Preview Changes & Preview - Norfs vs Ports Round 11 Saturday May 25th @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fine for the same people to call for Jed and Burton’s head on here every week but I’m yet to hear of any decent replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon Tommy A could just about manage to replace 6 disposals and 0.2 goals a game if given the opportunity.

I reckon Tommy A could just about manage to replace 6 disposals and 0.2 goals a game if given the opportunity.
I’ve seen Tommy A play a few games at Alberton. He’s quick, looks skilful and has kicked nice goals. He has natural small forward instincts.

Why not play him. We’ve got nothing to lose.

I don't quite understand. Whatever his faults, you can't infer Dixon doesn't win one on ones. He has easily more contested possessions and contested marks per game than any other key forward in our side. Did last year too. Usually against more than one opponent.
Dixon loses far more 1v1’s than he wins these days. Which would be ok in isolation as an old warhorse playing a supporting role as the 3rd tall forward/2nd ruck. It’s a big problem when he is still our number 1 target.

Dixon loses far more 1v1’s than he wins these days. Which would be ok in isolation as an old warhorse playing a supporting role as the 3rd tall forward/2nd ruck. It’s a big problem when he is still our number 1 target.
I think his biggest problem this year is once he loses a one on one he’s a non event, he can’t chase at all.l so we are one down when it’s on the ground.

he’s moving worse than he did last year when he was injured.. I’d be giving him a month to 6 weeks off and have him ready for the back end of the season.

I don’t know what the answer is with Burton. I’m not sure who you replace him with but you just can’t let efforts like he’s been putting in for the last couple of years go.
The coaching staff has let it go. I’m resigned to think he’s not going to change but I want to see him under a new coach. I’ve seen him very occasionally go in vigorously but it’s all too rare. I think he’s got it in him somewhere.
He needs to hear from someone that he’s not living up to his potential because he doesn’t play the game as he needs to at Afl level.
Currently his ability to be uncompromising in his attack on the ball and opponent is nowhere near what it needs to be when you’re thinking of him being a part of a premiership defence.
I would make him the sub, with all his faults he would be ideal for different positions and it should make him more hungry (to play).

I think his biggest problem this year is once he loses a one on one he’s a non event, he can’t chase at all.l so we are one down when it’s on the ground.

he’s moving worse than he did last year when he was injured.. I’d be giving him a month to 6 weeks off and have him ready for the back end of the season.
The games turned last week after Dixon went on th ball where even if on one leg, he draws the best defender (or two).
Jed should watch how Rioli positions himself around Dixon.

dog s**t time but keen to watch the JHF show, he should try to take mark of the year, extract urine like we've never seen before
Id love to see JHF show Zurhaar the pill before jetting off away from him

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would make him the sub, with all his faults he would be ideal for different positions and it should make him more hungry (to play).
Not a bad shout - can play in many positions.

From the outside, it looks like he's either injured or unfit. Seems to really struggle on the chase. Being a sub won't help his fitness.

I know this is going to sound weird but keeping Burton in the team to me shows that we are not serious with new changes for the year and it almost puts a line through us as premiership threats.

You can't have a guy almost lose our team a game and keep him in the side.

Its bad football and bad for the psychology of the team.

Jed is a limited footballer but at least he tries. Burton is like the son of the boss who owns the company and is allowed to do what he wants which is usually using his privilege and not doing much.

For the rest of the year, Burton is going to be had by half decent coaches.
I was ropeable with Burton last week,

I watched the replay of the last qtr and he was actually defencesivly good, some of his efforts were actually crucial.

Does it make up for the first 3 quarters...probably not...

I know this is going to sound weird but keeping Burton in the team to me shows that we are not serious with new changes for the year and it almost puts a line through us as premiership threats.

You can't have a guy almost lose our team a game and keep him in the side.

Its bad football and bad for the psychology of the team.

Jed is a limited footballer but at least he tries. Burton is like the son of the boss who owns the company and is allowed to do what he wants which is usually using his privilege and not doing much.

For the rest of the year, Burton is going to be had by half decent coaches.
Yep, the 22 know they get a pay check next week regardless of their effort…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would literally take anyone else on the roster.

If you've seen these guys play recently you would know they are net negatives and the famous Simpsons inanimate carbon rod would be better.

In order to keep up with Jed, you need to score a goal every four games.
In order to keep up with Burton, you just don't have to allow your direct opponent to kick four goals on you in a quarter.

For Burton, you can grab a medium defender left on the list or better still swing Bergman back there and play a midfielder on the wing.

For Jed, you take Tommy A who has more skill in his right pinky than Jed. There have been a couple of goals that Tommy A has kicked in the SANFL that Jed could've even dream about.

It's not difficult and reminds me of the "who are we going to get to replace Hinkley then"? r words.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In the games he’s played has looked very slow.
Not sure if he has issues but has definitely dropped off since last year.
His confidence is down and he's not as instinctive as a consequence. The recruitment of Zerk-Thatcher and Ratugolea has also meant a necessity for more pace in the flankers to compensate for their relative lack of speed. He's probably aware of the coaches views in where he fits or rather doesn't fit within the defense.

His confidence is down and he's not as instinctive as a consequence. The recruitment of Zerk-Thatcher and Ratugolea has also meant a necessity for more pace in the flankers to compensate for their relative lack of speed. He's probably aware of the coaches views in where he fits or rather doesn't fit within the defense.

Rat would have to be our fastest player.

IMG_0253.JPG

Maybe start him up forward, that was his position originally.
Surely he could play Jed’s role and might even snag some goals.

Well firstly, Dixon rarely gets a 1v1. Secondly you are arguing against a player who is 4th highest contested mark grabber in the league. Third, his average per game is consistent with or better than his averages going right over his career with us. Fourth you are backing Lord from an extended layoff to come back and win more 1 on 1's.

You do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back