Preview Changes & Preview - Norfs vs Ports Round 11 Saturday May 25th @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason why Dixons replacement must be a tall. With Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades that's enough. Lord absolutely might be in, but it's reasonable to suggest that a small might take the spot.

Sweet for Dante is an absolute certainty after the weekend.

We do have 3 talls to play forward yes, but when the choice is between lord or evans, might as well go the young tall I reckon.

Also getting ruck backup minutes into lord will be a positive.

Can also understand if they want to give lord more time before bringing him back but we really need to give him more games to develop this year before Dixon goes.

It would be dumb to go into 2025 when we will need lord to step up without getting more games into lords development this year.

I see we’ve checked Dixon in for his monthly top up.

Season 2 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

Out - Dixon, Sinn, Burton, Visentini

In - Lord, Jones, Rozee, Sweet

If Lorenz dropped in, I would really love to see what he has but that is a lot of ins.

Resting Dixon is good business. I just hope the forward line doesn't lose itself in a black hole.

Last edited:

Any chance of Tom Scully?

No harm in giving him a taste when it’s only North.

I don't mind this idea. A few weeks ago I would have thought he's not ready but he impressed with his effort in the ruck v North against a very tall ruckman who has trained in an AFL system with Sydney. he contested hard all over the ground all day and won a fair bit of ball.

He could give the #1 ruck a chop out and play some reasonable time in the forward line alongside Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades. He's good at ground level too, so he is a threat when not marking.

I wouldn't expect him to set the world on fire (and he will frustrate too, he's that type of player) but it would be good experience.

Lord has had very little football (thanks for the bye sanfl) but will probably get the nod.

OUT-
Sinn
Visentini
Burton
Dixon

IN-
Rozee
Sweet
Jones
Lord or Scully?

Tom Scully might be worth a try in place of Dixon provided he can fit in up forward and help out in ruck. I will have to think on that one. It is either Scully or Lord to replace Dixon.

I am hoping that Burton gets the chop after last week's pathetic effort. I have some issues with Lachie Jones but at least he has a red hot go. Last week Ryan Burton was an onlooker and didn't want to get involved.

I like Lord because as a forward he creates easy goals for others and he is getting groomed as a 2nd ruck which is quite an important role in the modern game.

I am hoping the new goal kicking has worked it way through him because he's been off in that department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is basically unlosable, mostly because North are incapable of defending against any team's forward line this year due to the worst defensive unit I've ever seen.

It's just a weight of numbers thing, they simply can't hold up for a full game.

1716347284449.png

I'm pretty sure that might be the close to most Points Against ever recorded after 10 games.

Port by 64

Surely Burton is dropped this week.

Even Champion Data had Hardwick as the best rated player on the ground and 3rd rated player over all of Round 10 and Hardwick did most of that damage in one quarter.

You could see the Hawthorn players waiting to find Burton's direct opponent to kick to.

This game is basically unlosable, mostly because North are incapable of defending against any team's forward line this year due to the worst defensive unit I've ever seen.

It's just a weight of numbers thing, they simply can't hold up for a full game.

View attachment 1996712

I'm pretty sure that might be the close to most Points Against ever recorded after 10 games.

Port by 64
Average 119 point concession.
1716375229932.gif

McKenzie for Burton, makes our defence so much better, he knows how to actually defend & has a better kick. BZT should never have been sub, almost cost us the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McKenzie for Burton, makes our defence so much better, he knows how to actually defend & has a better kick. BZT should never have been sub, almost cost us the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
McKenzie hasn't played any footy for 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back