Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

It's surprising that Ablett didn't make an AA side and have that breakout year prior to his sixth season.

Judd had already won two AA reps, two B & F's, a Norm Smith and a Brownlow.

Yarran won't get as good as these two, but still has a high ceiling if he can move into the midfield.

I guess we should have taken Gumbleton or the second round pick like Lloyd and Matthews suggested.

I suspect Lloyd has gone cool on the idea now that Gumby is at Freo...

Wonder how long before he gets on the Yarran for Bellchambers bandwagon?

Flash forward 2 years from now...

Chris Yarran & Bryce Gibbs comfortably ensconced in the top 20 players in the comp.
Murphy solid, Cripps breaking out, Menzel a match winner, MK peaking, Thomas still thereabouts.

7 A graders, and that's the ones we know of...
Sick of these el-cheapo pants I keep getting sold. Spontaneously shrink at the very mention of a Yarran running goal............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Yazz joining the leadership group next year.

He has really matured over the last year and it might help elevate his game even higher.

I agree with you Blueboy, but Yazz himself stated in an article earlier this year that although he wants to be more of a leader onfield he doesn't want to be in the leadership group.

10 AFL stars and their signature move: The Yarran glide
10. THE YARRAN GLIDE

It’s like watching a mercury ball on a skillet: lightning fast, smooth and seemingly effortless. When Carlton defender Chris Yarran is in full stride he is reminiscent of a certain Jamaican sprinter. It’s one of the great sights on a football field to see Yarran look at an opponent and think, “Na stuff you, you don’t have the wheels to keep up with me’’, before effortlessly leaving that opponent in his wake.

It’s one of the great sights in the game — unless, of course, it happens to be against your team.

Wednesday special: All Australian contenders
Chris Yarran The pacy 23-year-old has enjoyed a standout campaign breaking the lines from half-back and pinch-hitting in attack. Yarran leads the AFL for bounces – with 64 at 3.4 per game – and has also booted 18 goals in a consistent season. – Travis King

Remove this Banner Ad

Back