Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt, also being a Detroit fan would be just as hard, 1 playoff win in 60 years.

It will serve to make success that little bit sweeter.
Nek minnut
Has,am gives a giant fu to Cleveland after this parade and moves the team to St. Louis

Ogbah had a good year, what are you talking about?

Oh and did you read this article or was it too positive for ya?

Good year? 0-16

Ohh that's right, stat boys

I forgot that's how we judge seasons, stats.

By the way, there were guys playing on the d-line today that he would do well to study up on, instead of the parade.

Then again he might feel shame ;)

I hope everyone had a good xmas and new year. What a depressing season. Only hit me half way through the replay of the Pittsburgh game that I've watched every snap of an 0-16 season TWICE, wtf is wrong with me. Glad it's over.

Not a great start to the off-season with this parade. Fans fighting with fans, fans fighting with players. Truly a new low. Anyway we have Our Super Bowl to look forward to on April 28th. Gonna give my thoughts on the whole 53 roster soon. Dorsey is in a great position to turn this team around quickly, just has to make the right decisions. Oh yeah and fire Hue. Props to everyone that's still a fan of this pathetic franchise, respect to you all.

Gonna post a few thoughts on just about every player on the roster and say whether I'd keep or cut them. Would like other people to give their thoughts on them as well. I'll start with the biggest problem this team has had since the return; the QB room.

DeShone Kizer: I like DK7. Great mobility and it was nice to have a durable QB for once. Was asked to run a vertical offence fit for Carson Palmer when everybody knew he wasn't ready to start in the NFL. Was terrible but worked his ass off. Through it all he acted with more class than his head coach, GM and owner combined. The former two having thrown him under the bus on several occasions. Total class act who I hope has a career in the NFL for the next ten years.

It won't be as the starter in Cleveland however. Jackson has poisoned any potential this kid had, it's not all Huecifers fault though. Some of the mistakes he made I would expect a high school kid to avoid. Just not a smart player and wildly inaccurate. Has a passer rating of 0.0 outside of the pocket, that's absurd. Must have broken the record for number of red zone turnovers. He needs to be QB3 on our depth chart next year and work on his processing and accuracy (though he'll always be an innacurate QB). Id keep him, worth nothing on the trade table and we won't find a better option as QB3.

Cody Kessler: I'll start by saying that if Cody had started all 16 games in an offence built around his strengths we would have won a game. Kizer threw multiple games away that Kessler just wouldn't have. However Hue is determined to adjust his offence for no one and in that case Kizer was the better option. The regression of Kessler is an indictment on this so called "QB guru". He was absolutely awful in the limited time he got. He's an accurate dink and dunk game manager. When asked to run a down field passing attack with Spencer Drango as his left tackle you get a sack party. Can't move in the pocket to save his life, holds the ball an eternity. Was a terrible pick and he'll be cut. Bye Cody.

Kevin Hogan: it's a tough call between Hogans throw into quadruple coverage against the Ravens and Kizers pick in the back of the end zone targeting Crow against Cincinnati for dumbest INT of the year. Might just give the edge to DeShone for the sheer body of work of stupid picks that he's put together. Anyway Hogan's gone. Dorsey already cut him once and I'd be stunned if he doesn't do it again.

Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf will interview for a position in the Browns' front office Tuesday.

Wolf was passed over for the Packers' general manager job, and it looks like he is ready to move on to pastures new. New Browns GM John Dorsey worked in the Packers' front office for two decades, and he has already stolen away ex-Packers senior personnel executive Alonzo Highsmith this January. It is likely Wolf follows Highsmith to Cleveland. A respected evaluator who will almost certainly land a general manager job at some point, Wolf would be a great hire for the Browns.

Source: Akron Beacon Journal

Dawned on me that in the Haslam setup that Dorsey is completely hamstrung in getting rid of Depodesta and his boys. Depodesta reports directly to Haslam.

Only alternative he has is to stack as many professionals as he can inside the building. So it is 3 v 3 so far.

Haslam probably feels he has all these guys on contract, fully guaranteed, and it's too cost effective to get rid of them all, and maybe he only needed to get rid of the real bad egg in Sashi Brown. That the others rather than be punted and he's still paying to do nothing, he can at least redesign what they do....seeing as they still report directly to him.

Browns fired senior personnel executive Ryan Grigson,

Grigson was fired as the Colts' GM less than a year ago and latched on with the Browns in May. He lasts just one season with the team with the Browns overhauling their front office and bringing in a bunch of talented ex-Packers executives. Grigson, 46 next month, has seen his career spiral the drain.
Related: Browns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browns fired senior personnel executive Ryan Grigson,

Grigson was fired as the Colts' GM less than a year ago and latched on with the Browns in May. He lasts just one season with the team with the Browns overhauling their front office and bringing in a bunch of talented ex-Packers executives. Grigson, 46 next month, has seen his career spiral the drain.
Related: Browns

Best thing he ever did for the Browns was give them a first round pick for Trent Richardson.

There you go! Very positive sign given he turned down the raiders....

Browns hired ex-Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf as assistant GM.

Wolf, 35, is an up-and-comer in the front office part of the sport and has interviewed for numerous GM jobs in recent years. He had turned most of them down in order to come back to Green Bay in hopes of eventually replacing Ted Thompson and follow in his father's, Hall of Famer Ron Wolf, footsteps as a Packers GM. But once Wolf was passed over in Green Bay in favor of Brian Gutekunst last week, Wolf was looking to leave. The Raiders also expressed interest, but Wolf will go to Cleveland to work as GM John Dorsey's righthand man after Dorsey was in Green Bay from 2000-2012.

Remember that Sashi got fired for botching the McCarron trade, nothing else.

It remains to be seen how many of the front office stay or go.

It seemed Grigson had a consulting role, not an intregal part of the front office

Perhaps Dorsey is on board with the plan !

:)

Browns fired run-game coordinator and RBs coach Kirby Wilson.

The longtime NFL RBs coach, Wilson takes the fall for the Browns' struggles, even though his running backs were the best parts of the Browns' offense, with Duke Johnson having a career year in 2017 and Isaiah Crowell having his best two rushing seasons under Wilson the past two years. Wilson should quickly resurface as an RBs coach while the Browns continue their OC search.

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon expects the Browns to have interest in acquiring Alex Smith this offseason.

It makes all the sense in the world from a dot-connecting standpoint. The Chiefs are fully expected to move on from Smith, even with him coming off his best pro season. Patrick Mahomes offers more upside, and the Chiefs believe Smith has taken them as far as he can already. In Cleveland is GM John Dorsey, who was the Chiefs' GM when they acquired Smith from the 49ers. Cleveland has a ton of cap space and can splurge at quarterback, where Smith carries a $20.9 million cap hit for 2018. The Browns need to add a veteran and high-end rookie at the position.

Source: ESPN.com

Browns hired ex-Bengals OC Ken Zampese as QBs coach.

Zampese interviewed for the Browns' OC gig, but he'll instead coach quarterbacks. It's an important job in Cleveland, however, as the Browns are expected to use the No. 1 or 4 overall pick on a signal caller. Coach Hue Jackson needs to develop whoever that pick is, and Zampese is going to play a big part.

Browns fired QBs coach David Lee.

He's been replaced by Ken Zampese. The Browns also pulled the plug on RBs coach Kirby Wilson, special teams coordinator Chris Tabor, special teams assistant Shawn Mennenga and special teams quality control coach Stan Watson. The Browns cleaned house by firing all their defensive assistants last season and are now applying the same technique to their offense. However, the real problem is head coach Hue Jackson, who has shown a distressing lack of accountability for his 1-31 record the last two seasons.

Huh, go figure ;)

Nobody uses data and analytics better than Bill Bellicheck. The context of that quote is that it doesn't matter if you throw for 400 yards if you don't win, which is of course perfectly true. But don't try and weave this quote into your narrative that applying advanced statistics to football is stupid, because every single team does it, and nobody does it better than the Pats.

Huh, go figure part 2 :)

If you think the Jags turned this around in 1 off season you're insane. It took years of good drafting and high draft picks to get a playoff worthy roster. Supplemented by good FA acquisitions.

Jags kept there FO, because their owner realised they had acquired good talent despite a poor record. Just added a good football person and they were set. Players like Ramsey, Smith, Ngakoue, Jack, Gipson, Jackson, Yeldon, Hurns were all apart of teams that lost heavily. It didn't mean they were worthless, and it doesn't mean that everyone on the Browns is worthless, despite their record. They kept their FO and fired their head coach, sounds like a smart idea.

And yet, blah blah blah draft picks, takes years blah blah blah, PFF stats blah blah blah

;)

You are the best troll on this site, somehow I can't help but bite every time :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back