Chris Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

hes not as tall as most ruckman and with no french today and with only himself and prenda he might struggle against the swans 3 ruckman. He has a great left boot. he can kick it 60m at will. he may even take a couple of kick ins. a bit odd for a ruckman though having the kickins

From a neutral spectator of todays game this guy has played very well. Good luck to him hope you have found someone decent. As long as he doesn't play well against the bullies.

We may have lost the game, a couple of plusses though, not that i care, im sick of us ********ing losing. We just aren't good enough, we should have won today.

not a bad debut at all, shat all over ball and jolly and u guys lost momentum when he was moved out of the ruck

possible rising star nominee this week

punter257 said:
not a bad debut at all, shat all over ball and jolly and u guys lost momentum when he was moved out of the ruck

possible rising star nominee this week
unfortunately he's a year too old for a rising star nomination ..but he looks like a handy player

We really missed Barnaby today...but Bryan looks like he could be a very good mobile backup ruckman. That kick could be deadly if we can use it well...either across half forward or playing him loose in the backline. If Bryan gets his fitness up and a bit more muscle he will be a very valuable asset I think...Prenderghast may struggle to retain his spot...Bryan can probably fill his role plus add some skillful use the ball. De Luca may struggle to get back in the side too.

A booming kick, is very strange to see a ruckman type player kicking the ball out.

He can hold onto his marks too...

Seemed to do everything today. Fantastic debut, very exciting prospect. We should have played him last week...

I didn't see today's game but does any one think Bryan could develop into a KP defender as we are desperate for some one who has a bit of height in the backline to help Thorton and Livo??

How is his mobility??

Blue Boyz said:
I didn't see today's game but does any one think Bryan could develop into a KP defender as we are desperate for some one who has a bit of height in the backline to help Thorton and Livo??

How is his mobility??
I'd love him to play as a loose man in defence, then pushing forward when the ball is in our attack. Basically do what he did today every week and he'll be alright.

Blue Boyz said:

How is his mobility??

His mobilty seemed first rate today.

He actually doesn't seem that tall, or a true ruckman. Hence that's why he kicks out.

A big leap, a booooooming kick and he runs well around the ground - reads the play.

He had 21 tap outs today, so I'd like him as a ruckman when French's out, or play him as a loose man in defence and let him kick out when we need him too. I think he has a place in the forward line as well, with his kick.

As XXX Kings said, if he did what he did today (play loose man in defence, ruck and kickout as well as roam over the ground) he will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stokesy said:
His mobilty seemed first rate today.

He actually doesn't seem that tall, or a true ruckman. Hence that's why he kicks out.

A big leap, a booooooming kick and he runs well around the ground - reads the play.

He had 21 tap outs today, so I'd like him as a ruckman when French's out, or play him as a loose man in defence and let him kick out when we need him too. I think he has a place in the forward line as well, with his kick.

As XXX Kings said, if he did what he did today (play loose man in defence, ruck and kickout as well as roam over the ground) he will be fine.
In the warm ups before the game he missed every single shot he had at goal. I also think his booming kick would be more of an asset if used to help push up the ground. Kicking out like he does would be the perfect way to beat the zones and his booming kick would also be valuable in breaking the flood. I just hope that he develops a short kicking game to use occasionally as well as I am sure that after a few weeks teams are going to catch him out. A bit of variety and the surprise aspect of that would help a lot. He looks a terrific prospect and me and my mate have labelled him, quite simply, THE TANK. He also looks like he can take a terrific mark and seems to have a bit of mongrel about him, one thing we desperately lack. If he plays well the next few weeks we should make a Bryan fan club. He could definately become a cult hero and with a kick like him, could become very marketable by the club. great decision by pagan to draft him.

Sounds like Bryan may be the messiah we are looking for!!!

Really think that his kicking into the forward line is invaluable. Fev and Whitnall are as good as any 2 forwards in the AFL one out. Problem is we haven't been kicking it to them long and quick enough.

Who started the 'woof' bellow when he kicked the ball anyway ?
Anyway for what it's worth it's our backline that keeps letting us down, Hall and O'Loughlin always kill us.

pumped said:
Sounds like Bryan may be the messiah we are looking for!!!

Really think that his kicking into the forward line is invaluable. Fev and Whitnall are as good as any 2 forwards in the AFL one out. Problem is we haven't been kicking it to them long and quick enough.

couldnt aggree more ;)

Allen's Blues said:
Bryan = Spot In The Carlton Team (every Week) :)

Great debut, decent 2nd game... What is the probability of him playng consistently this year? Will he still play on Barnaby's and De Luca's return?

Dream team prospect...To make some quick cash... Advice will be appreciated... :cool:

Nebula1971 said:
Great debut, decent 2nd game... What is the probability of him playng consistently this year? Will he still play on Barnaby's and De Luca's return?

Dream team prospect...To make some quick cash... Advice will be appreciated... :cool:
How long is a piece of string? Bryan has the versatility and the skills to play consistently, his teammates will look for him because he is such a booming kick and he drops back and collects stats in the back half. He won't always get a lot of hitouts against the better ruckmen in the comp. As for remaining when French and De Luca come back, he will certainly provide good backup to French but I can't see him being used around the ground while French is on. He will get a bit of bench time when Barnaby returns. Bryan came in for De Luca who was dropped initially so unless he stuffs up big time, he won't be dropped for De Luca.

Great to see Chris getting a game, and hopefully he can continue to provide good service to Carlton! The only AFL listed player i ever played footy with...so i will be taking lots of interest :)

Bluemike said:
Unfortunately doesn't have the spring or height to win many hitouts which is quite a big problem.

You clearly weren't watching Carlton V Brisbane he is a good ruckman, plus with French in the team he can be moulded into a much needed backman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back