Preview Changes/Preview – Round 11 vs. Euro-Yroke (St Kilda)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne versus St Kilda

Melbourne
IN: E.Langdon, J.van Rooyen, L.Hunter, A.Tomlinson, T.Fullarton
OUT: J.Lever (Injured), B.Brown (Omitted)

St Kilda
IN: L.Stocker, R.Byrnes, J.Higgins, S.Ross
OUT: M.Phillipou (Omitted)

I have nothing against Tomo but would prefer Petty back.
Weird that Hunter is an inclusion this week but not last week. Don't see how he gets a game unless someone is sick?

Probably just Sunday, extended bench shenanigans. They have to fill it out and the cupboard is pretty bare.

I kind of feel the Saints did Melbourne a favour by dropping Phillipou. He was getting/making chances last week just had a shocker when finishing. He is only 19 as well.

Not overly happy about it, but I'll cop Petty forward, only if it means Brown is out.

We're only one week removed from Goodwin thinking that three mediocre-poor KPFs was the way to go, so I'll settle for two for now. Can't expect too much from Simon.

This is a perfectly adequate forward mix for now, considering what we've got to pick from:

Pickett - Petty - Petracca (ANB rotating through)
McAdam - JVR - Fritsch (Chandler rotating through)
Brown put so that’s very good - thank ****!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 goals aint enough Sestan. You need to kick more goals.

4 goals aint enough Sestan. You need to kick more goals.
He needs to work on a few things Goody reckons, cop out, been at the club for 2 years, you cant tell me Tholstrup knows more about our system after 6 months here and thats why he got a game.

He needs to work on a few things Goody reckons, cop out, been at the club for 2 years, you cant tell me Tholstrup knows more about our system after 6 months here and thats why he got a game.
I suspect we have another Toby Bedford.

I suspect we have another Toby Bedford.
I wanted Sestan in this week too, but let's not pretend his VFL form has been consistently amazing (it's been good, just not unreal):

Round 2: 18 disposals, one goal
Round 3: 21 disposals, three goals
Round 5: 17 disposals, one goal
Round 6: 14 disposals, zero goals
Round 7: 13 disposals, zero goals
Round 8: 16 disposals, four goals

He'll get a game soon, but he's hardly a candidate to walk based on lack of opportunities, especially since his VFL season last year was fairly underwhelming.

I wanted Sestan in this week too, but let's not pretend his VFL form has been consistently amazing (it's been good, just not unreal):

He'll get a game soon, but he's hardly a candidate to walk based on lack of opportunities, especially since his VFL season last year was fairly underwhelming.
Seems he could do what Tom Sparrow does but better.

About 9:30 bloke asks max why our forward set ups s**t and max says we've spent all pre season working on it and probably overworked it and forgot contest and defence against WC.

heck I hate this team

How the **** do you spend an entire pre-season working on 6 idiots running back to the goal square??

That being said, poor Max. First we leave him hanging out as the only club representative to talk about our off-season issues and now he's got to take questions from pissed off talkback callers as to why we suck so much.

I'm sure that he would pass the ball to an opponent many many times less than Billings and/or Sparrow and/or Chandler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back