Fixture Changes vs Richmond round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t make too many changes , but it great if McComb comes in for Bontinpelly

Robbie McComb has shown flashes when he’s come on as sub and he could play a run with role on Dusty Martin.

The Bont makes occasional errors and his off field leadership has been poor with his tattoos and that . I’ve heard he’s been drinking too much Woodstock and cola, going off on rants about Daniel Andrew’s and riding his dirt bike through the shopping centre car park again.

The club needs to set a message . Arthur Jones would be a good captain for the week as he shows initiative & enthusiasm .

But he’d be a great sub to bring on when we’re 6 goals down could change the game.

I wouldn’t make too many changes , but it great if McComb comes in for Bontinpelly

Robbie McComb has shown flashes when he’s come on as sub and he could play a run with role on Dusty Martin.

The Bont makes occasional errors and his off field leadership has been poor with his tattoos and that . I’ve heard he’s been drinking too much Woodstock and cola, going off on rants about Daniel Andrew’s and riding his dirt bike through the shopping centre car park again.

The club needs to set a message . Arthur Jones would be a good captain for the week as he shows initiative & enthusiasm .

But he’d be a great sub to bring on when we’re 6 goals down could change the game.
I woke up blind this morning as well, play on…

Pending any injuries I think we’ll go in unchanged, no one from the VFL is knocking the door down.

Duryea could come back in but there’s no obvious out for the defence and Tigers played 3 tall forwards last night. I’d give Garcia another run.

Depending on how Lobb pulls up I'd consider bringing in Darcy. I don't think he's ready but we need someone in that spot I think.

Richmond get back Short, Martin and Hopper..

Maybe Tarrant

That'd be right
We get them coming off a loss too, so it should give us a fair idea where we are at. Not expecting a win but one can always hope.

Funny ... we played a badly depleted Melbourne and StKilda and got smashed. Then we played Brisbane who were close to full strength and beat them. Go figure.

We get them coming off a loss too, so it should give us a fair idea where we are at. Not expecting a win but one can always hope.

Funny ... we played a badly depleted Melbourne and StKilda and got smashed. Then we played Brisbane who were close to full strength and beat them. Go figure.
All mindset

How far away is Gardy? It would be good to have his athleticism in defence. We are yet to see him, Jones and Keath play together yet, I am looking forward to it.
He played VFL but was fairly ordinary IMO. In saying that, he’s never going to stand out at the level and will be better for the run.

Bruce was okay so I don’t expect them to make a change to the 3 KPD structure for next week.

I'd be happy if we go unchanged.

Garcia had a stinker and was very undisciplined, definitely a chance to be replaced. But I thought he was good against the Saints and would like him to get another chance. In general, I don't like when young players are in and out after one bad game, especially when they play a tough position like small forward.

Thought the defense played well and wouldn't be changing it and the midfield mix seemed to work. In all seriousness, thought McComb was good when he came on but don't think its enough to get in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gardner shouldn't be an automatic in (but Bevo loves him so he probably will be).

I would have dropped Keath before this week's game but he was good. If him, Bruce & Jones can keep building synergy hopefully this could turn into a real intercepting asset if the pressure up the field is maintained.

Garcia did some dumb s**t but I like the way he goes about it - if he repeats the undisciplined stuff again perhaps a stint in the VFL. Gets another chance for mine.

If Lobb is injured straight swap for Darcy.

If Lobbe is injured Gardner in and Bruce forward. Duryea in Garcia to miss and think about being a disciplined footballer.

100% this. 9 day break for Lobb but if he’s not fit, he needs to be 100% before coming in again.

I’d make Khamis sub in place of McComb as well.

Gardner shouldn't be an automatic in (but Bevo loves him so he probably will be).

I would have dropped Keath before this week's game but he was good. If him, Bruce & Jones can keep building synergy hopefully this could turn into a real intercepting asset if the pressure up the field is maintained.

Garcia did some dumb s**t but I like the way he goes about it - if he repeats the undisciplined stuff again perhaps a stint in the VFL. Gets another chance for mine.

If Lobb is injured straight swap for Darcy.
I’d be tempted to to Buku rather than Darcy for Lobb if he’s no good. If not then Buku as the sub please.

Unchanged if everyone comes up. If Lobb doesn't come up, Darcy to come in, don't want to mess developing synergies. McLean to replace McComb as sub

I'm quite certain Richmond will smack us. I think we have only beaten them once in the last five years. Their gameplan seems to counter ours very effectively and our mids always get dominated by the likes of Jack Graham

Richmond are 2 goal+ favourites atm. I don’t like our start but theirs hasn’t been much better.

That said they do seem to own us since that game that Naughton looked like Carey a few years back. If we don’t have better connection between mids and forwards we’ll struggle to kick more than 10 goals against that defense and that’s not going to be enough.

Why are we throwing in rhe towel already? Dogs might have had a rough start but this week's win could kick start something.

Richmond is meh .. their older players are starting to drop off

I’d be tempted to to Buku rather than Darcy for Lobb if he’s no good. If not then Buku as the sub please.

If the perceived problem with Buku is his endurance, this would be mitigated by playing him as the sub. He wouldn't mess with the rotations if he came on fresh after halftime.

He hasn't played a bad game at senior level, he can play at both ends and supplies a point of difference with his marking ability. Surely you'd want the sub to be a player who can change the game. With McComb coming on we get another footsoldier doing the same old same old.

If the perceived problem with Buku is his endurance, this would be mitigated by playing him as the sub. He wouldn't mess with the rotations if he came on fresh after halftime.

He hasn't played a bad game at senior level, he can play at both ends and supplies a point of difference with his marking ability. Surely you'd want the sub to be a player who can change the game. With McComb coming on we get another footsoldier doing the same old same old.
Crozier only did 62% ToG which Buku could easily manage. We got 297% aggregate ToG from our 3 KPDs which allows more time for others on the line.

Why are we throwing in rhe towel already? Dogs might have had a rough start but this week's win could kick start something.

Richmond is meh .. their older players are starting to drop off

I’m not throwing in the towel, but it’s not like we were great on Thursday and Brisbane looked poor (particularly their KPFs). Richmond will look at our form and be pretty confident they’ll knock us off at the G.

Would have it as slightly in Richmond’s favour, but we’ve got a decent chance. Port and Freo don’t look particularly good either so the next month might not be as daunting as it looked.

I’m not throwing in the towel, but it’s not like we were great on Thursday and Brisbane looked poor (particularly their KPFs). Richmond will look at our form and be pretty confident they’ll knock us off at the G.

Would have it as slightly in Richmond’s favour, but we’ve got a decent chance. Port and Freo don’t look particularly good either so the next month might not be as daunting as it looked.
Of course they'll think that.

What was good was the endeavour, pressure and willing themselves over the line on Thursday.

Not the skills ... if they keep up those areas the rest will come.

Just look at JUH's effort and Naughtons mark at the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back