Preview changes vs. the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't necessarily expect a win, but I think a great test of where we are really at and I expect or hope we are close or even better, win.
Hope we get a win for you. All the best in a rough time too.

I don't necessarily expect a win, but I think a great test of where we are really at and I expect or hope we are close or even better, win.
Certainly a better game to gauge our progress than last week's was.

Anyway, I think we can win this. Head says it will still be hard so don't go in expecting it, heart says it's a done deal and the 4 points are ours. I wouldn't go so far as to say we "need" this win because otherwise we might go 0-5 and player's heads will drop (please please please finally have learnt some resilience lads!!!!), but fair dinkum the fan's heads will drop if we lose it lol!

Jeez, a win in Marvel against a half decent team would be great for the soul. The last time I can remember a victory that felt undeniably good and hopeful was beating GWS in R2 in 2020. Unfortunately, that was the beginning of our disastrous drop.
Tigers in 2022 was our last really good win at Marvel.

That was amazing of course, but I want to exceed that. We very easily could have lost that one if Aarts' brain didn't turn off I50 at the end there. We need a good old-fashioned, unambiguous home ground victory. If not today, then very soon. Four to five goals, let's go!

True. However, even that victory was mainly great because we hadn’t won for so long. There was no sense that we were on our way back up the ladder. After the GWS win in R2 2020, Gerard Whateley said on AFL 360 that he thought North could go all the way! It sounds absolutely crazy now. However, at the time, Polec, Jasper and Hall were looking sweet, TT was absolutely bursting onto the scene, Cunners was phenomenal and Jack was solid. Higgins, Tarrant, BBB, Goldstein, Bull…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back