Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Cy7zKURXAAALkxz.thumb.jpg.8e1f1af24f8efc501b157a210af28c4e.jpg

Second flop for the game:D

I don't think that Chalobah deserves a red card as some press are claiming. He only pushed Kun over, he didn't throw a punch. Pushing someone is a reasonable response to Aguero's challenge which was tantamount to a kung fu flykick.

Fab should've got a red card for raisinig his hand to Fernadinho though.

I see there's been complaints that Cahill should've had a penalty paid against you guys. I find that absurd when he was on the ground at the time and the ball hit his arm behind his back. Luiz / Aguero bump was also nothing. You guys beat them fair and square and they went down swinging.

I don't think that Chalobah deserves a red card as some press are claiming. He only pushed Kun over, he didn't throw a punch. Pushing someone is a reasonable response to Aguero's challenge which was tantamount to a kung fu flykick.

I see there's been complaints that Cahill should've had a penalty paid against you guys. I find that absurd when he was on the ground at the time and the ball hit his arm behind his back. Luiz / Aguero bump was also nothing. You guys beat them fair and square and they went down swinging.

Pretty sure Matic got 4 weeks for doing something similar to Barnes(after he tried to end his career), it wouldn't have bothered me though as I love seeing this kid fly the flag. Thats as dirty as it gets(and not the first time from Kun), we'd be hearing about it for weeks if Costa did it.

Fab probs should have got a red too(shouldn't be slapping players), but he was the reactor not the instigator in that battle.

Yeah theres nothing in Cahills, only a one eyed supporter would be calling that a pen. Luiz bump is pretty much shoulder to shoulder and he didn't deviate, he just wanted to keep his feet more. I'd hate to see a player sent off because of a flop.

I agree we beat them fair and square, we were just more clinical.

Pretty sure Matic got 4 weeks for doing something similar to Barnes(after he tried to end his career), it wouldn't have bothered me though as I love seeing this kid fly the flag. Thats as dirty as it gets(and not the first time from Kun), we'd be hearing about it for weeks if Costa did it.

Fab probs should have got a red too(shouldn't be slapping players), but he was the reactor not the instigator in that battle.

Yeah theres nothing in Cahills, only a one eyed supporter would be calling that a pen. Luiz bump his pretty much shoulder to shoulder and he didn't deviate, he just wanted to keep his feet more. I'd hate to see a player sent off because of a flop.

I agree we beat them fair and square, we were just more clinical.

I remember the Matic incident. His push was more like a shove and had plenty of force behind it. Some referees will give a red card for that, some won't. Chalobah was just typical handbags, nothing violent about it at all. Fab shouldn't have gotten involved, do you know if he's facing retrospective action?

I find the claims about Aguero/Luiz shoulder laughable. It's not like Luiz looked at him and took him out. It's just a collision, Aguero went down when he could've stayed on his feet looking to get Luiz sent off.

I remember the Matic incident. His push was more like a shove and had plenty of force behind it. Some referees will give a red card for that, some won't. Chalobah was just typical handbags, nothing violent about it at all. Fab shouldn't have gotten involved, do you know if he's facing retrospective action?

I find the claims about Aguero/Luiz shoulder laughable. It's not like Luiz looked at him and took him out. It's just a collision, Aguero went down when he could've stayed on his feet looking to get Luiz sent off.

Pretty sure Fabs all clear, when you see the full footage and Fernandihno grabs Fab on the back of the neck first which sets off their scuffle. I actually think his red was a bit soft.

I don't have a problem with any players getting involved as they were reacting to a pretty cowardly act. Costa even came sprinting over from the bench, glad he's discovered his calmer side or he could have gotten himself into a lot of trouble.

Seems a bit of a problem atm in the league with players looking to flop rather than keep their feet, Aguero could have gotten a goal out of it if he did.

I'm so endeared with Chalobah after both the backheel assist and the Kun shove, that I will get myself a shiny new Chelsea jersey with his name and number on the back for Christmas

And he doesn't look out of place when ever he gets on the pitch. Can't wait for him to get 90 mins in our FA cup game.

How's some of the rubbish coming from the City supporters lol. The "if KDB scored we win" line was a beauty.

I'm so endeared with Chalobah after both the backheel assist and the Kun shove, that I will get myself a shiny new Chelsea jersey with his name and number on the back for Christmas

He has looked very promising under Conte thats for sure, and its awesome to watch. I honestly thought after the Napoli loan that that was pretty much it for his career at Chelsea (even though he is only 21, way to write a youngster off early) and I was surprised when Conte wanted to keep him around. But for now he seems to have pushed ahead of RLC and he is does not look out of place getting minutes in the PL as Chef said. And he bleeds blue!

On the shove thing, I thought Chalobah could have been given red, but thats probably because Im used to the whole '3rd man in a scuffle' thing in AFL, where the player who comes flying in to impact on a melee gets punished (well at least at local level). I wouldn't have been upset if it was a red either TBH. Love the passion. As for Fab, eh, he did hit him in the face, even if it was just a soft 'calm down' tap. But gee, did Fernandinho lose it. Going for a players throat multiple times like that is never going to end well.

He has looked very promising under Conte thats for sure, and its awesome to watch. I honestly thought after the Napoli loan that that was pretty much it for his career at Chelsea (even though he is only 21, way to write a youngster off early) and I was surprised when Conte wanted to keep him around. But for now he seems to have pushed ahead of RLC and he is does not look out of place getting minutes in the PL as Chef said. And he bleeds blue!

On the shove thing, I thought Chalobah could have been given red, but thats probably because Im used to the whole '3rd man in a scuffle' thing in AFL, where the player who comes flying in to impact on a melee gets punished (well at least at local level). I wouldn't have been upset if it was a red either TBH. Love the passion. As for Fab, eh, he did hit him in the face, even if it was just a soft 'calm down' tap. But gee, did Fernandinho lose it. Going for a players throat multiple times like that is never going to end well.
Red card or not, i'm just happy to see the unity of the squad under Conte compared to what we had to endure last season with Mou. I'm sure the dressing room have agreed to contribute to the fine he may receive. Sticking up for a teammate > red card or fine for pushing Aguero the little prick.

The youth team should feel that if they are good enough, Conte will give them an opportunity. That Ivanovic, Fabregas, Mikel, Oscar, Willian can't get a regular game and we're consistently seeing the likes of Chalobah, Aina and Solanke make the bench and get a few minutes will give them hope. You see it all over social media, their academy teammates are stoked for each other when they get a senior call up.

Harry Kane

Played: 82

Scored: 53

Penalties taken: 12

Penalties scored: 11

Goals excluding penalties: 42

Goal/game ratio: 0.51

Sergio Aguero

Played: 65

Scored: 60

Penalties taken: 16

Penalties scored: 13

Goals excluding penalties: 47

Goal/game ratio: 0.72

Diego Costa

Played: 69

Scored: 44

Penalties taken: 1

Penalties scored: 1

Goals excluding penalties: 43

Goal/game ratio: 0.62

Since the start of the 2014-15 season. DC suffers from not taking penalties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Kane

Played: 82

Scored: 53

Penalties taken: 12

Penalties scored: 11

Goals excluding penalties: 42

Goal/game ratio: 0.51

Sergio Aguero

Played: 65

Scored: 60

Penalties taken: 16

Penalties scored: 13

Goals excluding penalties: 47

Goal/game ratio: 0.72

Diego Costa

Played: 69

Scored: 44

Penalties taken: 1

Penalties scored: 1

Goals excluding penalties: 43

Goal/game ratio: 0.62

Since the start of the 2014-15 season. DC suffers from not taking penalties.
How could he take penalties when Hazard's penalties are that delicious

Approximately 60 million coming in from the Oscar sale.
How do you guys think we should be investing this, what position do you think is most in need of strengthening ?

Approximately 60 million coming in from the Oscar sale.
How do you guys think we should be investing this, what position do you think is most in need of strengthening ?

We need another creative AM most out of all positions. Griezmann is the dream, but wont be available until the summer. Calhanoglu was being linked a little while ago and would be handy, as would Draxler or Di Maria.

Theres talk of a CB in VvD or Sule, nice players and i wouldnt be disappointed to sign them but we have Terry and Zouma as depth atm (plus Christensen next season) so i dont see us spending it there.

Depth in the LB/LWB spot would be nice. Hope we look at someone there or at least keep Kenedy.

CM we are right with Kante, Matic, Fab and Chalobah.

CF we are fine.

We need another creative AM most out of all positions. Griezmann is the dream, but wont be available until the summer. Calhanoglu was being linked a little while ago and would be handy, as would Draxler or Di Maria.

Theres talk of a CB in VvD or Sule, nice players and i wouldnt be disappointed to sign them but we have Terry and Zouma as depth atm (plus Christensen next season) so i dont see us spending it there.

Depth in the LB/LWB spot would be nice. Hope we look at someone there or at least keep Kenedy.

CM we are right with Kante, Matic, Fab and Chalobah.

CF we are fine.
Exactly my thoughts, one more world class AM would be perfect. I just read somewhere that Arsenal are offering Sanchez 80.000 a week less than what he is after. If this is true then we should be all over it, I reckon we could probably satisfy his demands.

Last edited:
Huge fan of Griezman and Sanchez. A ball playing CB would be nice but can wait until next summer. Really worried if Moses gets injured.

Next couple of transfer windows are huge for us. Likely we'll be seeing the end of Oscar, Ivanovic, Mikel, Terry, Fabregas (maybe in June). Will need probably two CB's, a LWB, CM and ST.

Huge fan of Griezman and Sanchez. A ball playing CB would be nice but can wait until next summer. Really worried if Moses gets injured.

Next couple of transfer windows are huge for us. Likely we'll be seeing the end of Oscar, Ivanovic, Mikel, Terry, Fabregas (maybe in June). Will need probably two CB's, a LWB, CM and ST.
Conte should turn Willian into a RWB. His end product and decision making in the final third is average but that would be somewhat masked if he was a RWB. Plus he has the endurance to run up and down the pitch for 90 mins. If Moses went down I would love to see Willian played there with Pedro as the RF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back