Preview Changes vs Saints May 4th 4:35 at Docklands [out: Stephens/Laz/WiPhi/Biggie / In: Sleevo/Pink/Arch/Shiels]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A statement needs to be made and there is no better way than to drop your captain to the VFL.

Out: Corr, McDonald, Biggie, Stephens, Phillips

In: K.Dawson, Bergman, Archer, Ford & Maley.

B: Archer, Comben, Bergman
HB: Hardeman, Dawson, Sheezel
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Drury, Maley, Duursma
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Powell
Int: Ford, Lazz, Simpkin, Tucker
Sub: Fisher
Emg: Greenwood, Phillips
No need for me to post! this is it! if 2 of those players arnt dropped this week im not watching! actually dont think ill watch another game till Stephens is gone

Tell ya what, I give McDonald another week just because he's the only campaigner at the club who has said the truth to the fans, that we need to take a good hard look at ourselves and just get better, because enough is enough.

I'd give him a chance to tag someone in the midfield this week and let him set the tone.

Don't really care for ins and outs. The cupboard is bare.

Ford for Drury, and with Curtis taking some CBAs, Finbar for Phillips

...and with a comment re: Finbar - he may be raw, learning the running patterns etc, but then so are the 5 teenagers in the team; we need someone who can take a pack mark forward of centre, and we need it now
Cant be any worse than the 2 games Sellers played

A statement needs to be made and there is no better way than to drop your captain to the VFL.

Out: Corr, McDonald, Biggie, Stephens, Phillips

In: K.Dawson, Bergman, Archer, Ford & Maley.

B: Archer, Comben, Bergman
HB: Hardeman, Dawson, Sheezel
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Drury, Maley, Duursma
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Powell
Int: Ford, Lazz, Simpkin, Tucker
Sub: Fisher
Emg: Greenwood, Phillips
I totally agree with this but I think Kallan is still injured, I would bring Shiels in for some experience and physicality on the wing

I think I’d rather Greenwood playing than Shiels. Need a mature body that can tackle.

Also, just persist with Phillips for more than a game & a half.

Players that could come in:

Archer (can actually defend & always has a crack)
Bergman (solid defensively and is a good user)
Ford (assuming he is fit)
Maley (raw as, but is showing some good signs & can take an overhead mark which is a bit of a novelty)

Players that could go out:

Corr (has gone from very s**t to just a bit s**t since he got back in)*
Fisher (poor defensively averages 1 tackle, 0.4 spoils a game & contested loss rate of 75%)
Lmac (similar to Corr)*
Nyuon (1 solid game, 1 awful game & 1 slightly s**t game)
Phillips (getting tactically subbed in this team is quite an achievement)
Scott (needs to be on a wing. Needs to hold his tackles and improve his kicking when in space)*
Stephens (offers little in a creative sense, offers little defensively. 10 touches in 104 mins @ 60% efficiency)
Tucker (a slightly better & less timid version of Stephens)*

* can't see these blokes getting dropped.

Stephens should be dropped but it seems like they will back him in to improve.

Not against the idea of giving Phillips a run of games. Basically telling him we'll give you a block of games, get out there and show us what you bring to the team.

My (what i see as reasonable) changes:
OUT: Philips
IN: Bergman
SUB: McDonald

McDonald both kicking it out on the full and kicking to a dangerous position that led to a turnover within the first 5 minutes of the game, having Rankine kicking 4.1 on him, having a whopping 11 disposals (8 kicks with 100m gained wtf) and generally being unaccountable on the field. He shouldn't be starting 22.

I have dinner engagements next Saturday and thus won't be able to attend or even watch this game at all, so we're gonna win FYI

I think I’d rather Greenwood playing than Shiels. Need a mature body that can tackle.

Also, just persist with Phillips for more than a game & a half.
Sorry but that was utter trash from Phillips.

I think I’ve given up that this kid can make it.

I doesn’t really matter I guess if he plays or not, but it’s so gutting to see us literally wipe our arse with that Pick #3 when we desperately need to make every post a winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the general sentiment but there's no way that Hardeman gets dropped based on that performance, it was a pretty damned good debut.
The kicks to one on one contests, directly in front, twenty metres out from the oppo goal have to go tho.

This is a futile exercise, but let’s have a crack at moving the deck chairs in the Titanic.

FB - Archer Comben Fisher
HB - Hardeman Nyoun Bergman
C - McKercher Sheezel Ford(if fit?)
HF - Zurhaar Maley Duursma
FF - Curtis Larkey Drury
C - Xerri LDU Wardlaw
I: Powell Lazarro Greenwood, Scott
S: Stephenson

Out: McDonald, Simpkin, Corr, Stephens, Tucker, Phillips
In: Archer, Ford(if fit), Maley, Stephenson, Greenwood

Now that was depressing putting that together but we are going to get smashed anyway, so make a statement on the senior players.

I struggled to even find players we are that s**t.

In: Logan McDonald, Sam Taylor, Zak Butters, Chad Warner, Jake Riccardi
Out: Will Phillips, Will Walker*, Tarryn Thomas*, Jack Mahony*, Flyn Perez*

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Actually a bit brutal when you look at all the players taken after who we picked & 4/5 aren't even playing anymore.

I always like to judge us by what the opposition scores on average v what we concede to them.

This past week against Adelaide was borderline farcical. Conceding 138 whilst they averaged 67. LOL.

Next up are the offensive juggernaut that is St Kilda who tip the scales at 73 points per game.

See if we can keep them under 120.

I’m not at all confident.

* this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back