Chris Scott: "We're not old! We're.... umm... experienced okay??" 😿

Will Geelong's season be ruined by age-related injuries?

• Unless SHocking allows zimmer frames, yes.

• Unless SHocking allows jetpacks, yes.

• Unless SHocking extends the stand the mark rule to general play, yes.

• Yes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

Didn't take this clown long to get defensive about the Geelong's average age. (clarification- of footballers, not meth addicts)

I've seen Trilobites younger than the clowns on their list. No wonder SHocking introduced the stand the mark rule given lateral movement diminishes with age. :laughv1:

giphy-3-gif.731135

Four lame deflections from four extremely average Handbagger posters. Same s**t, different year essentially.

Is the Geelong Football Club the #1 employer of 30-40 year old males in the Corio Bay region yet, or does it just feel that way? :think:

Dad’s army currently trailing Essendon reserves by 3 points. With 10 fewer scoring shots. Bombers should be up by 8 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outplayed last night by a bunch of kids expected to be bottom 6.

bye bye cats :$
Go easy on 'em mate, I hear it takes awhile to get going when you have arthritis! :drunk:

Geelong this year to be the first AFL club to have a player suffering from Alzheimer's and require surgery to replace a hip
I did not know my Mother-in-law plays for Geelong

Pretty obvious that even the best top up strategies can only work for so long before you have ended up with a list that will need total rebuild and 'rebuilds' take a lot longer to put in place these days - unless you are an AFL franchise and get a constant access to better talent and more of it faster. Sydney/Suns will rebuild much faster than any Melbourne Club could.

I can understnd the top up thing - the draft is always a lottery - but you have to be in it to get the occassional win stay out of it for too long and you've doubled up on difficulty. Geelong/Hawthorn no longer 'own' the destination Club call on FA either so .. even established strategy comes to an end as other Clubs compete away the the previous smart call.

Scott would be absolutely besdide himself seeing his side lose a GF - chucking picks at Cameron wont help his diminishing midfield capability for too long - he is copying his brother's strategy at norfs - and it will more than likely lead Geelong to the same place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back