Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think for one second that Conte has any issue with Fab, he just knows what we all know - Fab can't go hard for 90 minutes and he can't go hard for the whole season either. He makes a great impact player, especially when he is nice and fresh against tiring defences. The question is whether or not he is content with playing that role.
Batshuayi probably becomes a regular once we sure up our defence.

I don't think for one second that Conte has any issue with Fab, he just knows what we all know - Fab can't go hard for 90 minutes and he can't go hard for the whole season either. He makes a great impact player, especially when he is nice and fresh against tiring defences. The question is whether or not he is content with playing that role.
Batshuayi probably becomes a regular once we sure up our defence.
I reckon Fabregas should be used against sides that like to sit back as he is brilliant when it comes to unlocking those defences.

He's useless against sides that press, don't allow him space and when they make him defend. He can really be exposed for pace. Ever since we brought him in he has only played (off the top of my head) one good game against top quality opposition and that was his first game against Arsenal at SB. I can see why Barcelona were happy to let him go.

Having said that, we don't play top quality opposition every week so I would start him in 90% of our matches.

Great win today lads, complete performance. Absolutely dominated them.

Kante, Hazard, Matic, Terry, Willian and Oscar were outstanding. All of the subs contributed as well. Pedro's assist was dynamite, Michy to set it all up and Moses with the finish (so happy for that guy).

Clean sheet is a massive confidence booster for our defence as well.

MOTM - Kante. He's an incredible player. I hope anyone that thinks he can't play in a high possession team was watching this evening. His passing (both long and short range) was on point. He was intercepting them left, right and centre. Great performance.

And last but not least, we're on top of the league.

If you told me a week ago Luiz would be a Geezer once more, I would have kindly told you to go away.

Welcome back Geezer! Absolutely delightful news to wake up to.

How do you expect you will lineup now? #fantasy
Hopefully

----------- Costa ------------
Hazard--Oscar-Matic--Willian
-----------Kante--------------
Alonso--Terry--Luiz--Azpilicueta
----------Courtois--------------

Hopefully

----------- Costa ------------
Hazard--Oscar-Matic--Willian
-----------Kante--------------
Alonso--Terry--Luiz--Azpilicueta
----------Courtois--------------
Thats what i'd do. Then when Zouma returns slowly integrate him to Terry's position.

I'll be stunned if our back 4 changes that dramatically ^^

Luiz in for Cahill the only thing I can see happening personally. Ivanovic will keep his spot.

I'll be stunned if our back 4 changes that dramatically ^^

Luiz in for Cahill the only thing I can see happening personally. Ivanovic will keep his spot.
I think Luiz will alternate between being a centre back and a defensive midfielder when the need arises.

Let's not forget that while his best football is excellent and top quality, he is also prone to making some very bad errors as well. After all, he was sold by Mourinho because he wasn't seen to be a reliable defender.

In saying that, I've always loved David's charisma and passion for the club so he's a welcome returnee and I hope some of his deficiencies that were evident in his first stint with us have been addressed this time round and we see a more composed and reliable player as a result without losing that touch of charisma that made him a loveable figure amongst supporters.

A few questions:
Alonso or Ivanovic?
Cahill or Luiz?
Fabregas or Oscar?
Michy or Costa?
Hazard or Mikel?
Need to see Alonso
Tough one. Different types of defenders.
Fabregas but Oscar on his day is just as damaging if not more.
Costa
Mikel's long range shooting and ability to dribble past defenders in the box gets him the nod for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Baker and of course Rashford x 3 on the scoresheet for England u21s.

I worry that these three players will never lock in a first team spot at Chelsea, but will move elsewhere and dominate.
Loftus-Cheek needs to play regularly for the first team. I feel this is he's make or break year for Chelsea.

In my hours of supporting this club I have never felt more enthusiastic about what our future holds. This is going to an exciting year for us I feel.

Well you missed a cracker of a season last year......
The past means nothing to me. It is all about the future for the Kings of London.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back