GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Nice post and though I havent bothered to watch the police interviews - your account reads like someone who is happy to go to a line and not cross it

He would have calculated it all out while sitting on the floor of his house , and the paddy wagon and the cell etc and decided to tell most but not all

''Yeah Huntingdale I lived there for years and knew about the break ins etc''

' I worked a lot of shifts around Claremont so yeah I would have been there '' ( knowing he denied this initially) - but this friendly to a point manner

What detectives now have to sift through is what he didnt tell them

Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice post and though I havent bothered to watch the police interviews - your account reads like someone who is happy to go to a line and not cross it

He would have calculated it all out while sitting on the floor of his house , and the paddy wagon and the cell etc and decided to tell most but not all

''Yeah Huntingdale I lived there for years and knew about the break ins etc''

' I worked a lot of shifts around Claremont so yeah I would have been there '' ( knowing he denied this initially) - but this friendly to a point manner

What detectives now have to sift through is what he didnt tell them

Can you elaborate further on your comment here please "your account reads like someone who is happy to go to a line and not cross it" im genuinely interested to understand further as to what you mean by this?

That aside yes I do certainly agree with the comments you just made though with respects to BRE, but that said and its unfortunate that we cannot access the audio file of the interview such as when it was on the Supreme Court Website last year because if you did listen to it you might get a better understanding as to why i was pretty specific about it and why it actually is pretty remarkable, the whole loose reply's to questions where its never really a yeah or a nah but rather just a rounded amalgamated acknowledgment is something many people use, but seriously that approach doesn't and wouldn't stack up to a 6 hour interview like old mates, you end up leaving yourself to wide open, when this approach is used by the accused they start out answering just as you've mentioned as soon as they start sensing they're box in and the walls are closing in on them thats when they start replying with the "no comment" "no comment" to every question and pretty much as soon as that tone is set by them the detectives wrap the interview up and concluded it within a matter of minutes really.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Can you elaborate further on your comment here please "your account reads like someone who is happy to go to a line and not cross it" im genuinely interested to understand further as to what you mean by this?
BRE was happy to go to a line and not cross it

Acknowledge knowing the people and places , admit to being somewhere but never admit to a specific criminal act

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That aside yes I do certainly agree with the comments you just made though with respects to BRE, but that said and its unfortunate that we cannot access the audio file of the interview such as when it was on the Supreme Court Website last year
Do courts routinely make audio recordings available?

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
'the commission identified the complexity of the laws as a key cause of hundreds of errors over 17 years. This included 96 cases of people not being registered when they should have been, 43 cases where people were registered when they should not have been, and more than 600 cases where offenders’ reporting periods were calculated to be either too long or too short.
Errors led to at least 13 wrongful convictions and eight people were unlawfully imprisoned as a result, according to the commission.'

'the legislation made it difficult to know which offences were registrable, required a significant amount of detail to determine a person’s registration obligations, and led to inconsistent decisions because of ambiguity.'

One can only imagine what a dogs, horses and llama's breakfast the sex offenders and sex offenders treatment program registers* were back in the WA dark ages.

*the non-existent at the time registers that BRE should have been put on, that should have have been used decades earlier to flag him as a POI/suspect and likely resulted in his arrest and conviction of some of the crimes he eventually pleaded guilty or was found guilty of.

mrskafoops

Debutant
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

That aside yes I do certainly agree with the comments you just made though with respects to BRE, but that said and its unfortunate that we cannot access the audio file of the interview such as when it was on the Supreme Court Website last year because if you did listen to it you might get a better understanding as to why i was pretty specific about it and why it actually is pretty remarkable, the whole loose reply's to questions where its never really a yeah or a nah but rather just a rounded amalgamated acknowledgment is something many people use, but seriously that approach doesn't and wouldn't stack up to a 6 hour interview like old mates, you end up leaving yourself to wide open, when this approach is used by the accused they start out answering just as you've mentioned as soon as they start sensing they're box in and the walls are closing in on them thats when they start replying with the "no comment" "no comment" to every question and pretty much as soon as that tone is set by them the detectives wrap the interview up and concluded it within a matter of minutes really.
Perhaps the recording can be released under the freedom of information act?

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
A sexual assault related crime article in Today's West Australian newspaper, with links to UWA + Martial Arts (Judo) + Claremont, got my attention in a scan of the headlines this morning.

Two Perth men involved. One has done a runner.

One charged in with being an accessory after the fact in helping the other leave the country
One of them is only a few years older than BRE. The other might be around that generation too.

You'd think that WAPOL might be having a close look to see if any of the unsolved crime cases around the Western Suburbs from maybe as early as the late 80's, where BRE was also a potential suspect, might be in some way linked to at least the bloke accused of sexual assault.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 6.51.29 pm.png

mrskafoops

Debutant
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
A sexual assault related crime article in Today's West Australian newspaper, with links to UWA + Martial Arts (Judo) + Claremont, got my attention in a scan of the headlines this morning.

One charged in with being an accessory after the fact in helping the other leave the country
One of them is only a few years older than BRE. The other might be around that generation too.

You'd think that WAPOL might be having a close look to see if any of the unsolved crime cases around the Western Suburbs from maybe as early as the late 80's, where BRE was also a potential suspect, might be in some way linked to at least the bloke accused of sexual assault.

View attachment 1163698
Whoa 😳

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

View attachment 1163698
Darker hair , olive skin -as a younger person he fits the broad description of some

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder why the Dorothy perp let Dorothy go? That seems strange to me…
It was a strange sort of attack and utterly terrifying, no idea why he let her go but maybe he thought she was good as dead when he left her. I wonder if the police have ever revisited that crime and run modern tests over the evidence, if there's any there.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

View attachment 1163698
Is this the martial arts guy who was interviewed over the Claremont murders? Was he around when Julie Cutler went missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Is this the martial arts guy who was interviewed over the Claremont murders?
I hope not, as the "Judo Man" you refer to in your opening Bunker post, is still listed on the UWA Judo Club website as the current Club President/Club Founder and a Club Mentor, and Peter Swan pictured in that West Article, and who is the 1 of the 2 facing charges (the other is only reported to be under investigation), who did not do a runner, is listed as current Treasurer and a Coach.

The un-named Judo Coach in the West's article I posted yesterday on this, is probably another ex-Coach from that Judo Club (which is not owned or run by UWA). It is being reported that he is not being named by the media 'primarily' to protect the identity of the alleged sexual assault victim.
There is no indication in the article of how many years ago the alleged sexual assault took place. So it could be as far back as 1989.

The Judo Man in your opening 9 Nov 2018 Bunker post here

'In the Bunker we can more safely discuss the history of the investigation, the rumours and the scandal, former suspects, persons of interest, Claremont murders inspired books, Mystery Man in the Rimmer cctv who it appears will irritatingly remain a mystery and is the place where bad theories go to die.
Anything that might risk derailing the dedicated trial thread can go in here. Expect occasional buffoonery and random CSK mayhem so put your stack hat on and buckle up.
Persons of interest to officially suspect, include Peter Weygers the former Mayor of Claremont, Lance Williams RIP, Judo Man, the IT expert who tried to pick up a young girl on the Stirling Highway, Mosman Park and Mark Dixie who raped and stabbed a girl in her apartment before leaving Australia. He went on to murder Sally Ann Bowman back in the UK and is currently serving life in prison.'

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
Oh, I didn't think of that. Can't they say if it was a suicide?
There are some rules (not really rules like laws, but more like the done thing) about "responsible reporting of suicide in print, broadcasting and social media". If it was suicide it probably doesn't need to be reported in the media.

zedx

All Australian
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are some rules (not really rules like laws, but more like the done thing) about "responsible reporting of suicide in print, broadcasting and social media". If it was suicide it probably doesn't need to be reported in the media.
Yes you are right, also the report of a suicide has been know to set others to take the same path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad