Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So there's fireworks BRE wanted his wife to go see with him and apparent fireworks SS was watching from a vantage point in Kings Park ... which fireworks were they?

The ones that took place 24 hours after Sarah vanished from Claremont.

apparent fireworks SS was watching from a vantage point in Kings Park

I don't think it's even possible that there was a small fireworks show in Kings Park, at the end of the Concert in Kings Park.
Due to the constant bushfire risk in Kings Park.

I would assume that when it was reported Sarah was in Kings Park on Australia Day, that someone(s) wrongly assumed it was for the annual Fireworks show on the Swan River which is usually on Australia Day, and that people get seated to watch from early on in the day, what with the huge crowds it normally draws in the Park, and around both sides of the Swan River Foreshore for miles and miles, including all the way down to UWA.

The night Sarah disappeared BRE had asked his wife to go with him to the fireworks. Maybe he meant the following night and he went off in a foul mood to take it out on someone else.

I'll try and find a link for this somewhere.

How does this place Sarah at the Skyshow though? Given she vanished the night before it was held.

How does this place Sarah at the Skyshow though? Given she vanished the night before it was held.

Sarah was not at the Skyshow

Court documents publicly released clearly state that it was Mandurah Australia Day 26 January 1996 fireworks that the accused invited his first wife to go to that same night he arrived at her parents place unannounced.

Court documents that initially stated that his first wife recalled those fireworks as either being in Rockingham or Mandurah.

Court documents that later clarified that WAPOL had thereafter established that in 1996 there were only 26 January Australia Day fireworks in Mandurah, that night.

Sarah was not at the Skyshow

Court documents publicly released clearly state that it was Mandurah Australia Day 26 January 1996 fireworks that the accused invited his first wife to go to that same night he arrived at her parents place unannounced.

Court documents that initially stated that his first wife recalled those fireworks as either being in Rockingham or Mandurah.

Court documents that later clarified that WAPOL had thereafter established that in 1996 there were only 26 January Australia Day fireworks in Mandurah, that night.

Interesting.

Wonder where BE went after the in laws place?

Are you saying you've seen something that might connect Sarah to the fireworks at Mandurah?
No it maybe coincidence.
Just added it in, in case it was overlooked .
Might be totally off topic.
perhaps ss had mentioned going to mandurah?
And one of the contributing factors of his drive to mandurah looking for his daughter

With the trial coming up soon, I thought I would read the entire thread to catch up....It took many days!
I am puzzled by the sandwich bags....I can accept that some blokes use them, but cant fathom as to why anyone would actually keep them!....That seems quite odd. Surely anyone who used one for that purpose would dispose of it not long after using it, not keep it in a box?
I do wonder if the keeping of them started sometime around the news reporting that the KK rape DNA matched the CSK DNA and there was some type of desire to avoid the risk of someone ever finding his DNA??
I also think that the finding of a Telecom issued knife on the same day in the same area as a victim was found should have started ringing a lot more alarm bells than it seemed to! "When you hear hoofbeats in the night, look for horses — not zebras", ergo: if you find a telecom knife close to a murder scene, think telecom, not taxis...

i dont recall this knife being found on the same day. i believe it was sometime before the body was discovered? and wasnt Jane's watch found somewhere nearby before the body was found?

i dont recall this knife being found on the same day. i believe it was sometime before the body was discovered? and wasnt Jane's watch found somewhere nearby before the body was found?

The knife was found the same day, the watch iirc a bit later. It had come off her wrist.

Its in the media thread, #64

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there's fireworks BRE wanted his wife to go see with him and apparent fireworks SS was watching from a vantage point in Kings Park ... which fireworks were they?
I listened to it again and it said Sarah and her friends are planning a picnic for an open aired concert in Kings Park. Maybe they were doing it at either the friend in Mosman Park's place as she had been there earlier in the day or at their flat in South Perth.

The knife was found the same day, the watch iirc a bit later. It had come off her wrist.

Its in the media thread, #64

news report has the watch found the same day that screams were heard in wellard which was 55 days before the body was found. telstra knife found 2 months after body

news report has the watch found the same day that screams were heard in wellard which was 55 days before the body was found. telstra knife found 2 months after body

Screams were heard in Wellard?

interesting

No idea who's got it right or wrong, might be Debi Marshal on the watch this time? I might remove her page before it confuses everything.

This article claims the watch was found later the same day Jane went missing, on the road.

https://thewest.com.au/news/claremo...JHxLKM2vvIVoVr0ASyFlzBaD_01aCmy6lrRTvwhRX4ojI

No idea who's got it right or wrong, might be Debi Marshal on the watch this time? I might remove her page before it confuses everything.

This article claims the watch was found later the same day Jane went missing, on the road.

https://thewest.com.au/news/claremo...JHxLKM2vvIVoVr0ASyFlzBaD_01aCmy6lrRTvwhRX4ojI

Court Docs say the same day she was found.

"Ms Rimmer's naked body was discovered in bushland off Woolcott Road, Wellard on 3 August 1996. The body was concealed with branches which were torn from nearby trees. A knife with a Telecom Australia logo was found on Woolcott Road on the same day. "

telstra knife found 2 months after body
Lots of articles have misreported the facts detailed in court.

Knife found the day her body was found as detailed by Bonza above.

Theres no mention of the watch in court docs aside from the most recent rulings on late evidence stating the woman who'd found it had made 2 prior statements about it.

Barge in the Swan River right in front of the CBD and South Perth. Possibly; 2 barges in 1996

The Trots fireworks may have been visible from Kings Park but, don't think they did them on Australia day (?) I'm getting confused about which fireworks everyone is talking about now too. M'rah I have never been to only the Skyworks on The Swan River - never missed a year yet (apart from the cancelled one with plane death).
Gloucester Park did race Friday January 26 but the last race was at 8.45pm.

The West Australian Newspaper needs to seriously lift its game when it comes to quality control and editing of it's True Crime content.

If it expects readers to subscribe and pay for its exclusive content, it needs to spend some of that money on proof reading both it's digital and paper editions, and get things right the first time.

Today's edition's ballsup I highlight below from the Pressreader edition of the West is ridiculous.
It's the sort of stuff up, that even a class of 1st year high school students (those that can read) would likely pick up in a flash.
(it's X rated and not recommend for year 8 students).

If someone could confirm whether this error is in both the paper copy (page 4-5) and on the paywalled subscribers only thewest.com.au digital edition that would be interesting.

FROM BOWL-CUT TEEN TO CLAREMONT KILLER?
Gosnells schooldays of 'Bogsy' - the accused triple murderer

TIM CLARKE
LEGAL AFFAIRS EDITOR
The Weekend West
November 23-24, 2018

...Much more personal detail - including Mr Edwards' alleged fetish for underwear - is set to be revealed when the State's most keenly anticipated murder trial finally begins on Monday ...

... What won't be included in those prosecutions plans will be previously aired allegations about Mr Edwards fetish for women's underwear beginning in the early 90's - just months after that school photo was taken....

Most of the rest of the article after this point, recaps the naughty bits of evidence that Justice Hall has already ruled as irrelevant and inadmissible at trial,
abruptly climaxing with

She also alleged he would masturbate into a sandwich bag before tying it up with a women's hair tie.

Firstly, readers who only get as far as the bit stating that the accused's fetish for underwear will be evidence in the trial, are being fed a false fact.

Secondly, placing a huge picture of his whole Year 8 class photo, with none of the 26 students and 1 teacher's faces redacted, above a page devoted to re-hashing the already ruled inadmissible allegations of accused's alleged fetishes, is what I would call both an invasion of privacy, and entirely inappropriate.

Wouldn't an article with a headline of the accused Gosnells schooldays, likely leaving some readers with the impression that the accused's fetish for underwear and more took place from when he was a first year High School student, and possibly involve some of the students in the school photo.
(Which may well be the case, but that's not my point).

If the West can redact the faces of his Crocs Masters footy team-mates, how come they can't do it for his Year 8 class-mates?

If this was a trial by Jury, and a few days before the trial an article dedicated mostly to already ruled inadmissible evidence was published like this,
it would be Seven Media that would likely be on trial shortly thereafter.

Lastly, I wonder if the West Australian Newspaper got permission from all those in the Year 8 class photo, to publish it, or are they going to have to pull it and issue a front page apology?

Edit: Back in a March 2019 court document, the prosecution already stated that all underwear fetish propensity circumstantial evidence for the case was of no relevance to the 3 murder charges. So I don't see how they can possibly now bring it up as propensity evidence for any of the murder charges.

3 (a) The conduct of the accused in wearing, collecting and/or maintaining a collection of women's underwear and garments.
As regards 3(a), the defence accepts that this evidence is relevant and admissible with respect to counts 1 and 2 and the State does not assert any relevance beyond that

Last edited:
And another thing......

FROM BOWL-CUT TEEN TO CLAREMONT KILLER?
Gosnells schooldays of 'Bogsy' - the accused triple murderer

TIM CLARKE
LEGAL AFFAIRS EDITOR
The Weekend West
November 23-24, 2018

p4
His former classmates were yesterday reluctant to say anything about their former schoolyard companion

Message to Tim (if you are reading - if you are not, you or one of your minion's should be)

- is publishing the unredacted faces of all of the accused's Year 8 GHS class,
anything to do with their alleged refusal to provide information (or the approval to use their information) to you or your workmates?

Last edited:

Thanks for that link bonzaram
From the link here :

"In 2009, a forensic examination revealed the presence of a mixed DNA profile originating from at least two individuals in a sample from two fingernails on the left hand of Ms Glennon.
The mixed DNA profile is consistent with coming from two contributors, being Ms Glennon and a male."

Left hand ciara glennon?
And there's that photo with what looks like a mark near his (right) eye.
Wondering if there was injuries noticed by close friends / family that will provide evidence ?

Links to photo of bra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back