Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
After a shocking start to the season things have become quite negative on here ( myself included). One shining light I think has been Griff. He really is putting in consistent A grade performances this season and should be leading our B n F comfortably. His work rate yesterday was enormous, and if all the boys worked as hard as him I think we'd be going a he'll of a lot better this year. I know he does get caught sometimes, but if your avaisive skills are as good as his I think you should have license to take them on.

Well done Griff, awesome start to the year, could well be captain of the footy club one day.

After a shocking start to the season things have become quite negative on here ( myself included). One shining light I think has been Griff. He really is putting in consistent A grade performances this season and should be leading our B n F comfortably. His work rate yesterday was enormous, and if all the boys worked as hard as him I think we'd be going a he'll of a lot better this year. I know he does get caught sometimes, but if your avaisive skills are as good as his I think you should have license to take them on.

Well done Griff, awesome start to the year, could well be captain of the footy club one day.

Will be seriously challenged by Dale Morris.

For goodness sake, does every post in this place need to be a pot shot? If it's not Higgins, it's Gia, or Minson.

The purpose of this thread is Griff.

Yes! Griff seems to be the only shining light, and closely followed by Dale Morris.

Griff is stupidly underrated outside of the Dogs.

When Cooney and the others are up, Griff is labelled a downhill skier who only looks good because he is getting fed. Nobody seems to notice that when everyone else is down, Griff is the one keeping us in touch.

He's a joy to watch.

Griff is stupidly underrated outside of the Dogs.

When Cooney and the others are up, Griff is labelled a downhill skier who only looks good because he is getting fed. Nobody seems to notice that when everyone else is down, Griff is the one keeping us in touch.

He's a joy to watch.

Came in here to say that.

He seems to cop a lot of unwarranted flak about the place and I reckon it's wrong.

We would be in some serious trouble without Griff. He has had another great year so far. Its so good to see him getting to the level we all expected him to get to when he first came to the club.

Will most likely win the B&F this year again.
Absolute legend.

Came in here to say that.

He seems to cop a lot of unwarranted flak about the place and I reckon it's wrong.

Well said mate. He wins his own ball and is underrated. He takes the opposition on. Big fan of Griffs.

Good luck on the weekend anyway in the real western derby! I don't think youll need it though unfortunately but you just never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just worry they're gonna kill him by giving him the ball when he has about ten guys about to tackle him. They kept doing it yesterday. He was the only one yesterday who got the ball and it took it on. Great player.

Well said mate. He wins his own ball and is underrated. He takes the opposition on. Big fan of Griffs.

Good luck on the weekend anyway in the real western derby! I don't think youll need it though unfortunately but you just never know.

Hopefully now a lot of your guys have fallen away, but he hasn't, the pundits will realize he had a lot more to do with the teams success in the last three years than he gets credit for.

And thanks for the 17:1 return I got for you kicking the first goal Griff! :thumbsu:

He has been good so far, along with Murph he is the best to watch when he has the ball.

Well said, my favourite player and he's really stood up this year as well as he did in the finals when Cooney was injured

Griffen is in the mix of the better performing players this season to date, but his form now is not even close to what he showed last year.

His 2010 season was outstanding and if anything Griffen has started slow like he did last year.

Griff is a gun, I reckon he came of age last year and particularly in the finals last year he was our best player by far (even though he was carrying leg injuries). Takes the game on and breaks lines, is fantastic to watch.
I felt sorry for him on saturday, he needs support, we rely on his run too much caus we have too many one-paced/inside players.
Griff copped a few heavy knocks but he was impressive, just got up and just got on with it.
His skills have improved and he is hitting more targets now on the run and backing himself from 50 out on the run to kick goals which is awesome!

Griffen is in the mix of the better performing players this season to date, but his form now is not even close to what he showed last year.

His 2010 season was outstanding and if anything Griffen has started slow like he did last year.

I think he's been pretty good Mike. Bear in mind we were winning games last year and it's easier to play well when the team is performing. I've watched him closely this year and the guy is really busting his arse to try and make things happen. Quality player and quality kid. And as others have already posted, if a few of the other boys can follow the example that Griff and Dale Morris are showing, we might be able to drag ourselves out of the mire we currently find ourselves in.

Not getting much help from his mates and not playing in a team that is playing good footy doesn't help... I think he has gone up to another level because he is one of the few players actually out there having a real dip (Morris, Murphy, Minson & Boyd aside) showing strong leadership on the field he has become an even better player in my eyes because of this season and how well he is performing

He has been an absolute star this year. I still remember back in '09 the threads and discussion suggesting he wouldn't make it and should be offered up as trade bait. A few who've jumped off Higgins should probably think about that for a second...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back