. The only other special comments were about how awesome Rance and Martin are or how brave and courageous some players are or talking about someone's background

The only other special comments were about how awesome Rance

Rance would struggle to get hard for his wife considering how much commentary teams pleasure him. By far the most overrated player in the league.

Very poor last night - it's hard to imagine you could get it so wrong.

Regardless of the result, it was a high pressure physical contest for most of the match, in a marquee slot. The vision was telling the story, all you they had to do was call it.

Instead we got incessant fawning over players, talking over moments of intense play and generally useless player backstories. That's fine when it's a 1st vs 18th on a Sunday afternoon in Canberra and they're chipping it around on the flanks. This game wasn't that occasion, so for the love of God - shut the hell up.

Daisy copping a lot of flak, but I don't think she's any worse than any of the others who do her role. It was just the wrong game to do it. Deadset throwing her under the bus if they keep getting her to do things like that 3QT 'update' with Josh Mahoney.

Basil annoys the hell out of me. Stupid stats and history and loves to talk up potential controversies

I didn’t mind BT until that North v Hawks game. To speak as if Hawks had already won the game was biased commentary at its highest. He broke the biggest rule.

Tim Watson isn’t spectacular but his deliberate efforts to try and balance out the commentary was admirable.

Richo and Carey I don’t mind. They’re both opposites in a way. Richo is predictable but stable while Carey doesn’t mind throwing in something from left field.

Ling - No words can describe the useless statements that come out of this guys mouth in every single game. Is play school still on ABC? Someone please transfer him there ... “the square block fits through the square hole”... yes Lingy it does... it does mate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back