Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante trains with Soldo and Sweet.

Port are quite aware of his capabilities and he showed preseason he can match it with them.
Meek isn't slaughtering him.
It's also exactly why it'd be silly to deviate from where they had been internally ranked on the back of beating up on the worst ruck in the league. Dante's SANFL form also hasn't been that great. Dante had a really good game and a couple sensational moments, but you don't throw out those months of preseason as you say on the back of it.

Sweet if back should be 1st ruck. I like Dante, I think we shouldn't have brought in both the rucks we did, and should be exposing him more, but that's all history now. He's number 3 in line and Sweet as number 2 needs to build connection with the mid group so he should be playing.

Dante is going to get slaughtered by Meek. Coaches reading too much into beating Geelongs completely non existent rucks.
Geez that's a bit pessimistic. Dante has earned another go at it this week and I'd be hugely surprised to see him get 'slaughtered'. To me he's the most promising ruck we've had in a long, long time. Some of the things he did last week were so rare to see in a ruckman. We have to invest games in to him

Geez that's a bit pessimistic. Dante has earned another go at it this week and I'd be hugely surprised to see him get 'slaughtered'. To me he's the most promising ruck we've had in a long, long time. Some of the things he did last week were so rare to see in a ruckman. We have to invest games in to him
These are the teams over the next two weeks to invest in also.

If Sweet is much better then he comes in against the blues

It's also exactly why it'd be silly to deviate from where they had been internally ranked on the back of beating up on the worst ruck in the league. Dante's SANFL form also hasn't been that great. Dante had a really good game and a couple sensational moments, but you don't throw out those months of preseason as you say on the back of it.

Sweet if back should be 1st ruck. I like Dante, I think we shouldn't have brought in both the rucks we did, and should be exposing him more, but that's all history now. He's number 3 in line and Sweet as number 2 needs to build connection with the mid group so he should be playing.

Dantes connection with the midfield was superior to both Sweet and Soldo watching the 1st quarter of last week's game.

The reason Dante isn't our 1st Ruck at present is physical development. He was 3 years younger than the next youngest Ruck at afl level last week and about 5 years younger than the overall average age.

Nobody is suggesting Dante rucks for the rest of the year it would wreck him physically but for a block of a few weeks he's got Sweet covered on talent.

Dantes connection with the midfield was superior to both Sweet and Soldo watching the 1st quarter of last week's game.

The reason Dante isn't our 1st Ruck at present is physical development. He was 3 years younger than the next youngest Ruck at afl level last week and about 5 years younger than the overall average age.

Nobody is suggesting Dante rucks for the rest of the year it would wreck him physically but for a block of a few weeks he's got Sweet covered on talent.
Sweet looked just as good in his first quarter Vs Collingwood. Except he was up against a couple very good ruckmen.

Dante has Sweet covered on 'potential', not current ability.

I agree

We need to get better at managing players rather than treating them like greyhounds

Sweet looked just as good in his first quarter Vs Collingwood. Except he was up against a couple very good ruckmen.

Dante has Sweet covered on 'potential', not current ability.

Preseason Dante had Sweet covered on talent now not " potential." The only question about Dante is whether he does too much too soon.

This week and next week would be about right.

Preseason Dante had Sweet covered on talent now not " potential." The only question about Dante is whether he does too much too soon.

This week and next week would be about right.
Don't really recall Visentini doing much in pre-season.

Remember being impressed with Sweet in the North Adelaide trial, then they took him off at half time and Visentini got killed in the 2nd half.

I'd go as far as saying Scully's game in the ruck last weekend was better than any SANFL game Visentini had this season.

I will give credit to Visentini though for his game vs Geelong, his best game at any level this season IMO.

Again, because he was playing against the Geelong spud rucks. Every half competent ruck looks great against them. Sweet is definitely the better ruck and should be playing. Dante has a lot of potential, but he is not there yet.

You would think Visentini, Sinn and Evans are back out the side for Sweet, Burgoyne and Rozee looks about right.

I am looking forward to seeing:

Will Rioli keeping up his hot form
How we defend against their small forwards
How Jackson will play with a reduced role

With this one ,there is not too much to look forward to.
I only really watch our games but the Hawks team doesn't seem to have too many out and out stars on their team.
We should play well enough and win.

Keen to see the Wizard play and see what he can do.

If Mitchell has any brains, he will play a contested gameplan from the first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's honestly just a good situation to be in knowing that we have 3 capable ruckmen. 2 experienced, and 1 up and coming. Been a while since we've had this sort of depth in the position.

We’ll have a regular flat track bully win that leaves us absolutely none the wiser as to our credentials to compete for a premiership, but inflates our overall record to 7-3 which on the surface looks good, but is actually slightly misleading with six of those wins against 2023 non-finalists.
I personally hope we flat track the hell out of them, we need the win and percentage will be an added bonus. Not sure what more we can do, you can't change the fixture and we will get tougher games ahead so it is very important to bank these wins. I think we all know by now that it is all about qualifying for finals as high up the ladder as possible but the real test of our credentials will come in september but i will still enjoy the wins along the way.

Again, because he was playing against the Geelong spud rucks. Every half competent ruck looks great against them. Sweet is definitely the better ruck and should be playing. Dante has a lot of potential, but he is not there yet.

The coaches ask Butters/Rozee and Jason who they want.

on one hand i see why people think we should be ultra conservative with Rozee given how playing him against the crows backfired. But on the other hand i don't think we should be taking Hawthorn lightly, we have to win these next two games and i see no point resting Rozee if he is good to go.

Let's not forget this hamstring issue was so minor they were training him at full intensity and ruled him fit to play the showdown after only 3 or 4 days. And now that it has been over the standard 3 weeks for a low grade hamstring strain i feel like he should be good to go.

Surely this means Rozee isn't playing if they're still not sure.

Odd he's even been named. I thought he'd be out a few more weeks and then we'd hear something like 'he could have played last week, but we wanted to give an extra week' to over correct for playing him injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back