Preview Changes & Preview - Ports vs Carlton Round 12 Thursday May 30th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldo for Sweet
Dixon for Finlayson
Anasta for Rioli (If unavailable)
Burton or Evans sub
Something like this. I don’t think Finlayson can stay in given how uncompetitive he is as a forward since coming back. He’s rucking quite well and getting involved in the play through the middle of the ground, so we’ll miss that but he is a liability forward. He doesn’t bring the ball to ground, applies no defensive pressure to the opposition trying to rebound it and consistently plays from behind. He also doesn’t look like leading or taking a pack mark.

If Rioli is to miss, then we should see what Tommy A can do. The cupboard is otherwise bare. I still favour us using the mid season draft for the best goal kicking small-mid forward available. It’s the position we are most deficient in both in the short and long term. There has to be someone burning it up at VFL level in that role. I would not play Evans again, but Narkle could become valuable late in the year if his fitness and form improve.

Soldo vs Sweet, I’m ambivalent about. I don’t think either will beat DeKoning. Maybe Soldo is a bit more of an aerial competitor around the ground though.

Button out for the love of God
the curious case of benjamin button GIF

The memories of this game last year and Tom Jonas running round like an absolute flog trying to be physical and costing us goal after goal with his incompetence….good times.

Ports by 17pts.

He's an adequate back up. Certainly much better than what we've had in the past as plan B.
Better than what we've had as plan A the last couple of years tbh.

I’m heading into this game. Will be an interesting match up. Neither us or Carlton has been very consistent this season and we tend to play well against them at AO.

Looking forward to seeing Hornet let loose again.

The guys who would be feeling some heat based on injury and form would be Sweet, Burton, McEntee, Rioli.

I would love Anasta to come in for Rioli.
You would think Soldo and Dixon would be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a decent crowd for this one, 45k+ surely, close to 50 even, Carlton have a big following.

Yep it's going to be close to a sell out. Pretty sure already 45k+ seats had sold as of earlier this week.

Hurt an ankle in the first 5 minutes. They managed him for the rest of the game, hence he spent most of the game as a deep forward. Given he wasn't completely rested he's probably a good chance to be right by Thursday.
Keeps getting hurt in weird ways..both injuries caused by jumping awkwardly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back