Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Though I'd blow all our budget on Haaland, i just can't see it happening this window with Sancho going. Rice isnt leaving either with Hammers in Europe.

Hakimi is a real possibility and hes the best RWB in the world so that would be an amazing get.

Tchouaméni is the mid i think we'll end up with and I'll be very happy to get him. Looks a young gun.

Not a heap of CFs out there who'd improve us. Kane or Haaland are the 2 available but Levy is going to Levy and Dortmund and Raiola are going to cost a mint. We might to struggle to find anyone good.
I think we'll still go for Rom if Haaland is not gonna happen.

Though I'd blow all our budget on Haaland, i just can't see it happening this window with Sancho going. Rice isnt leaving either with Hammers in Europe.

Hakimi is a real possibility and hes the best RWB in the world so that would be an amazing get.

Tchouaméni is the mid i think we'll end up with and I'll be very happy to get him. Looks a young gun.

Not a heap of CFs out there who'd improve us. Kane or Haaland are the 2 available but Levy is going to Levy and Dortmund and Raiola are going to cost a mint. We might to struggle to find anyone good.
Dortmund can sell him now for a s**t load or lose him next summer for his release clause. I think they also have a buyback clause for Isak who looked great against Spain and would no doubt become a world beater for them.

Haaland is going to be a complicated deal but Dortmund are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place now. I think if the offer is good enough they will cash in. Just depends on how badly we want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Euro's are over, time for the speculation and signings.

I'd love Haaland, I don't really care about the price tag. Normally I do, but he's a gun.

I really wanted to sign Chiesa before last season, and now watching him in the Euro's he'd be perfect.

Are we worried yet that we dont seem to be very active this window?
A little bit, but our main targets it seems like there aren't a ton of world class options out there...

Like if we don't break the bank for Haaland, Lukaku isn't happening, then there's no other top top striker available except Kane but as if Spurs sell him to us for anything less than ridiculous.

Rice would be on break still I reckon.

What else do we need? Another CB would be good but even that's looking unlikely to have good options.

A little bit, but our main targets it seems like there aren't a ton of world class options out there...

Like if we don't break the bank for Haaland, Lukaku isn't happening, then there's no other top top striker available except Kane but as if Spurs sell him to us for anything less than ridiculous.

Rice would be on break still I reckon.

What else do we need? Another CB would be good but even that's looking unlikely to have good options.
I dunno, we've sold Giroud and are pushing Tammy pretty hard out the door so I just hope we've actually got a plan about the CF spot. We've known all along Haaland and Kane isn't happening and Lukaku is unlikely so you'd think(or hope) we'd have something else lined up.

Thats about our only hole for me, that 4th CM spot should be filled with a loanee recall for depth and probably the CB spot too. I guess RWB back up too.

I think we'll bid on Rice but thats groundwork for next summer, just starting the courtship.

I dunno, we've sold Giroud and are pushing Tammy pretty hard out the door so I just hope we've actually got a plan about the CF spot. We've known all along Haaland and Kane isn't happening and Lukaku is unlikely so you'd think(or hope) we'd have something else lined up.

Thats about our only hole for me, that 4th CM spot should be filled with a loanee recall for depth and probably the CB spot too. I guess RWB back up too.

I think we'll bid on Rice but thats groundwork for next summer, just starting the courtship.
I think the backup will just be we continue to play Havertz as a false nine.

I think the backup will just be we continue to play Havertz as a false nine.
TBH im excited to see how Tuchel can develop a front two of Havertz and Timo, i expect to see them come on a lot this season. Timo to revert back to his red bull form.

I don’t think we sign Haaland but at the same time I don’t think we have heard the end of it. Dortmund are apparently in some financial strife, they’ve signed a striker and could lose Haaland for a potential €100m less if they don’t sell him this window. And would his manager will be pushing him to move given he would receive larger commission now than next year? Still a bit to play out.

Jan Aage Fjortoft is the best person to follow in this saga. He’s apparently pretty close to to Haaland camp. He has maintained that Dortmund won’t sell unless a crazy bid is made, so it’s up to Roman to pull the trigger and make an offer too good to refuse.

I think we really should be looking to capitalise on our strong position and would be pretty disappointed if we didn’t make at least one first XI signing. We have a very young talented squad, we have a proven world class manager who should be backed in, we are European champions, we are financially stable and we have little competition in the market given the mainland European powerhouses are very inactive.

One thing I’ve also noticed is that when we make signings, they can come out of nowhere or come on very quickly. Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic, Silva, etc. Even back to Cesc, I woke up one day and he was having a medical with us. I don’t think we beat around the bush too much when it comes to signing players and we’re pretty efficient when getting deals done.

Athletic's article sounds like we've accepted defeat on Haaland and Rice and are moving on.

Stuttgart's Sasa Kalajdzic(200cm giant) is being linked as a CF as is Danny Ings. Not really exciting stuff there, Ings would be ok but not great.

Tchouaméni the Rice alternative which i love.

And we still want Traore as RWB back up. He'd be handy.

Last edited:
Should just buy Haaland and loan him back for 12 months. Everyone wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back