Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Might not be a large talking point of the game but I was really happy RLC was given a chance in a critical situation. He made himself present in such a short period of time and had 2 great chances to score (one of them he was too unselfish). Not only did Conte trust him but the players as well, Fabregas was helping him out and giving him a role in the corner kicks to milk a bit of time.

We are the last club on earth they would sell him to but if he picks us, then they have no choice. Otherwise they just get to keep him for one more season and then lose him for nothing. Being the profit driven club that they are, there is no way they let that happen.

Yeah you're right. He was prob referring to Brentford when he was talking about a team with winning mentality in London.
Well he didn't say Chelsea, and you can't claim he did.

You're doing exactly what journos do, taking a quote and making your own story to suit your narrative.

While what he says fits the bill at Chelsea, nowhere does "the man himself" mention Chelsea specifically.

Well he didn't say Chelsea, and you can't claim he did.

You're doing exactly what journos do, taking a quote and making your own story to suit your narrative.

While what he says fits the bill at Chelsea, nowhere does "the man himself" mention Chelsea specifically.
I can, actually. That's how his quotes read whether you like it or not. Obviously the stars will need to align but it's clearly more than just a pipe dream to think he'll be running around for us next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though the season is still not over, I'm already excited about what's to come next season. What we are seeing is nowhere near the "finished work" of Conte yet disregarding some monumental collapse, we end up winning the title comfortably. I can only imagine (and salivate) at the prospect of him bringing in the players he actually wants.

Makes a massive difference when Moses is in the side. Azpi not good enough going forward and Pedro just isn't a defenders a-hole,nor should he be.

Also is it just me or does Costa look as good as gone?

Makes a massive difference when Moses is in the side. Azpi not good enough going forward and Pedro just isn't a defenders a-hole,nor should he be.

Also is it just me or does Costa look as good as gone?
I've said it before but I think Willian would be the perfect RWB. He would shoot less often so his flaws would be masked and he could use his pace, dribbling and work rate to run up and down the right side all day. When we played "big" teams under Jose he was essentially a RWB with the amount of tracking back he would do each game and how deep he would sit. I am absolutely convinced he is born for that position.

That was trash. Lacked cohesion, lacked creativity. And most of all lacked effort, which is ******* weird. Hasn't really happened all season after those early few games.

Spurs will destroy us if we play like that at Wembley, and we'll have some trouble holding onto top spot in the league too. Improvement needed ASAP.

We are still in a great position. We need to drop points twice in the remaining fixtures and Spurs need to win every game.

Costa needs to **** off now. He clearly won't be here next season and is a deadset liability. With Spurs in ripping form, the pressure is really on now. Cannot afford another slip-up from here on if we are to hold on.
Maybe Conte should just bite the bullet and bench him, go with the false 9. The guy has been s**t ever since the China saga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back