China's Covid lockdown protests

Remove this Banner Ad

Protests do work

They literally had no choice with this one though. How can they expect the citizens of China to go it alone chasing covid zero when the rest of the world is moving on with life? The only way that can realistically work is if China somehow keeps the information that the rest of the world is moving on from the pandemic away from their citizens which is pretty much an impossibility even with the great firewall of China.

They'll gradually rollback restrictions rather than all at once so it doesn't appear as if they "gave in" to protestors.

T....
They'll gradually rollback restrictions rather than all at once so it doesn't appear as if they "gave in" to protestors.
I doubt it, that's not winnie's way. The 2 theories floating 'round youtube are
(a) let it rip, then winnie can say "Well, you protesters asked for it, look what happened. Now, back to my way of doing things;"
(b) China can't afford to keep the testing and lockdowns regime. There's some young doctor, who's father is a heavy in CCP, has become a billionnaire as a (proxy) director of a testing company organised by dad.

I doubt it, that's not winnie's way. The 2 theories floating 'round youtube are
(a) let it rip, then winnie can say "Well, you protesters asked for it, look what happened. Now, back to my way of doing things;"
(b) China can't afford to keep the testing and lockdowns regime. There's some young doctor, who's father is a heavy in CCP, has become a billionnaire as a (proxy) director of a testing company organised by dad.

True but they have already rolled back some resteictions. Dont see how Xi can sell a covid 0 policy domestically when no other nation is going down that path. And that info is imposssible to be suppressed in China no matter how hard he tries.

I think the billionaire testing theory sounds right as it lines Xi's pockets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back