Mega Thread Celebrating Kora the Companion Dog-the Casual Chat Thread: Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much as I don't like Geelong I'd like to see the Crows lose for the lols.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have something I need to get off my chest

on Monday, my gf's son tried to commit suicide. spent most of Monday and Tuesday in hospital with him and his mum. his mum is just a complete wreck and I don't know how to help and support her apart from being there to cuddle her and tell her she's doing the best job she can

he told the psych that came around to see him that he did it because his mum makes him do too much - like clean his room and do his homework. he's 12..

I've never felt the urge to strangle a kid so much as I did when I heard that. this kid is so bloody entitled I can't even explain it. this kid has never had a father in his life and as sad as it is, i'm the closest to one he's probably ever going to have

anyone got any pointers on how I can help support her with this? (apart from do a barrel roll)

on Monday, my gf's son tried to commit suicide. spent most of Monday and Tuesday in hospital with him and his mum. his mum is just a complete wreck and I don't know how to help and support her apart from being there to cuddle her and tell her she's doing the best job she can

he told the psych that came around to see him that he did it because his mum makes him do too much - like clean his room and do his homework. he's 12..

I've never felt the urge to strangle a kid so much as I did when I heard that. this kid is so bloody entitled I can't even explain it. this kid has never had a father in his life and as sad as it is, i'm the closest to one he's probably ever going to have

anyone got any pointers on how I can help support her with this? (apart from do a barrel roll)

I highly doubt that's the actual reason.

Kids don't commit suicide because their parents make them do things they don't want to do, if anything they run away from home etc but they don't attempt suicide.

Oh wow Dips... that's awful

I'm sorry I have no advice for you but you do have my regards

I highly doubt that's the actual reason.

Kids don't commit suicide because their parents make them do things they don't want to do, if anything they run away from home etc but they don't attempt suicide.
I actually agree with you. I don't think that's the reason at all. but the gall to actually say that in that sort of setting triggered me massively

I actually agree with you. I don't think that's the reason at all. but the gall to actually say that in that sort of setting triggered me massively

Man, I can't help but feel for you in the situation. Apart from hugs I'm not sure there is much you can do. Just be there, which I am sure you are.

Perhaps talk to the kid to try and get down to the bottom of the situation, help out with counselling for either gf or the kid.

I really hope it all goes well.

What is the psych's opinion of that answer?
didn't really give us one, gave us a number to ring to make an appointment with another psych

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back