Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep still had the licence based on reports but she would know better

"
The 17-year-old was abducted from Rowe Park opposite the Claremont Showground subway in February 1995, and raped at Karrakatta Cemetery.

Post editor Bret Christian wrote that her attacker handled the victim’s driver’s licence, which was later found discarded by a young local girl.

He reported that detectives investigating the sex assault did not doorknock in the area. It was not until more than a year later when Macro task force investigators looking for the killer of Sarah Spiers and Ms Rimmer did, and obtained the licence"

I cant remember the specifics but I know he was taken off Macro & facing charges from the ACCC over an incident when he was with the drug squad. I have a vague idea it was something to do with missing drugs but not certain. His charges stemmed from their investigation & Im pretty sure he beat them eventually, but it was hanging over his head for a while.
I think she still had it.

There was a Royal Commission into Police Corruption in WA in 2003/2004 (Kennedy Royal Commission). Ferguson's name was mentioned and it was do with Stolen Diamonds and the person accused of stealing them was also accused of being a drug dealer.

These are all in PDF format...

Final Report - Part 1

Final Report Part 2
www.parliament.wa.gov.au/intranet/libpages.nsf/WebFiles/Royal+Commission+into+whether+there+has+been+any+corrupt+or+criminal+Conduct+by+Western+Australian+Police+officer+Final+report+Volume+2+part+1/$FILE/WA+police+vol+2+part+1.pdf

"I know he was taken off Macro & facing charges from the ACCC over an incident when he was with the drug squad"

I think you meant the CCC (CORRUPTION AND CRIME COMMISSION), here is their report for 2003/2004

This is the only transcript i have found so far that mentions Ferguson...

Listening to Gary Adsheads podcast - released February

The damsels in distress line and a Telecom van get mentioned numerous times. The police even knew of them at the time.

I wonder if there was a mix up with LW and a different path could have been taken?

I think you meant the CCC (CORRUPTION AND CRIME COMMISSION), here is their report for 2003/2004
No I didnt mean the CCC. I meant the ACC not ACCC. Anti-Corruption Commission.

He was charged with giving false testimony to them 27 March 1998. Jury trial early 2001 on 8 charges. I dont have the details at hand.

UPDATE - He was charged with Perjury for allegedly lying to ACC over his & another officers drug taking (according to West Australian 31May2001). Found not guilty on 6 charges on 28May01, 2 undecided and withdrawn.

Last edited:
No I didnt mean the CCC. I meant the ACC not ACCC. Anti-Corruption Commission.

He was charged with giving false testimony to them 27 March 1998. Jury trial early 2001 on 8 charges. I dont have the details at hand.

UPDATE - He was charged with Perjury for allegedly lying to ACC over his & another officers drug taking (according to West Australian 31May2001). Found not guilty on 6 charges on 28May01, 2 undecided and withdrawn.

Ah ok, right you are.... I found this in a WAPU news journal (Page 39), says what you have said.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 142
Ah ok, right you are.... I found this in a WAPU news journal (Page 39), says what you have said.

Thanks for finding that. Can we say trumped up charges? After 3 and a half years cleared of all charges.

But they took Ferguson off Macro sometime in 1997. Will be interested to find out if the new Macro head pulled the officers away from investigating links with the KK rape.

Monday 18 Nov 2019 - Channel 7 - Flashpoint.

(available for 10 weeks)

I'm only a couple of minutes in and it's irritating.

They claim on the Hollywood Hospital attack, he was simply given probation. Not really, he was ordered onto a sex offenders course.

With the KK rape, they claim 'she got away'. No, she didn't really get away he ran when he saw security. And it matters because imo the KK victim probably wasn't intended to make it out alive.

Lots is irritating @shellg I agree:

HH
Yes, a sex offenders course for months and months ! A quick/easy "common assault" when, it was anything but.

KK
Yes, she ran for her life when the opportunity arose and, for her smart/quick thinking...... we then had BRE's semen DNA !! BRAVO

Flashpoint states: the two (CG & JR) were buried.
I don't class covered with branches and torn trees "buried".

Tim McMillan "fibres from his old Telstra work pants found in an old car and near the bodies are "key" along with that Telstra knife"
Old Car - this hasn't been released before..... So which "old car" were the fibres found? We didn't know about the knife for years either.

We will "hear" from BRE in the 6hours of Police Interview taping in 2016
Where he lies about the Huntingdale night break in ? the Huntingdale attack at night ? Denies the KK rapes x 2 and "degrading acts" and anal rape. (5 charges)
Where he lied and denied for 6hrs during the interview - then..... 2+ years later "pleads guilty" to the 5 charges.

flip

I always end up with more questions......

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for finding that. Can we say trumped up charges? After 3 and a half years cleared of all charges.
Pretty much. 2 were discontinued. Its just ridiculous but for the record:

Found this article from the West dated 28May2001 stating he returned to non operational duties in November. Assume suspended from the time he was charged to the end of 2000. He "wants to continue his career" & "looks forward to catching up on what I've lost in the last few years".

Sen. Sgt Ferguson was charged in March 1998 with knowingly giving false evidence about his time in the drug squad in the early 1980s. The ACC was investigating alleged links between drug squad detectives and the theft and distribution of drugs.

His charges related to him saying he didnt smoke pot. The 2 the jury couldnt reach a verdict on related to him saying he didnt see any other cops smoke pot either. 2 woman testified. Outrageous!
"https://webarchive.nla.gov.au/awa/2...9/news/perth/tw-news-perth-home-sto10477.html

It's the first time I've watched that show. I won't watch it again but I wasn't sure, & still not sure if they said the SD no longer supported him but that she was a vulnerable witness. I thought they glossed over stuff too. I guess for the public that don;t get onto these blogs like the simple version because we all know they were not "buried". A couple of leaves & branch in no way classifies as being buried.
With that being said, as much as I truly feel for the victims & their families, I feel for the SD too. Perth is small, I already know one friend is friend's with her & every single person from LL would know who she was &b the rumour mill would be rife. We don't get to choose who our parent's marry. I also thought they were showing the photo ofhim with his second wife when they were referring to his first wife

Flashpoint - Well that was a pathetic display of journalism and reporting, but then that it is all i expect from the media nowadays. Channel 7 couldn't get any more accurate information from the coverage supplied by its sibling The West?

Tim McMillan "fibres from his old Telstra work pants found in an old car and near the bodies are "key" along with that Telstra knife"
"Old Car - this hasn't been released before..... So which "old car" were the fibres found? We didn't know about the knife for years either. "

The old car is the VS Commodore that used to be his work vehicle, and the fibres are from it, the same or similar fibres have were found on JR linking her to that car, not sure about fibres on CG, the way he worded it was terrible.

So the trial won't be live streamed, at all, as I understand. That's a shame.

I will probably attend a few sessions, the DCWA building is just down the road from my office.

So the trial won't be live streamed, at all, as I understand. That's a shame.

I will probably attend a few sessions, the DCWA building is just down the road from my office.

Forget The West, between us we've got this covered. ;)

Forget The West, between us we've got this covered. ;)

haha indeed :cool: I can understand the decision, assuming one was explicitly made, not to deploy the significant resources to livestream the trial but why not consider lifting the usual prohibition against using electronic devices etc and permitting certain persons who attend, journos etc, to (audio) stream the proceeding? It opens a can of worms, I know, but just make it happen :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back