Recommitted Chad Wingard [OOC 2023 - stayed]

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he burn a bridge?
I'd say the bridge was burnt the other way - the PAFC media plants, no doubt lead by those inside Port, making comments about him being unprofessional, spending too much time online gaming, etc. I can't imagine Chad would want to come back with the current regime, though maybe when they finally move on he could look at a Twilight years tour here. I'm biased as he was one of my favourites but I'd love to see him back.

If he hadn’t have been put in cotton wool for the year he may have had some trade currency, but I think most of us Hawks supporters were more than happy to keep him. Next year is a watch.

Will be 30 next year and out of contract

Won’t get anything for him, better off trying to get him to stay
For a contender who needs a match winner?
Or GWS and there annual query for us to trade him but pay his wage for a 1st....
Or Port to bring him back to finish his career where it started....

Can see quite a few suitable destinations but honestly he won't be going anywhere, with Amon and Impey I see him staying with us until he retires.

Or GWS and there annual query for us to trade him but pay his wage for a 1st....

Can see quite a few suitable destinations but honestly he won't be going anywhere, with Amon and Impey I see him staying with us until he retires.

If the Hawks keep recruiting Port players he won’t need to go back to Port, they’ll all just come to him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn’t there an offer from GWS last year but he wanted to stay?

Won’t be surprised if 2023 is his last at Hawthorn.
Yes, if he’d have been open to moving to Sydney the Giants we’re going to pick slide to 22, for their Pick 15.

But Chad didn’t really ever want to leave SA, so he was probably never going to say yes to moving even further away.

Next year would not be surprised if Brisbane have a go. Very vanilla side, need some x factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting re-read.

"Off-field, I think I just needed to refresh my mind and I needed a new challenge," he said.

"I think I got a little bit too comfortable at Port Adelaide. It was the same routine and not making finals became tough on me, because I want to play in those games.

"Obviously, the boys are playing some really good footy over there, but, for me personally, I'm much happier off the field. On the field, I feel like I'm rejuvenated.

"I've got that belief in me again – and Hawthorn have instilled that in me. I didn't quite feel that (previously)."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back