Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hard to take too much away from last night given the standard of the opposition, but could we see Eric miss a week for the tackle? He was poor again last night anyway, in a game with little pressure and in which we dominated so I wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan in especially against his old mob.

Sounds like Bailey could be back next week too. All the young guys have shown a bit since coming in so it would be hard to leave one of them out. Possibly Bruce or Morris would be looking for a rest soon, although with the bye the following week they’ll get it then. Harry was ok but his disposal is still hit and miss so maybe he misses with Zac coming back.

After the bye when a few more players get back, competition for spots gets a bit tight which is a good sign.

Edit. I would also like Brain to get a full game in. I wonder if we should use the opportunity to give a 35yo Zorko a 2 week break mid year, which hopefully sees him through for the back half.

Last edited:
Hard to take too much away from last night given the standard of the opposition, but could we see Eric miss a week for the tackle? He was poor again last night anyway, in a game with little pressure and in which we dominated so I wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan in especially against his old mob.

Sounds like Bailey could be back next week too. All the young guys have shown a bit since coming in so it would be hard to leave one of them out. Possibly Bruce or Morris would be looking for a rest soon, although with the bye the following week they’ll get it done. Harry was ok but his disposal is still hit and miss so maybe he misses with Zac coming back.

After the bye when a few more players get back, competition for spots gets a bit tight which is a good sign.

Edit. I would also like Brain to get a full game in. I wonder if we should use the opportunity to give a 35yo Zorko a 2 week break mid year, which hopefully sees him through for the back half.
I'm all for that because he's now a very important player.

But I'm reasonably sure Zorks will have other ideas.

I have a feeling Hipwood will miss. Nothing too major but quite a rotation with the head hitting quite solidly.

It's a shame he missed that second identical kick. I thought with the first one he had free reign to just go for it, but lost it completely on the repeat :(

Was Bags alright? Haven't seen much of him and Fages mentioned no injuries in his presser.

About Time GIF

I agree with this, Ryan would be a fine replacement.

Zac Bailey the only one that is scheduled to be available although if there is even a scintilla of doubt he is not 100% I'd give him a rest until after the bye. IMO Shadeau should be given the opportunity of a full game.

Outs- Bruce Reville, Harry Sharp(very unlucky).

Ins- Shadeau Brain, Zac Bailey.

Sub- Bruce Reville.

Other options as an out could be Hipwood(suspension?) or Logan Morris(managed).

Because of our ladder position no one will be managed next week in my opinion.

If Bailey is available after missing 5 games i would like to see him return via the VFL with game time managed.
Then he has the bye to work through any soreness and be ready for the Dogs.
Lots of footy still to play out with 12 games remaining after the bye.
Someone will have to make way for Bailey be it next week or the Dogs game.

Berry pretty much doing Baileys role so it will be hard to move him back to the wing.
If i had to choose out of Sharp or Reville who misses out i would go Sharp

Because of our ladder position no one will be managed next week in my opinion.

If Bailey is available after missing 5 games i would like to see him return via the VFL with game time managed.
Then he has the bye to work through any soreness and be ready for the Dogs.
Lots of footy still to play out with 12 games remaining after the bye.
Someone will have to make way for Bailey be it next week or the Dogs game.

Berry pretty much doing Baileys role so it will be hard to move him back to the wing.
If i had to choose out of Sharp or Reville who misses out i would go Sharp
Yep, no way you could move Jarrod Berry from the role he has been playing the last month or so, he has been very good.

On another note I just finished watching the game again and gee Harry Sharp and Callum Ah Chee did a mountain of running up and down the ground, both continually popped up helping out in the D50.

Zac Bailey the only one that is scheduled to be available although if there is even a scintilla of doubt he is not 100% I'd give him a rest until after the bye. IMO Shadeau should be given the opportunity of a full game.

Outs- Bruce Reville, Harry Sharp(very unlucky).

Ins- Shadeau Brain, Zac Bailey.

Sub- Bruce Reville.

Other options as an out could be Hipwood(suspension?) or Logan Morris(managed).

I love your consistent committment to predicting at minimum 2 outs even after a 100+ point win.

If Bailey is fit I'd bring him in for Brain and move bruce to sub. Sharp's best game for us and should stay in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks will be no pushovers next Sunday if the game v Port is any indication.

Hopefully today is their grand final.
Hopefully the rain comes and Port fight back in the 2nd half turning it into a tough slog.

Even so we should be heading to Marvel with more run in our legs. We have an 8-day break with an effective training run Saturday vs Hawthorn 7-days and travel.

Hawthorn are playing some good football this season, but if we’re any kind of side we should account for them.

John Ralph basically petitioning for Hipwood to cop a week (maybe he’s right) but it’s the arrogant way he goes about highlighting these incidents and talking up Michael Christian has no other choice yada yada ywt you know if it was a player from say a Collingwood he’d be downplay it.
I’m a bit over football media calling for incidents to be looked at. Bring back the old days when it wasn’t allowed to replay an incident if the player had been booked.
(Of course this would mean the MRO would need to review incidents during or after each game, but surely that’s not too hard to achieve!).

Midfield needs to be switched on from the beginning. They are winning contested ball in the middle and just run and spread hard. Lloyd Meek is clearly holding an edge over the weak Port rucks, as well as Worpel/Newcombe/Day try to scrape for contested ball in traffic and release it successfully.

Also in kick-ins, they seem to prefer targeting a spot just outside D50 to the right side of center square. Looks like a set play, Hawks players seem to lead there, run back and then always leave a hole in that place. Then whenever the next player starts running towards that spot, kick-in player hit him up effectively clearing 60m.

Sounds like Bailey could be back next week too. All the young guys have shown a bit since coming in so it would be hard to leave one of them out. Possibly Bruce or Morris would be looking for a rest soon, although with the bye the following week they’ll get it then. Harry was ok but his disposal is still hit and miss so maybe he misses with Zac coming back.

I thought in Fagan's press conference he said, you're right Bailey would be fit, but with as bye the game the Hawks, they might hold him back, possibly a reserves game in between. Same with Starc.

Looks like we'll be wasting our time at the tribunal again

Christian is a joke
Agreed; we’d be wasting our time appealing. I find these suspensions ridiculous when the umps interpreted it differently in that Hipwood got the free.

I hope we play Cam as a tall.

Will be interesting if we bring in Fort / Ryan or whether we re-jig last nights squad if we only bring in Zac.

It's at Marvel anyway. Probably the one place we don't really need his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back