Preview Changes & Preview - Ports vs Carlton Round 12 Thursday May 30th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly thank **** for the rain. Forget the footy, the state needs the rain. I hope it is a huge downpour. Will definitely mean a potential sell out crowd will be lucky to hit 40k, be kidding yourself to think otherwise.

On the footy though, it's clearly going to be a bit of a washout. It'll make Soldo playing extremely important and I almost feel like we would be more likely to sit Georgiadies and play Finlayson in such conditions, despite Finlaysons bad form. Unless we 2nd ruck Dixon which would seem stupid from a risk perspective.

This is a pretty crucial game for finding out where we are at. I hope we win, I hope we're good enough, but personally I don't feel like we'll be able to handle their pressure or their rebound off half back. Their tall forwards might be nullified by the weather, but Curnow will be a massive handful off the ground regardless. Midfield battle should be pretty even, depending upon Rozees availability and fitness. Losing our best goal sneak for a night in the wet is a big hit though, not sure how we're going to line up in the forward half to compensate for no Rioli or SPP. A group of DBJ, McEntee and Evans, isn't exactly inspiring. Maybe we play Drew and Wines more inside and leave Rozee forward?

Win and I'll start to consider we're a top 2 chance, but lose and we'll be back exactly in the mid pack position it feels like we deserve to be.

IN: Dixon, Soldo, Evans
OUT: Sweet, Georgiadies, Rioli

Last edited:
Keeps getting hurt in weird ways..both injuries caused by jumping awkwardly
The hammy was caused by a kick. The media never picked up on it, but if you watch about 30 seconds before he landed awkwardly, he is the one kicking the ball into the 50 and he pulls up immediately after the kick. The ball rebounds out of the 50 and he contests the mark, landing awkwardly (presumably due to awareness of his hammy) and then grabs it again.

As he talks to the physio/docs, he also shows a kicking motion to them which confirms what I said.

Finlayson has been pretty shit, could come out for Dixon if they're going to bring him in. For Rioli, I don't know. Not overly hyped about an Evans inclusion, not sure if Anastasopoulos is ready, perhaps Narkle?

Finlayson has been pretty shit, could come out for Dixon if they're going to bring him in. For Rioli, I don't know. Not overly hyped about an Evans inclusion, not sure if Anastasopoulos is ready, perhaps Narkle?
Or D Will if he remembers how to forward.

Matildas won't be happy with us either. They're playing the next night at Adelaide Oval.

i think this game will be won in the midfield, the expected rain on thursday night further confirms this.

they have a great midfield, good inside and out, but so do we.

Tagging
-Hewett will tag JHF around stoppages.

-Cincotta will play on the wing for carlton and tag butters after the centre bounce. a bit like what liam shiels did to butters and jhf. he held Noah anderson to low 20 touches last week

Other midfield Match ups
-Drew has been pushed out of the midfield a little bit when rozee came back, even though rozee spent the majoirty of the time forward. he will see a increase in midfield minutes if the coaches want him to play a defensive role on one of the carlton mids

-Wines i think goes head to head with cripps

-i dont think carlton put to much time into rozee as he is coming off of a injury and will play a decent amount of forward time

-Mead i think plays a 50/50 mid/fwd

Contested ball Domminace
- Carlton are the best contested ball team in the comp averageing 141 per game, in compariosn port are the 6th worst averaging 130

clearences
Carlton are once again the best team in the comp at winning centre clearence averaging 1.6 more per game, port are the 4th best team in centre clearences. however port are the 6th best stoppge clearance team compared to carlton who are the 9th best.

i think carlton will win the contested ball, but we will smash them in stoppage clearences, although carlton are the best centre clearence team in the comp port score the most goals from centre clearences.

i think we win the midfield battle.

Should win this especially at home,
we are better than they are

However have to factor in the hinkley in big games factor, the hinkley is on 360 and will no doubt say something stupid and ruin our prep and we will get stage fright on the big stage.. it’s scary

Port by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back