Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been in much this season but I just want it to be clear that I would take a bullet for Cole Palmer.

I too would like to express my fondness for that particular player.
Sadly i wouldnt get too attached to him, if we keep being this s**t he'll be gone after next season to somewhere better.

Last edited:

Crazy how we spent £200m+ on that mid field and its still pretty s**t.

What a dumpster fire they have built.
What a win, Cole Palmer is world class.

But yes, that should've been a pretty regulation win after being 2-0 up but we coughed up two goals from skill errors and almost a third. If we are to go further we need to clean that up, as otherwise we're looking pretty good.

1712277899792.png

You can see improvement if you cut the season into thirds, our first 10 games when the team was in a pretty new phase is what set us back in the season, 12 points for 10 games at just over a goal scored per game.

Mid part of the season we started to turn some of the draws into wins and started scoring more but equally conceding plenty.

Final third we've been really quite good, most points out of any third and a game to go vs Shef United which you'd hope we could win. Goals against is inflated by two poor losses early in this third to Lpool 4-1 and Wolves 4-2, outside of that it's 16 for and 11 against.

Small steps but definitely improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cole Palmer, build a statue! What a man.
20+ goals in a PL season by a Chelsea player:
  • Didier Drogba (2009/2010) = 29
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (2000/2001) = 23
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (2001/2002) = 23
  • Frank Lampard (2009/2010) = 22
  • Didier Drogba (2006/2007) = 20
  • Diego Costa (2014/2015) = 20
  • Diego Costa (2016/2017) = 20
  • Cole Palmer (2023/2024) = 20
Becoming a part of an exclusive club.

Great morning to wake up and watch that performance :)

8 games unbeaten in the PL, and our overall form has picked up in the 2nd half of the season. I think despite the frustrations along the way, Pochettino is slowly making progress with this team.

In the 1st half of the season we picked up 25 points (from 19 games), and since then we've already picked up 22 points (from 12 games).

Very frustrating we dropped points against Burnley and Sheffield United. Could have been 51 points with game/s in hand and sitting in 6th spot.

Wow, that was unexpected. Europa a big chance now if we carry on with our unbeaten run even though we have some huge matches ahead.

We know how Palmer went, but that was also Caicedo's best game for us yet. Pairs much better with Gallagher than Enzo who I just don't think suits us.

The only downer was the penalty tantrum which had probably summoned Noni to the bench for the entirety of the next match.

Wow, that was unexpected. Europa a big chance now if we carry on with our unbeaten run even though we have some huge matches ahead.

We know how Palmer went, but that was also Caicedo's best game for us yet. Pairs much better with Gallagher than Enzo who I just don't think suits us.

The only downer was the penalty tantrum which had probably summoned Noni to the bench for the entirety of the next match.
Shame about Noni, as he's been playing well and is really dangerous around the box. Much better option than Sterling.

Yeah, definite signs of life, but consistency still isn't quite there, as to be expected from a young side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back