Chris Scott is the new Alan Joyce

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The comparison is stark...

Neither can coach, both took over champion sides that a drovers dog could have taken to flags (2011 and 1991), both were ‘near enough but invariably not good enough’ for a few years (2012-2013 and 1992-1993) and traded off the delusions of past glories as they treaded water. What’s more both have/had an over reliance on senior players with the upcoming players clearly not having the mettle to sustain the clubs run as a perpetual premiership contender.

I guess the only difference is that Hawthorn had the foresight to sack Joyce after the disaster that was the 1993 finals series (2013 anyone?) and install a favourite son to steer the ship (Knights = Ling?). By 1994 the club was an also ran, the empire was crumbling and the slippery slope to wilderness was confirmed in 1995.

It wasn't that long ago that we gave up a 50 point lead to the Brions either...

Enjoy the next 2 decades of mediocrity Geelong fans with any luck you’ll be voting to merge with the Bullflogs in 2016 ;)

Lol another bullshit thread started by a hawforn flog destined for the DIVVY

Enjoy the next 2 decades of mediocrity Geelong fans with any luck you’ll be voting to merge with the Bullflogs in 2016 ;)
2 decades??
You must really like this club.
Last time they were mediocre it last 4 decades.{or do you see growth in this little country town in the future]

What goes up must come down, at least we have not fallen right off unlike most Premiership sides.
Give yourself time,dont rush the slide,you will get there with performances like like night quite quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said for two years that the Cats are the mirror image of Hawthorn after 1991.

Was roundly laughed at by Cats fans on here but, as usual, I've been proven 100% correct.

The youth they have are not up to scratch and Scott is just like his brother - useless and definitely the worst premiership I've seen since Joyce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back