Chess Chess - BigFooty chess club Tournaments on Chess.com (PRIZES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we were 5 apart when I sent this challenge, but maybe we were 6 apart. Either way the challenge hasn't been accepted yet.

Cruffy, I don't think you're playing a challenge from within the 5 below at the moment, so have sent you one 🙂 (RMuhlberger on chess.com)

Ralf
Huh? Bjchan13 is more than holding his own.

I don’t quite follow, but you’re both 5 apart so happy for you both to play the extra game on this occasion.

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking that I challenged someone outside the 5 above me because of other ladder changes, and so decided to challenge Cruffy who I know is within my 5 and just continue with that.

R

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking that I challenged someone outside the 5 above me because of other ladder changes, and so decided to challenge Cruffy who I know is within my 5 and just continue with that.

R

Oh yes, I’m happy with that. Well worth checking and don’t want to curtail either of your marches up the ladder!

Chipmunk StiffArm won our friendly

An idea with the table for tournaments should first be worth 3 points second 2 points and third one point?

Looks like I should be looking out for a StiffArm charge!

Interesting idea - my thought was to make it "Olympics-style", so one 1st place is better than 25 2nd places. Happy to hear others' views though.

I snuck over the line against deaneus. I made a blunder and then he did and I managed to hold the advantage until he resigned

I snuck over the line against deaneus. I made a blunder and then he did and I managed to hold the advantage until he resigned

I will have to review the analysis of that game, by the end it was torturous. Also, yes, I could have moved Rd7 and beat you like a drum and missed it.

Ended like this

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will have to review the analysis of that game, by the end it was torturous. Also, yes, I could have moved Rd7 and beat you like a drum and missed it.

Ended like this

giphy.gif
You also stuffed up by going Rxc3 instead of Rxg3. I always had to sacrifice that pawn, if you took those two pawn's you'd have had a chance.

I agree i would love a nice little badge, just like his love life he preforms well in under a minute

Chipmunk
I beleive i challenge him yesterday morning he has till Friday morning to answer the challenge?

It's the end of Friday (i.e. the end of the 2nd day after the challenge).

I accidentally challenged Rustin Cohle after our game. So we're playing again!! :)
But I am happy to accept another challenge from below. Chipmunk, is that cool?

Because you asked so nicely, why not. But one of the games will be a friendly, tell me which one so you don't get to choose at the end :) Anti Septic

Last edited:
KING OF THE HILL TOURNAMENT - SATURDAY, 5PM

What is King of the Hill? It's the same as normal chess. However, you can also win by moving your king to any of the central 4 squares. Will you play chess normally and go for the checkmate, or will you charge out with your king to go for the win. We'll find out on Saturday!

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Very frustrating.

30 minute game, I had this Russian in all sorts of trouble but when I tried to play Bh3 the software wouldn't let me, the bishop just sprang back to its original position. It's not as if I was leaving my king in check or anything like that. So I had to settle for the draw offered otherwise I would have lost on timeout. End position below.

Anyway we played a return and this time I beat him in 17 moves. The analysis tool said I made 3 book moves, 4 best, 6 excellent and 4 good. No mistakes at all. Accuracy was 32.6% - how do they get that?

And thanks StiffArm

Chess Game.png

Anti Septic beat me.

anyone around me up for a game? From the looks of it I’ve either played you or you’re in a game already. I’m up for friendlies against anyone though.

Youre allowed to replay anyone, as long you’ve played someone else in between.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Very frustrating.

30 minute game, I had this Russian in all sorts of trouble but when I tried to play Bh3 the software wouldn't let me, the bishop just sprang back to its original position. It's not as if I was leaving my king in check or anything like that. So I had to settle for the draw offered otherwise I would have lost on timeout. End position below.

Anyway we played a return and this time I beat him in 17 moves. The analysis tool said I made 3 book moves, 4 best, 6 excellent and 4 good. No mistakes at all. Accuracy was 32.6% - how do they get that?

And thanks StiffArm

View attachment 863643
How long have you been playing in your liftime?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back