Changes v Dogs round 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce - but i doubt he'll be ready until round 4 or 5 - does he then come back thru VFL? Fages, fairly to, is reluctant for the top liners to return there.

It's just one game but Joyce appears to have pace, good disposal which gives him an edge compared to Dizzy. I hope we continue playing Joyce and explore this further. Gives time for Gardiner to fully get his body right in reserves.

Just my personal take but I wouldn't be taking next week easily at all.

I'm more worried about next week than this week.

Despite how crap the Dogs look tonight.

Yeah but we have more inside knowledge now with Dunkley in our ranks. Coaching group should take full advantage and go to school in planning side.

I reckon Dogs will come out breathing fire now that they are 0-2 - we'll have to weather storm early i think and then we'll pounce
On a side note, it was great seeing Darcy G training with the boys last week - was watiching the vids from during the week and he was running around, so hopefully he's not to are away.

Footscray were horrendous last night. Probably would have had 16 of the bottom 22 ranked players on the ground. If this week was at the GABBA we’d be $1.20.

And suddenly we are tight for spots again. Ha!

I really like Joyce. Seems relatively mobile but also a good size. Seemed to allow Harris and Payne to intercept more. Joyce should be allowed to keep his spot on merit. But tipping they will bring Gardiner in once fit.

I like the idea of Lohman but only if he is all about manic pressure. Suspect he would be going for a few speccies! Cameron’s pressure was good. Sadly it’s a week to week proposition.

I don’t see any need for changes especially given the dogs will be tallish - worth noting no Lobb and they subbed off Darcy. 2 rucks seems to work for us. Happy to say i was wrong re team balance and height on friday. First time for everything ;)

if a player is 50/50 i hope we rest and rotate. Not the time for 3-4 but it’s a big first month with a short break.

Doesn’t seem like anyone banging the door down - Answerth and lyons seemed ordinary. Lohman ditto. Ah Chee just getting back in to it so give him another week. Maybe Prior the closest so he and Dev should be next back in.

If Bailey is injured, I would like to see Ah Chee come in if he is 100% ready to go. Would like to see a more defensive minded player in the wing/ half forward mix. When Bailey returns I can see him holding his spot.

With Berry it has to be Dev imho. Play the guy on the ball and give him a run of games to see if he can become what many of us hope he can (a tough, hard running, combative mid). Would love to see Rayner in there as well, but he seems set for half back and it would be harsh to throw him in there after not preparing for that role.
Ah Chee is a frustrating player who has the weapons but doesn’t get the ball

If everybody is fit and healthy the same team in for me.

For anyone who watched the VFL game yesterday. Did Dev get any game time in that game?
I watched part of it and didn't spot him which would be crazy because he really didn't get any time in the AFL either. Pretty sure we could have gotten rid of a topup to get Dev playing. That or he was just unsighted

W/o knowing who is out for the Dogs i did see an article on Fox or AFL that said Trelor and Lobb have already been ruled out for next week - I dont follow Dogs closely so dont know if they played last week or not - maybe Shack will get a game against us next week.
Now on Melbourne's lost i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only change I would look at is maybe Coleman in for Rich. Rich is not around forever so give kiddy the responsibility to play that role. Might even do it better. Provided he’s good to go of course. Then bring Rich back for pies game. Otherwise same team is fine.

I watched part of it and didn't spot him which would be crazy because he really didn't get any time in the AFL either. Pretty sure we could have gotten rid of a topup to get Dev playing. That or he was just unsighted
I would imagine because of another 6 day turn around they have kept him out so he didn’t have 5 days

5 day break before Thursdays game
I would imagine because of another 6 day turn around they have kept him out so he didn’t have 5 days
I get that would definitly be a consideration, however had very little game time which would mean he wouldn't have played a game of footy for 2 weekends. Not terribly important, however could have played a half to get a bit of ball.

I get that would definitly be a consideration, however had very little game time which would mean he wouldn't have played a game of footy for 2 weekends. Not terribly important, however could have played a half to get a bit of ball.
I agree, I would assume it is in the possibility that Bez doesn’t get up.

Same team for me unless there's an injury. Joyce did and showed enough to earn another game. Worked well with Payne and Andrews.

We played the extra ruck to match Gawn and Grundy but when Gawn went down it quickly became an advantage. The mids n smalls had to work hard to make it an advantage and they did. Happy to keep the 2 ruck n 3 tall fwds structure for this game.

About McCarthy, stats from Fridays game had him second only to Dunkley in pressure acts and his 4 tackles. He's doing a lot people don't see. I suggest Hippy is doing the same, providing blocks, false leads, etc.

I'd like to give Kiddy another week. No need to rush, happy to be cautious with head knocks.

Gotta give the team that played so well for 3.5qtrs another start. Without the lights going out we're coming home strong, Melb were knackered in the heat n humidity, would of put 3 or 4 more goals on them. Stick with the winning team.

I think we had the mix right, Neale, Dunkley n Berry are the A team mids, Clugg n Ashcroft rotated thru well. Bailey provided some zip at stoppages. The three tall defenders worked well. The smaller defenders were more settled and better. The fwds were productive.

Only changes I'm making and only thru injuries, are
  • if Berry's shoulder is more than a stinger I'd give Dev the shot at inside mid. He deserves a crack at his preferred role. I thought that on Friday night, when Berry went off in that Iast 12mins, Devs fresh legs would have been more use inside than on the wing. It may have made a difference.
  • if Bailey's hamstring is sore, maybe Kiddy only if his head is 100%. I don't know otherwise. Tunstill or Prior I think alter the balance, has Lohmann been playing well enough to reward. I'd be happy to see Ah Chee come in. He feels more complementary.

I think Fort will give way for Kiddy. Dogs play one ruck.....and Kiddy's kick is a massive weapon for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back