chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
He's been the leading wicket taker this season in the Sheffield Shield, taking 48 wickets at 18 playing at home on a flat Adelaide deck. Does he have a future in the Australian bowling attack for those who have seen him play?

probably needs to be a few more yards quicker, but then I guess loses swing ability.

Has good control, can bowl all day, works out a batsman, 26 years old I think so maybe, has done it the hard way to through Grade Cricket ranks with truck loads of wickets. Should definitely be in the A tour squad.

probably needs to be a few more yards quicker, but then I guess loses swing ability.

Has good control, can bowl all day, works out a batsman, 26 years old I think so maybe, has done it the hard way to through Grade Cricket ranks with truck loads of wickets. Should definitely be in the A tour squad.
Exactly the reason he wont' get a game. He didn't play in the U19's.

Probably not this Ashes

Harris is the main bloke to come in.

Maybe Hilfy if he can take some wickets for Australia A

agree with this, Harris will probably be on the plane to England. Sayers maybe Ashes in Australia he might get a look in if he continues to take wickets.

Hilfy might have played his last game, but he is suited to English conditions

Hilfy might have played his last game, but he is suited to English conditions

We had Siddle Hilfy and Mitch in 2009, and they were all about the same standard (Johnson looked worse - but he still took wickets). The problem is that attack, with Hauritz, wasn't good enough to win. Siddle has improved. Johnson - who knows, Hilfenhaus - hasn't improved.

Lyon, Doherty and whoever are not as good as hauritz was (which wasn't that good anyway). We have to improve our attack - Pattinson comes in with Siddle, then we have to try Bird, plus two of Johnson, Starc, and a youngster (Sayers? Copeland? Butterworth? McKay - too old? Coulter-Nile?).

I would be astonished if Hilfenhaus is selected - he was never quite Test standard, and hasn't improved. No good going back to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean no.

Jackson Bird is almost two metres tall and gets bounce off a length, Chadd Sayers would be lucky to be 6 foot and skiddy. Sayers is closer to a Philander while Bird is more a Clark or McGrath style bowler.

The needs to get quicker fallacy is a fallacy as it was the same reasoning that kept him out of Shield when he continually dominated premier grade and would get the best state bats out. He has taken 230 wickets in premier grade (OD/T20 included) in the last 5 seasons at 12.31, going back to 2008/09 as SACA finally switched to mycricket then. His record prior to that is just as impressive.

All that should happen is that his 2013/14 seasons start off just as well and then he is into the Australian squad for the Ashes. Alternatively I would tell him to find a club to play for in England in the event that the quicks drop off in England.

You mean no.

Jackson Bird is almost two metres tall and gets bounce off a length, Chadd Sayers would be lucky to be 6 foot and skiddy. Sayers is closer to a Philander while Bird is more a Clark or McGrath style bowler.

The needs to get quicker fallacy is a fallacy as it was the same reasoning that kept him out of Shield when he continually dominated premier grade and would get the best state bats out. He has taken 230 wickets in premier grade (OD/T20 included) in the last 5 seasons at 12.31, going back to 2008/09 as SACA finally switched to mycricket then. His record prior to that is just as impressive.

All that should happen is that his 2013/14 seasons start off just as well and then he is into the Australian squad for the Ashes. Alternatively I would tell him to find a club to play for in England in the event that the quicks drop off in England.

Should try for Lancashire League.

More Australians need to play Lancashire League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back