Conspiracy Theory Challenger space shuttle

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a pretty amazing coincidence. The look a likes have a lot of similarities......

Why wouldn't they change their names though?

Why would they want to fake their deaths?

I think the finger is being pointed at NASA. Why did they hide it? (If the astronauts are still alive)

Well that was easy.
Not neccasarily,while I have doubts myself on the theory,snopes is an extremely dodgy website.
Remember to,for every crazy conspiracy theory there are equally as nutty people with a clear obsession with 'debunking' such thought.
You will notice this in the same way some people want to 'debunk' every single theory. I think you'll find the obsessed on both sides of these conspiracy coins.

Not neccasarily,while I have doubts myself on the theory,snopes is an extremely dodgy website.
Remember to,for every crazy conspiracy theory there are equally as nutty people with a clear obsession with 'debunking' such thought.
You will notice this in the same way some people want to 'debunk' every single theory. I think you'll find the obsessed on both sides of these conspiracy coins.
I was taking the piss. I said to discuss, he posted one single link then discuss, so I posted one single sentence. I only saw the original link I posted the other day, hadn't heard of it previously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was taking the piss. I said to discuss, he posted one single link then discuss, so I posted one single sentence. I only saw the original link I posted the other day, hadn't heard of it previously.
Yeah I got that. Like you I thought the previous post was so lazy and such a waste of constructive space I thought it best to attach my comments to yours.

It would be interesting to see if this has any relationship to the Mandela Effect. It could be that the experiments being carried out at CERN have stepped up a notch. Wouldn't be inconceivable that if they are going to plonk a few dead people back on earth for example,they would choose astronauts from one of the greatest ever disasters in space explorations history.

Last edited:
Last night randomly watched a doco on Challenger disaster on youtube after watching this first brief video of it's coverage and the reasons why it exploded. Funny, I do not recall before looking into it and 34 years later I now understand why it blew up. It should have never launched with weather so cold.

Also I assumed at time they were dead instantly but I'm stunned to think they actually only died below sea. Learn something new every day.

Last night randomly watched a doco on Challenger disaster on youtube after watching this first brief video of it's coverage and the reasons why it exploded. Funny, I do not recall before looking into it and 34 years later I now understand why it blew up. It should have never launched with weather so cold.

Also I assumed at time they were dead instantly but I'm stunned to think they actually only died below sea. Learn something new every day.

I saw this On the Discovery Channel 10 years ago I think. Is this the one that talked about the previous shuttle mission and how it was incredible luck that Discovery didn’t suffer the same fate? A faulty cheap part being a major player behind the disaster.

I saw this On the Discovery Channel 10 years ago I think. Is this the one that talked about the previous shuttle mission and how it was incredible luck that Discovery didn’t suffer the same fate? A faulty cheap part being a major player behind the disaster.
No, it never went into great detail of previous specific shuttle missions. It focused on the fact the engineers were very concerned at some O-rings that can erode and have never dealt with the extreme cold weather at the launch location that was forecast the morning. They recommended not launching below 53 degrees F from memory. The execs basically over ruled them implying they could not prove it would have issues at the type of temp forecast. When in fact it should be about the fact the engineers could not guarantee it would be ok at these low temps.

As it turned out the engineers were right about they should not have launched that morning and things went astray in slightly different way to what main engineer thought it could but the cause was the same as they were concerned about.

I did actually look at youtube yesterday and see some other doco I intend to watch today. Did not have time to watch yesterday but listened to opening segment and might be the other you are talking about.

Add a link to this thread after I locate it again.

No, it never went into great detail of previous specific shuttle missions. It focused on the fact the engineers were very concerned at some O-rings that can erode and have never dealt with the extreme cold weather at the launch location that was forecast the morning. They recommended not launching below 53 degrees F from memory. The execs basically over ruled them implying they could not prove it would have issues at the type of temp forecast. When in fact it should be about the fact the engineers could not guarantee it would be ok at these low temps.

As it turned out the engineers were right about they should not have launched that morning and things went astray in slightly different way to what main engineer thought it could but the cause was the same as they were concerned about.

I did actually look at youtube yesterday and see some other doco I intend to watch today. Did not have time to watch yesterday but listened to opening segment and might be the other you are talking about.

Add a link to this thread after I locate it again.
I watched this last night. Yes it was the O rings. A miracle it didn’t blow up on the launch pad. I did remember that it was a cross wind that jolted the faulty fused O ring away as they went to max throttle.
The one I watched on the Discovery Channel also talked about the previous Discovery shuttle mission and how it was a miracle it didn’t suffer a similar fate.

Have not got around to the actual doco was intending to watch. Saw one from 1981 and thought I'd watch their optimistic presentation before getting the more real story as time goes on....

It is creepy as they so excited for this shuttle called Columbia in 1981 and correct me of I am wrong, but that is the one that fell apart in 2003 as it buned up in our atmosphere ?

Have not got around to the actual doco was intending to watch. Saw one from 1981 and thought I'd watch their optimistic presentation before getting the more real story as time goes on....

It is creepy as they so excited for this shuttle called Columbia in 1981 and correct me of I am wrong, but that is the one that fell apart in 2003 as it buned up in our atmosphere ?

I was a massive fan of the Columbia shuttle. I had a little model one as a child. I was absolutely devastated when I woke up in a Brisbane Hotel room on a Sunday in Oz to the news that Columbia had disintegrated on re-entry.

That shows you why space travel is so much more expensive than air travel, which is itself more expensive than ground travel. You can drive a damaged car no worries, try that with a plane or spacecraft and the consequences are deadly. Flying machines require so much more maintenance!

I was a massive fan of the Columbia shuttle. I had a little model one as a child. I was absolutely devastated when I woke up in a Brisbane Hotel room on a Sunday in Oz to the news that Columbia had disintegrated on re-entry.
It is strange I do not even remember the Columbia disaster happening.
Certainly remember the Challenger disaster as we got to see the whole thing blow up in front of tv.
I just remember thinking they are instantly dead. Worst real thing I'd seen on tv until seeing the second plane fly into second World Trade Centre tower late at night.

Only from seeing these docos do I realise both space shuttle disasters were not the instant death I assumed they would be. If anyone going to handle their last few moments of live well in such a disaster those people would as they all knew risk of accidents were very real.

It is strange I do not even remember the Columbia disaster happening.
Certainly remember the Challenger disaster as we got to see the whole thing blow up in front of tv.
I just remember thinking they are instantly dead. Worst real thing I'd seen on tv until seeing the second plane fly into second World Trade Centre tower late at night.

Only from seeing these docos do I realise both space shuttle disasters were not the instant death I assumed they would be. If anyone going to handle their last few moments of live well in such a disaster those people would as they all knew risk of accidents were very real.
I snuck out of bed as a 13 year old in 1986 to watch Challenger take off. I was wondering why it wasn’t on TV as they televised it back then. The space shuttle launch had been delayed. My mum used to always bust me in the middle of the night watching the space shuttle take off. Geez she used to get pissed at me.

I snuck out of bed as a 13 year old in 1986 to watch Challenger take off. I was wondering why it wasn’t on TV as they televised it back then. The space shuttle launch had been delayed. My mum used to always bust me in the middle of the night watching the space shuttle take off. Geez she used to get pissed at me.
Do not think it was live but it was in school holidays and being a few years older than you, I may have been partying the night before and woke up more around lunch time. Without knowing any news I think I turned tv on and would have been trying to make sense of what I saw as remember seeing the explosion with no context people had died before I saw it. It felt like I watched it live probably because I saw it probably moments after waking up and suspect it was recorded and replayed by channel 7. But if it was early morning in their USA time it would have been after midnight our time. I do not recall staying up to watch launches. Only thing I remember as a kid to look out for was something called Skylab that was supposed to break up over Australia and apparently could see it in sky at night. I was too young to even understand what it was all about but certainly remember SkyLab was something that caught everyone's attention to physically look for it at night. A shuttle landing back to Earth for USA people would have been far more exciting to see.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back