Preview Changes - round 4 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I think alot of us share this sentiment. This is why Hurn (and even Waters) out is such a massive loss. It's not just his elite kicking, it's the ability to rotate. I would advocate for Butler to come into his usual role, and release Yeo to the middle and give him that exact instruction.

Yeo is tall, fast, strong and more importantly he is a physically aggressive player. He likes the contact, he tries to hurt guys in the tackle and he is also aggressive offensively with ball in hand. Our aim should be to develop him in the middle as an inside and outside mid. He has the attributes, and we need another player in there who is explosive. Atm it's really Shuey and Wellingham.

If we had two explosive playmakers who win inside ball and attack outside, Shuey and Yeo, coupled with a defensive mid who also hurts the oppenent and shuts them down (Scooter) and an elite runner who will run themselves and their opponent into the ground (Masten) our midfield mix improves. Throw in Sheed and Hutchings, and Wellers and other players who can rotate and it becomes a better mix.

Love what Yeo does in the back half, but i think he would add more value for us if we can develop him into a midfielder.

Great post, would read again.

Hi all, Long time reader of this Forum and have now decided to join the ranks and contribute my thoughts.

OUT: LeCras (INJ), Masto (INJ), Shuey (SUSP), Sinclair
IN: Hutchings, Sheed, Wellingham, Hill

Don't really like Josh HIll in the team but with Lecca out I'd say he will get his shot. Sinclair in the side is making us too top heavy which could easily be exploited, IMO he just isn't doing enough up forward to justify selection. Would love to see Sheed play a full game and I was quite impressed with Hutchings last season so would love to see if he can back that up (has he recovered from his back injury yet?)

the MSN seven day forecast has rain/showers across every day, with only relief "possible shower" on tuesday

zero mention of sun

You're right. BOM has mention of showers.

weather.com.au (which I find to be the most accurate) has 0% chance of rain for the weekend. Although as most sites are predicting rain including BOM it's probably not a trustworthy forecast in this case.

I still support going much smaller as a team, even if it doesn't rain.

Hi all, Long time reader of this Forum and have now decided to join the ranks and contribute my thoughts.

Don't really like Josh HIll in the team but with Lecca out I'd say he will get his shot. Sinclair in the side is making us too top heavy which could easily be exploited, IMO he just isn't doing enough up forward to justify selection. Would love to see Sheed play a full game and I was quite impressed with Hutchings last season so would love to see if he can back that up (has he recovered from his back injury yet?)

Welcome :thumbsu:

Hutchings played for East Perth last week, so not injured but potentially short of match practice, I'd like him to come in.

I like your changes, who would you have as sub?

Welcome :thumbsu:

Hutchings played for East Perth last week, so not injured but potentially short of match practice, I'd like him to come in.

I like your changes, who would you have as sub?

Good question, I'd say probably just stick with Schofield as sub purely because he could come on and provide a bit of run if needed

One of us..one of us..one of us..

Hill, Welly and Sheed a pretty much locks to come in. 2 mids and a forward so you would have to say the 4th in, if there is one, will be between Hutch and Butler.

Hutch is pretty much a pure mid while Butler can be a def/mid. Simmo likes versatility so that may tip the scales in Butlers favour.

But hey who know's? not me I've been wrong the last couple of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preferred ins and outs...

OUT: Lecras, Masten, Colledge, Shuey
IN: Hill, Wellingham, Butler, Sheed

Why Butler: because that could free up Ellis to play in the middle. We need some experience and class in the engine room against Geelong.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it interesting the cats seem to have been going with a similar "tall" structure to us. But I don't remember hearing anywhere discussing them being "too tall". Probably because they can afford it due to their runners being so good.

They have:
Three rucks with McIntosh, Simpson and Blicavs
Two key forwards with Hawkins + Mitch Brown
Three key defenders with Rivers, Lonergan and Talyor

Without watching any of their games, Brown and Blicavs don't seem to have been particularly effective this year with minimal stats. Therefore, I'm hoping they continue with this structure.

I prefer our key position players to those mentioned above but their mids are a long way ahead of ours.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it interesting the cats seem to have been going with a similar "tall" structure to us. But I don't remember hearing anywhere discussing them being "too tall". Probably because they can afford it due to their runners being so good.

They have:
Three rucks with McIntosh, Simpson and Blicavs
Two key forwards with Hawkins + Mitch Brown
Three key defenders with Rivers, Lonergan and Talyor

Without watching any of their games, Brown and Blicavs don't seem to have been particularly effective this year with minimal stats. Therefore, I'm hoping they continue with this structure.

I prefer our key position players to those mentioned above but their mids are a long way ahead of ours.

That's a good point - although they've often being subbing rucks in and out, which makes them a bit shorter (and also explains some stats).

R1 - Blicavs for Simpson
R2 - Blicavs for Brown
R3 - Blicavs for Enright (injury)

That's a good point - although they've often being subbing rucks in and out, which makes them a bit shorter (and also explains some stats).

R1 - Blicavs for Simpson
R2 - Blicavs for Brown
R3 - Blicavs for Enright (injury)

Thats interesting because Blicavs is a major athlete so its not because he cant run out games that they're subbing him.

Adversity equals opportunity. I like that heading of an article on west coast website. I hope Butler gets a chance in another position this week. Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in Cripps role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Butler would be used in Cripps role, he doesn't have the same pace. He was drafted as a midfielder, classical centreman, very promising in our premiership years as a young player and then crippled by injuries. He can play middle I think, quite comfortably.

If not I'd be happy to see him relieve someone else in the back line.

much rather see tunners instead of hill if it's wet. he was very impressive before having his nose broken. if he's played predominantly forward a lack of match fitness shouldn't be too big of an issue. as long as he's been in good touch at training I'd like to see him have a run.

Weather is now forecast to be sunny from Friday through Sunday.
up to 45mm of rain tomorrow, and rain up until next Wedesday. Sat night will be extremely wet and it won't stop. If anybody is planning on making the trek make sure you're not undercover.....your beer will always remain full.

up to 45mm of rain tomorrow, and rain up until next Wedesday. Sat night will be extremely wet and it won't stop. If anybody is planning on making the trek make sure you're not undercover.....your beer will always remain full.

Wouldn't you want to make sure you are undercover?

Your beer will be positively homeopathic by the end of the match...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back