Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the WA Today Coverage:
Edwards 'never nominated' as a suspect: WA Police Commissioner

WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said Bradley Edwards had not come onto investigators’ radar as a suspect, despite officers probing a connection to a Telstra worker.

Edwards worked as a Telstra technician his whole life, and witnesses in his trial recalled a car bearing a Telstra/Telecom logo cruising the streets of Claremont around the time of the murders.
Police alleged he used his work-issue car to abduct the women from the nightlife district.
“The Telstra connection was a very important part which resulted in further investigation opportunities,” Mr Dawson said.
“Telstra vehicles were part of it but taxis were an early part of the investigation.
“We never had Bradley Edwards nominated by anyone as a suspect. That’s a curious factor I can relay to you now.
“We are duty-bound to investigate the information that’s in front of us.”
Mr Dawson said police interviewed Lance Williams as a suspect a number of times, and it was “a matter of duty” for officers to investigate, despite turning up no evidence against him. He was eventually dismissed as a suspect.
Mr Williams died in 2018 after a battle with cancer.
“We appreciate that there is a lot of anguish ... but [Mr Williams] was part of the investigation,” Mr Dawson said.
The Thin Blue Line ... of bullshit

He may trust someone who is in custody with him. He’s only human and cons make friendships, even in protective wings.

A problem is that he may only know the general vicinity of where the body is. He may have gone to a very isolated location during the night with no distinct landmarks. So even if he did confess then it may be difficult to find.
The police would want more than a ''general area'' confession brought to them by another prisoner

Too many times we have had '' I shared a cell with a serial killer and he told me he did it '' newspaper headlines

No, they simply didn't think mild-mannered Brad had it in him.

The footage isn't great either. But that combined with Jane meeting Bogsey throws a few more knowns into the situation.

By the time they released the CCTV, who would even think to place him there.

The 2nd wife was scared shitless of him. Maybe she recognised him as MM? maybe thats why she checked his bank records? maybe she found a sandwich bag full of Jizz? that would scare the sh*t out of me.
I'm thinking wife 2 was scared of BRE for the same reason as wife 1's lover, because BRE had a gun and base ball bat under his bed.

No, they simply didn't think mild-mannered Brad had it in him.

The footage isn't great either. But that combined with Jane meeting Bogsey throws a few more knowns into the situation.

By the time they released the CCTV, who would even think to place him there.

The 2nd wife was scared shitless of him. Maybe she recognised him as MM? maybe thats why she checked his bank records? maybe she found a sandwich bag full of Jizz? that would scare the sh*t out of me.
I also don't think his family thought he was mild mannered. He has admitted he has a temper which he finds hard to control. His family would of been well aware of this.

I'm thinking wife 2 was scared of BRE for the same reason as wife 1's lover, because BRE had a gun and base ball bat under his bed.

After so long with him and his passive aggressive game playing, she might have been nearly ready to go right over the edge. He would have had her thinking she was crazy and it's possible he had her isolated and everybody else in their immediate circle turned against her.

I also don't think his family thought he was mild mannered. He has admitted he has a temper which he finds hard to control. His family would of been well aware of this.

This might be better for the rumours file in the Bunker but whispers have been flying around for some time that both boys have vicious, explosive tempers that have ruined more than a couple of BBQs.

After so long with him and his passive aggressive game playing, she might have been nearly ready to go right over the edge. He would have had her thinking she was crazy and it's possible he had her isolated and everybody else in their immediate circle turned against her.
Classic Gaslighting. Which psychopaths are extremely adept at. Reckon you might be on the money there Kurve.

So this victim believes he was 'practicing', I can't wait to hear her reasoning. Didn't some one on here say something similar recently?

We have all been saying it for years on the forums - blitz attack from behind - cloth over the mouth or sock inserted or tea towel etc - takes 2 secs (gagged).
We now know BRE had been honing his skills since 1988 HD when he was 20 years old
Entering homes "stealth like" like a ninja
BRE could have been honing his skills with younger bro TE wrestling since he could walk
The Tasmanian woman who accepted a lift @ Stirling Hwy from BRE (to her car in Innaloo) said SHE DID NOT HEAR BRE LEAVE HIS CAR - he was SUDDENLY upon her and had grabbed her wrist - when she did her "blue belt" judo move and said she'd "deck him" and not to try anything more

Last edited:
There is no reason to believe that BRE was anything other than significantly deviant sexually from a young age. I think that morphed into psychopathy. I wish he had gotten some early help.
I have a slightly different view. I think he would have been exhibiting clear elements of psychopathy around 10/11 and that the sexual deviancy was either an extension of that or operating in tandem. I would love to hear from his primary school teachers. I reckon there would be similarities to Venables and Thompson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to be concerned about but I need to tidy up these threads a bit. To start I'll be moving all Mystery Man discussion and general theorising on where Sarah might be into the Bunker. From the Bunker I will move legal analysis and discussion relating to Justice Hall's judgement into this thread.

Bear with me while I try to pull the fabric of the two threads back into some shape. I don't think we're ready to retire the Bunker yet.

The police would want more than a ''general area'' confession brought to them by another prisoner

Too many times we have had '' I shared a cell with a serial killer and he told me he did it '' newspaper headlines

Yes, I think we're well past buying into self serving jailhouse snitches stories on their own.

After the HH attack he himself declared to the psych he was bad tempered and needed to get it under control IIRC
For those not following at home, the second highlighted part:
1601190092025.png

Now the first highlighted part interests me....I reckon he was super close with his parents and depended on them for a lot of balancing of his emotions etc.

His parent were away overseas on 2 of the attacks, I think he had nobody to talk to during these periods which was a contributing factor. I would be keen to know how much of his optinions and feelings he did express to his folks and how many red flags are popping up for them at the moment.

For those not following at home, the second highlighted part:
View attachment 971906

Now the first highlighted part interests me....I reckon he was super close with his parents and depended on them for a lot of balancing of his emotions etc.

His parent were away overseas on 2 of the attacks, I think he had nobody to talk to during these periods which was a contributing factor. I would be keen to know how much of his optinions and feelings he did express to his folks and how many red flags are popping up for them at the moment.
That highlighted part you are referring to is just him trying to appease the psych or whoever is listening.
Trust me. 😉

That highlighted part you are referring to is just him trying to appease the psych or whoever is listening.
Trust me. 😉
I do find it interesting the difference between discussions....first time her talks about not knowing what set him off, then I think he has a 2nd interview and seems to divulge a bit more about the 1st wife cheating with an ex
1601190769154.png

We have all been saying it for years on the forums - blitz attack from behind - cloth over the mouth or sock inserted or tea towel etc - takes 2 secs (gagged).
We now know BRE had been honing his skills since 1988 HD when he was 20 years old
Entering homes "stealth like" like a ninja
BRE could have been honing his skills with younger bro TE wrestling since he could walk
The Tasmanian woman who accepted a lift @ Stirling Hwy from BRE (to her car in Innaloo) said SHE DID NOT HEAR BRE LEAVE HIS CAR - he was SUDDENLY upon her and had grabbed her wrist - when she did her "blue belt" judo move and said she'd "deck him" and not to try anything more
if you put any credence into the Living Witnesses testimonies then the blitz attack theory doesn't ring true. They all got in the vehicle/s willingly....

if you put any credence into the Living Witnesses testimonies then the blitz attack theory doesn't ring true. They all got in the vehicle/s willingly....
I have given up on finding a consistent MO with Edwards.

In Huntingdale he broke into someone’s house and attacked her in her bed.

In HH he acted on seeming impulse in a fairly public place and attacked Ms Davis in a blitz style attack.

In KK he aggressively abducted her off the street in a quiet park area.

In Ciara’s case he appeared to lure her into the vehicle by offering a lift.

In Jane’s case he may have known her; he may have lured her somehow; or he may have taken advantage of her being drunk & hitchhiking and gotten her in a blitz attack. Any of these are plausible and I can’t rule any out because of his other crimes.

I think the incident in Innaloo is equally as plausible as the women who think they were offered lifts by him around Claremont.

I have given up on finding a consistent MO with Edwards.

In Huntingdale he broke into someone’s house and attacked her in her bed.

In HH he acted on seeming impulse in a fairly public place and attacked Ms Davis in a blitz style attack.

In KK he aggressively abducted her off the street in a quiet park area.

In Ciara’s case he appeared to lure her into the vehicle by offering a lift.

In Jane’s case he may have known her; he may have lured her somehow; or he may have taken advantage of her being drunk & hitchhiking and gotten her in a blitz attack. Any of these are plausible and I can’t rule any out because of his other crimes.

I think the incident in Innaloo is equally as plausible as the women who think they were offered lifts by him around Claremont.

There is a constant theme though. All attacks either had prepared bonds and gags, or they can be inferred from the fact the murder victims were transported long distances.

This means each and every attack was prepared for; but perhaps none of the attacks were planned (asides from Huntingdale). Most likely BRE went out on the prowl tooled up in case he got lucky.

Last edited:
There is a constant theme though. All attacks either had prepared bonds and gags, or they can be imputed from the fact the murder victims were transported long distances.

This means each and every attack was prepared for; but perhaps none of the attacks were planned (asides from Huntingdale). Most likely BRE went out on the prowl tooled up in case he got lucky.
We don’t know that at all.

As far as I know there is no forensic evidence to show Jane and Ciara were gagged and/or bound.

If Jane was gagged, how was she screaming in Wellard? And how did both women have defensive wounds on their arms that were likely flung up to protect themselves?

We have no conclusive knowledge of what transpired in those cars. Jane and Edwards could have been chatting the whole time for all we know, with Jane having no idea of the danger she was in. In Ciara’s case we don’t even have a reference point for how long she was in the car and whether she was even conscious for all of that period of time.

By actually getting every cop and police station staff, that had ever worked in the last 10 years in a wide areas of Perth to list any sex related crimes/assaults or possible sex motive ones, they had worked on or knew about.

And got them to do it both verbally and then again in writing, and gone back to all of them every 3 months to ask if they could recall any more.

Some good old fashioned detective work.
Starting with investigating themselves.

My thinking on this might be explained better.

I know for a fact psychologists/criminologists/profilers would have told investigators if they didn't already know it, the CSK was almost certainly already in their files and that he would have come to their attention before. That he was right under their noses.

The cops are saying he didn't stand out because the HH attack was only listed as an assault. Seriously? The victim was a woman but that aside I'm suggesting that surely someone in there would have known that sometimes plead down common assaults do in fact have a sexual element and that they might be blind to it unless they scratch the surface. That perhaps they should then look at who was ordered onto a sex offenders program, just in case.

Even if they asked for a list of whoever had been on it in the prior five years, it probably still would have taken less than a day to pin him to take a harder look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back