Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Aish is not cleared to play you have to give Apples a go.

I noticed some ice on Jamie’s upper hammy. Hopefully he’s fit but might be worth resting just in case. If so, give the best performed a game from the twos...maybe even Greenwood to monster Merrett

Maybe so.
So why did Aish wear a helmet last year after suffering three concussions?
The club and its doctors thought there was value in it.
Wasn’t that more related to the fractured cheek bone (or eye socket?) more than the concussion aspect?

I think if Aish is not cleared to play you have to give Apples a go.

I noticed some ice on Jamie’s upper hammy. Hopefully he’s fit but might be worth resting just in case. If so, give the best performed a game from the twos...maybe even Greenwood to monster Merrett

What about Quynaor?

Thoughts on Dons camp- Would Daniher play again on Anzac Day after playing tonight? Would Zaharakis be in danger of missing Anzac Day now too?

I can’t see Aish playing, they’re very cautious with concussions as they should be

I agree. I reckon we've got the depth to be pretty cautious this year, plus it has the added advantage of getting some games and development into our depth and youth, having them more likely to get the job done if they are called upon later in the year or in the future. I think we've only played 24 guys so far this year.

Varcoe nearly best on against the Dogs, a chorus of “that’s why he should never be dropped again” begins. He has a down match against the Lions and suddenly he is in the gun again.

Varcoe brings something to the side that nobody else brings - it is about balance, and it’s not something we should jeopardise just because he couldn’t get near it when our marking forwards were so dominant that he never got a chance to shark the packs!

Also, how was Thomas “putrid” with 18 and 2 goals? He was far from a star, but he played his role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t that more related to the fractured cheek bone (or eye socket?) more than the concussion aspect?
Just going on the coverage last night, so not sure.
But I feel anything that might help is worth a go. Because he should have a long happy life after footy. And we’ve seen overseas that concussion can have a devastating on that prospect.

Varcoe nearly best on against the Dogs, a chorus of “that’s why he should never be dropped again” begins. He has a down match against the Lions and suddenly he is in the gun again.

Varcoe brings something to the side that nobody else brings - it is about balance, and it’s not something we should jeopardise just because he couldn’t get near it when our marking forwards were so dominant that he never got a chance to shark the packs!

Also, how was Thomas “putrid” with 18 and 2 goals? He was far from a star, but he played his role.
Gifted a goal by the umps.
18 touches most not effective. Bought nothing to the team in reality. Watch the replay, watch his positioning and skills.
Surely we have better pushing up.

Varcoe brings something to the side that nobody else brings
He brings passion every single time he is near the ball. Makes amends by running down the opposition when he makes a mistake. Brings that all-round great footballer attitude and spirit.

Id like Varcoe as an option on their small forwards. He stays.

young guys like stepho, WHE (2018) and de goey seem to really feed off varcoe, he always looks at a way of getting them involved while sacrificing his own stat sheet.

varcoe is a real positive for the team.
He also plays a real leadrship role. Many a time I have seen him bring the group together and give some advice which given that runners are only on the ground after a goal is a real positive.

Tipungwuti is a worry. Cannot let him get off the hook, especially on a day like ANZAC Day. Maynard is probably the best chance!
Only other is Varcoe. Couldn’t see anyone else being able to go with him speed and body wise. Other defenders not the type to take him. Even if has good game on weekend, think Quaynor too raw to take Tipungwuti.

First off everyone, I come in peace! I know I've had a few sparring matches with some of you, but I love this week.
Thoughts on Dons camp- Would Daniher play again on Anzac Day after playing tonight? Would Zaharakis be in danger of missing Anzac Day now too?
Yes and no. We're expecting two changes from tonight, Zaharakis and Smith in for Ham and (hopefully) Baguley.

I can’t see Aish playing, they’re very cautious with concussions as they should be
^This. Any player who’s taken off and doesn’t return to the field because of concussion, never plays the next week. They don’t really even consider it anymore.
Depending on what happens in the VFL this week, it will be:
Out - Aish
In - Appleby/Quaynor

Quaynor will have to have a break out game to overtake Apples at this point though.

Unlikely scenario - Sier completely dominates on Saturday. Then it’s:
Out - Aish
In - Sier

Varcoe stays at half back where he played when Aish went down, and Beams/Treloar/Adams rotate between midfield and half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back