Preview Changes & Preview - Ports vs Carlton Round 12 Thursday May 30th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should win this especially at home,
we are better than they are

However have to factor in the hinkley in big games factor, the hinkley is on 360 and will no doubt say something stupid and ruin our prep and we will get stage fright on the big stage.. it’s scary

Port by 30

In theory, the wet weather should aid in Hinkleyball but it will all depend on selections. He will probably select our tallest, slowest list ever for this match.

No Willie Rioli for 2-3 weeks so after the bye.

Good game to debut Anastasopoulos.

Perfect game to debut Anastasopoulos. I maybe reading to much into it but I feel like there may have been a bit of a cloud over Rioli heading into the match over the weekend and that's why Anasta went as a travelling emergency. The club wouldn't dare admit something like that though after the Rozee debacle a few weeks back

Perfect game to debut Anastasopoulos. I maybe reading to much into it but I feel like there may have been a bit of a cloud over Rioli heading into the match over the weekend and that's why Anasta went as a travelling emergency. The club wouldn't dare admit something like that though after the Rozee debacle a few weeks back

I think they like rookies that are close to travel as an emergency regardless. Just to get them used to the routine.

He might have been putting pressure on McEntee this week had McEntee not put in a decent effort against North?

Should win this especially at home,
we are better than they are
Not sure there's much to base that on. They have 2 generational key forwards, probably an equal midfield especially if Rozee is out and their defence would be as solid as ours. And they absolutely smacked us last time we played. I mean maybe we're better, but they're riding the crest of a wave of momentum from a new coach, while we're playing mundane uninspired footy under a stale regime.

So it's hard from any angle to say we're better.

Not sure there's much to base that on. They have 2 generational key forwards, probably an equal midfield especially if Rozee is out and their defence would be as solid as ours. And they absolutely smacked us last time we played. I mean maybe we're better, but they're riding the crest of a wave of momentum from a new coach, while we're playing mundane uninspired footy under a stale regime.

Didn’t they just lose 4 from 6?

I reckon we have better talent across the board, their top end talent is elite as good as any but think across the board we are stronger.

As you say, and most of us do, we are held back by hinkley and a garbage game plan and an inability to perform on the big stage.

At home we should be beating these guys, away I’d be tipping Carlton.

It's going to be a stoppage game.

Carlton with Pinnonet out do not have a stoppage ruck.

De Koning useful around the ground will get destroyed at stoppages by Soldo.

Think the only game Carlton have won at Adelaide oval was against St Kilda. Their form here isn't good.

but they're riding the crest of a wave of momentum from a new coach, while we're playing mundane uninspired footy
Lol they play Hinkleyball and Voss was forced to the bench just like the donut.

A slow midfield booting it forward just like Wines-Boak- Rockliff.

They'll probably win but its going to be a godawful piss-slop. Nothing inspired about it.

As last week was the perfect game to Debut Lorenz…

Yet here we are, sitting third and another 2 hours of Leauge footy into Jed McIntee, Ryan Burton and Travis Boak. How this helps us in 2028 I have no idea but we are 3rd and Ken is outright leader of Games coached with a Grand Final appearance… Loser, Loser mentality…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet here we are, sitting third and another 2 hours of Leauge footy into Jed McIntee, Ryan Burton and Travis Boak. How this helps us in 2028 I have no idea but we are 3rd and Ken is outright leader of Games coached with a Grand Final appearance… Loser, Loser mentality…
FCUCKIN' PUMPED!!

Travis Boak was in our best 3 on the weekend, stop grouping him in with carbon rods.

Travis Boak was in our best 3 on the weekend, stop grouping him in with carbon rods.
I thought he was SENSATIONAL, but when playing the 19th best team in the comp what is one more game into Boak benefiting us? Let him rest a week and blood a kid, if we are good enough we can carry one.

I thought he was SENSATIONAL, but when playing the 19th best team in the comp what is one more game into Boak benefiting us? Let him rest a week and blood a kid, if we are good enough we can carry one.
Boak is fit right now, if anyone is dropped for Lorenz, it's Burton who isn't moving well at all.

If we are serious I wouldn't play Dixon until after the bye.
This also give Lord 2 more weeks to prove he is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back