The Millionaire chase tipping hot seat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand (all whites)

remember it as 3 draws in group, failing to progress to knockouts

(I don’t know the rules here, feel free to skip past and carry on question chain without me)

Last edited:

New Zealand (all whites)

remember it as 3 draws in group, failing to progress to knockouts
2010 (New Zealand)
Despite not making it out of the group, New Zealand were the only undefeated team at the World Cup after draws against Slovakia, Italy, and Paraguay. The eventual champions that year, Spain, lost to Switzerland in the group stage.

Did NZ boycott the Moscow Summer Olympics? The US did and there were calls for Australia to do the same but they still sent some competitors there.

My guess would be Switzerland, they are neutral so unlikely to boycott any Summer Olympics due to wars,

Did NZ boycott the Moscow Summer Olympics? The US did and there were calls for Australia to do the same but they still sent some competitors there.

My guess would be Switzerland, they are neutral so unlikely to boycott any Summer Olympics due to wars,
Correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK here's a question.

Why did I and other Australian passport holders have to queue up at the Portuguese embassy in London back in 2000 to get a visa to enter Portugal?

That was the only Western European country we needed a visa for at the time.
This is a trivia question?

No idea.

This is a trivia question?

No idea.

It was something to do with East Timor which used to be a Portuguese colony, I think Australia sent troops there which upset the Portuguese government so they decided to bring in compulsory visas for any Australian passport holders travelling there.

Turned out I didn't even need it as we drove into Portugal from Spain and no one at the border crossing even checked our passports so I queued up for hours to get that visa for nothing.

It was something to do with East Timor which used to be a Portuguese colony, I think Australia sent troops there which upset the Portuguese government so they decided to bring in compulsory visas for any Australian passport holders travelling there.

Turned out I didn't even need it as we drove into Portugal from Spain and no one at the border crossing even checked our passports so I queued up for hours to get that visa for nothing.
My original guess would have been that they might not have been part of the Schengen Area at the time.

Turns out they've been there since 1992.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back