Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What BRE did to CG then BRE should be ****** up by Australia Day. By that I mean bloggers are not walking the walk re these cases. They are talking the talk. I do not.

On the other hand Throaty and without trying to draw attention to specific examples of which there are many, the research and analysis in these threads have influence.

The 60 Minutes interview:
The one question I REALLY wanted the reporter to ask The Hollywood Hospital social worker... ‘When the girls went missing, and all of Perth was speculating about whether taxi drivers, neighbours, ex-boyfriends could be the murderer... did it cross your mind that maybe the man who attacked you in 1990 could be the serial killer?’

Anyone else wanting him to ask this?

The one question I REALLY wanted the reporter to ask The Hollywood Hospital social worker... ‘When the girls went missing, and all of Perth was speculating about whether taxi drivers, neighbours, ex-boyfriends could be the murderer... did it cross your mind that maybe the man who attacked you in 1990 could be the serial killer?’

I'd prefer to keep the focus on the professionals, rather than fellow victims. I'm sure there is an element of guilt and thus the reason the question doesn't need to be put forward.

I'm thinking wife 2 was scared of BRE for the same reason as wife 1's lover, because BRE had a gun and base ball bat under his bed.

Yes that would be a very interesting question to ask (because of the telstra connection) , but I agree with power raid because I would not want to put that though in her head, now, after. But really would the Police have listened? I dont think so!!

Yes that would be a very interesting question to ask (because of the telstra connection) , but I agree with power raid because I would not want to put that though in her head, now, after. But really would the Police have listened? I dont think so!!

This might be another example of an opportunity lost with too little information released to the public and not widely enough on the circumstances of the KK attack and where there were similarities to the attack on her.

If I remember correctly, it was only Bret Christian from The Post who tried to air it with the little information he had. It may not have even reached Wendy.

This might be another example of an opportunity lost with too little information released to the public and not widely enough on the circumstances of the KK attack and where there were similarities to the attack on her.

If I remember correctly, it was only Bret Christian from The Post who tried to air it with the little information he had. It may not have even reached Wendy.

Was there ever an inquiry or reason given about why both WAPOL and the main steam media did not publicise this Rowe Park abduction and violent rape case more, in order to try and apprehend the perpetrator?

Last edited:

Your absolutely right, poor Wendy didn't even know he was made to do a sex offenders course! Her assault was not taken seriously by Police Or Telecom! It must have been frustrating and heart breaking for her.

Regarding the HH attack, obviously the Judge at the time felt it was a sexually motivated attack on Wendy (because he sent BRE to do a sex offenders course), could the Judge have not asked the Police to change the charges from common assault to sexual assault or something similar? or is a Judge not allowed to ask that?

I have a vague recollection that Bret Christian published the information from the profiler who linked KK. I also have a vague recollection that there were stories at the time in MSM that police poo-poohed that and were quite annoyed with The Post for publishing it (who knows if the poo-poohing was to shut down speculation or because they genuinely thought the profiler was wrong).

I agree that opportunities were missed due to their secrecy, which in my view they took way too far. I understand the secrecy around the actual crime scenes where Jane and Ciara were found and the forensics related to their bodies. Not much in my view can be gained from releasing that information and it can prove crucial if a perpetrator knows details that aren’t published.

But the MM video in my view should have been released years prior. They lost any chance of a third party identifying that person or providing any details whatsoever about what they remembered of them walking past that night.

They should have called publically early on for anyone who was a victim of any sort of assault by a man in Claremont to come forward. I believe had Wendy Davis heard that she would have. She is an incredibly strong minded and strong willed woman. Plus, we know sex crimes are underreported. There may have been someone out there who had an experience they hadn’t reported but had details. They called for info on men skulking around in cars. Why not assaults?

But the big one is the Telstra link. Why they kept that to themselves for decades is beyond me. Again, Wendy would almost certainly have come forward. What other people have stories both within and external to Telstra about Edwards that may have been forgotten over 20 years? And if they had been looking at him sooner, Telstra records would have been more readily available. I cannot see what they gained by keeping this silent for decades.

I have a vague recollection that Bret Christian published the information from the profiler who linked KK. I also have a vague recollection that there were stories at the time in MSM that police poo-poohed that and were quite annoyed with The Post for publishing it (who knows if the poo-poohing was to shut down speculation or because they genuinely thought the profiler was wrong).

I agree that opportunities were missed due to their secrecy, which in my view they took way too far. I understand the secrecy around the actual crime scenes where Jane and Ciara were found and the forensics related to their bodies. Not much in my view can be gained from releasing that information and it can prove crucial if a perpetrator knows details that aren’t published.

But the MM video in my view should have been released years prior. They lost any chance of a third party identifying that person or providing any details whatsoever about what they remembered of them walking past that night.

They should have called publically early on for anyone who was a victim of any sort of assault by a man in Claremont to come forward. I believe had Wendy Davis heard that she would have. She is an incredibly strong minded and strong willed woman. Plus, we know sex crimes are underreported. There may have been someone out there who had an experience they hadn’t reported but had details. They called for info on men skulking around in cars. Why not assaults?

But the big one is the Telstra link. Why they kept that to themselves for decades is beyond me. Again, Wendy would almost certainly have come forward. What other people have stories both within and external to Telstra about Edwards that may have been forgotten over 20 years? And if they had been looking at him sooner, Telstra records would have been more readily available. I cannot see what they gained by keeping this silent for decades.
Although I do agree with everything you have said, I do keep wondering if we have the blessing of hindsight?? or were these leads, lines which should have been thought of at the time? Its all just so blatantly obvious now that they were misssed!!

Although I do agree with everything you have said, I do keep wondering if we have the blessing of hindsight?? or were these leads, lines which should have been thought of at the time? Its all just so blatantly obvious now that they were misssed!!
Yes. Especially women spotting Telstra vehicles cruising Claremont. I plan to go back to a spot where I think SS is. I now have to look under very old foliage. Same as last time probably find nothing.

You’re too nice!

Police had way more information and expertise than we even have access to now, and way more scope to gather information. Plus this is their job and they are supposed to have the training and expertise to think as we are now.

I suspect I speak for many people here when I say that I assumed they had done a lot of this at the time. I was quite agog when it came out over the course of the trial that, actually, they hadn’t pursued a whole lot of lines of inquiry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re too nice!

Police had way more information and expertise than we even have access to now, and way more scope to gather information. Plus this is their job and they are supposed to have the training and expertise to think as we are now.

I suspect I speak for many people here when I say that I assumed they had done a lot of this at the time. I was quite agog when it came out over the course of the trial that, actually, they hadn’t pursued a whole lot of lines of inquiry.
Agree, I think we can now put this to bed. They should have done more!

Explaining BRE's stillness during his trial:

Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at Curtin University, Brendon Dellar, refers to this kind of behaviour as the "PR management" commonly seen in psychopaths

I haven’t looked at the details for quite a while so please correct me if my recollection is wrong.
There are two possibilites. Either he dumped her on the night she disappeared or he did it later. On the night really cuts down the possible locations. Doing it later gives more options, but I think it more likely he'd only drive as far as he needed to feel safe.

Further, because she hasn't been found, most location on top of the scarp are excluded as there is lots of firewood collection as well as fly-tipping.

The face of the scarp between Toodyay Rd and Jarrahdale would be top on my list. It's accessible, rocky, prickly, and in many places you can see there are no human or animal tracks.
This post from Jezza was in reply to the suggestion that SS’s body could have been buried a long way away.

Obviously that takes a longer time to deal with, so, if this was the case it could explain why BRE walked to his colleague’s house the next morning for a lift to work rather than use his own car. Perhaps it had a body in it.

Probably not, but who knows. If I remember correctly his colleague was expecting a lift to work from Edwards rather than him walk over and it had always seemed possibly incriminating to me.

I hope I haverecalled the circumstances correctly.

ps. Thanks all for your contributions

Not a lot of details....but I reckon I know a bloke who could have been hanging around Warnbro around this time.....

I haven’t looked at the details for quite a while so please correct me if my recollection is wrong.

This post from Jezza was in reply to the suggestion that SS’s body could have been buried a long way away.

Obviously that takes a longer time to deal with, so, if this was the case it could explain why BRE walked to his colleague’s house the next morning for a lift to work rather than use his own car. Perhaps it had a body in it.

Probably not, but who knows. If I remember correctly his colleague was expecting a lift to work from Edwards rather than him walk over and it had always seemed possibly incriminating to me.

I hope I haverecalled the circumstances correctly.

ps. Thanks all for your contributions
Possible that the car was either extremely dirty/muddy (from being off road) or he was yet to clean the inside and was concerned there may be evidence left inside it.

Explaining BRE's stillness during his trial:

Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at Curtin University, Brendon Dellar, refers to this kind of behaviour as the "PR management" commonly seen in psychopaths

Great article Eaglette01. Answers alot of questions about BRE's behavior and the reason why he just stood there blank after attacking Wendy. He probably had to think really hard about what his reaction to give her!
It's actually really scary to know this!!

Not a lot of details....but I reckon I know a bloke who could have been hanging around Warnbro around this time.....
The details available on this are appallingly thin. Just the Crimestoppers page; no media or publicity or apparent follow up over the years. Excellent find, javaguice.

Yes, I believe his co-worker and wife need to be questioned again, alot of what they said did not tie up!
And washing his car at 5am would raise noise complaints from the light sleepers in the neighbourhood. Water hitting the car makes that tinny noise. Would wake anyone who doesn’t sleep like a log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back