Delisted Claye Beams (2009-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne Beams on bro Claye:

The 23-year-old midfielder said the injury had been "extremely frustrating", but it had been put into perspective by the season-ending knee injury suffered by his brother, Brisbane's Claye Beams.

Dayne said: "I had never torn a muscle before, so it was a different feeling. "Claye is laying up on the couch and it is just so disappointing for him. I've really got nothing to complain about."

Knee victims start rehab
May 21, 2013
Sam Lord

Claye Beams and Stephen Wrigley have returned to the Hyundai Centre to begin their rehabilitation from full knee reconstructions.

Wrigley ruptured his ACL during a NEAFL pre-season practice match on the eve of the 2013 season, while Beams suffered a similar season-ending injury at training in the lead-up to the team’s Round 3 clash against Gold Coast.

Both have since spent some time ‘resting up’ after undergoing surgery, and will now commence their journey down the long road to recovery. “The two ACL boys are back on deck and have kicked off their rehab,” Strength & Conditioning Coach Matt Hass told LIONS TV as part of the Bupa Recovery Report.“They’ll be brothers in arms during the rehab process. Hopefully we’ll see them back fighting fit in 10-12 months.”

The pair will take great inspiration from Brent Staker’s storybook return with the senior team last Saturday after two consecutive knee reconstructions.

Show your colours
May 23, 2013

Injured Brisbane Lions midfielder and home-grown Queenslander Claye Beams has put his support behind a campaign designed to encourage visiting and local Brisbane fans to ‘show their colours’ during what promises to be a big month of football in June.

Beams joined the Lord Mayor of Brisbane Graham Quirk on Wednesday to help launch a month of footy fever in The City.

Beams_Interview-article.jpg

His injury still stings, and I can't imagine how it feels for him. He was set for such a big year.

Yeah, he has been somewhat of the forgotten man hasn't he.

His injury certainly opened the door for Mayes, who looks to be playing a very similar role that Beams played late last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams Up and Running
July 16, 2013
Sam Lord

Claye Beams has been one of the hard luck stories for the Brisbane Lions this season.

After finally finding a regular spot in the senior side towards the end of last year, Beams was a standout on the training track over summer and looked set to for a breakout AFL season in 2013.

But a training mishap on the eve of Round 3 would force the young Queenslander to undergo a full knee reconstruction and spend 12 months in rehabilitation.

In just three months since the incident, Beams has made some serious inroads with his recovery.

“My rehab’s actually gone really well, I’m probably a few weeks ahead of schedule,” Beams told Fancast co-hosts Dom Fay and Michael Whiting in a recent interview for LIONS TV.

Hope he has an uninjured 2014...He might be behind a few players as far as senior selection, but he'll no doubt push for a spot.
With Black more then likely retiring in 2014, I see Beams' easily in our best 22.

He already is IMO in our best 22. He can play a variety of roles and will be a prime mover in a few years.
He has been in our best 22 for a while but more or less as a rotating mid, with Black retiring I see him getting a permanent position in the midfield in 2014.

He has been in our best 22 for a while but more or less as a rotating mid, with Black retiring I see him getting a permanent position in the midfield in 2014.

Definitely, I would like to see take over Moloney and play a similar role to Beamer.

With Black gone, it will be easier, but its also going to be interesting to see who we draft, and how the other rookies come along (Hayes, Newell, Cal)

Im confident he'll be back in the best 22 at some time next year, but will take a bit of the season for him to get back, especially after a reco.

Was looking through some old pictures from the 2012 Carlton match at the Gabba and saw Beams in frame. Can't wait to see him back next year.

Depending on how he bounces back from the knee injury, he's one who could potentially have a breakout year next season. Many players take 12 months to get form back though, so I'm not expecting that at all in 2014. Will just be great to see him back out there.

Seems like his rehab is going as good as it possibly could which is a great start. Certainly a player outside our best 22 that can have an impact next year. Probably takes Black's spot if he doesn't play on, still leaving Doc's spot for perhaps pick 7 mid if they are ready for some games.

Hoping Green can get a bit of midfield time this year, I think Beams/Green/Zorko are a good mix to have rotating, 1 in the middle and the other two across half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back