Roast Chris Mayne Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayne's body has gone. He can't run, can't jump, hell he was struggling to kick 35 meters. He looked shot in his final 2 years at Freo and he does not have the raw skill to get by without being able to give 100% effort. Can't fault him for taking the contract.

Nothing against Mayne but his form at VFL level was woeful. Even when the AFL side was struggling the coaching panel couldnt find a spot for him. Unfortunately for Mayne the senior coach dosent rate him.
Ross Lyon played him on the backline where he wasn't out of place. When you have a guy on so much money you need to find a spot for him.

I reckon Chris just rolls around in money on he's Italian made silk bed sheets laughing all the way, sipping Dom Pérignon Oenothéque Vintage thinking to himself "I've worked so hard for this"

Well we've missed the 8 with Wells this year so his recruitment so far has been a failure. Can he help us make it next year, jury is out. He's another year older.
Go re watch the Adelaide game if you can stomach it again (got a feeling you can) and you will see what a fully fit Wells does for us.

He is definitely not the reason we missed the 8 again, 70% of it in my opinion is in the coaches box

Go re watch the Adelaide game if you can stomach it again (got a feeling you can) and you will see what a fully fit Wells does for us.

He is definitely not the reason we missed the 8 again, 70% of it in my opinion is in the coaches box
The point is, he clearly isn't enough to get us into the 8 which, given his age, makes his recruitment a miscalculation. He is a good player but his injury record of recent years always made him a risk and that was assuming the rest of the list was good enough anyway. Once again we over estimated the list. He makes us better but not by enough and not often enough. He will not play any part in any premiership which is the reason we exited numerous players when we did. Our list management is all over the shop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back