Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we’ll see who has the better season.

Yep, you bet on the unproductive, unathletic player with poor technique.

I'll bet on the productive, freak athlete with elite bend and dip, who plays a more important position.

See how that works out.

Only excuse not to pick Landry is medical red flags.

Ins
QB J. Stave

Out
WR M.Hazel
FS K. Nacua
WR K. Williams

Ins (22)
QB Tyrod Taylor
QB B.Mayfield
QB Stanton
QB J. Stave
HB Carlos Hyde
RB N.Chubb
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Jeff Janis
WR A.Calloway
WR D.Ratley
TE Darren Fells
OT Chris Hubbard
OT Donald Stephenson
OL A.Corbett
DE Chris Smith
DE C.Thomas
DB S.Thomas
LB G.Avery
CB Terrance Mitchell
CB TJ Carrie
CB D.Ward
CB Gaines
FS Damarious Randall

Outs (24)

QB Kizer
QB Kessler
QB Hogan
OL Sheldon
RB Crowell
OL Thomas
CB McCourty
CB Webb
RB Rounds
RB K.Taylor
OL Banner
OL Cheek
DL Ali'ifua
DL Bevins
LB Cash
LB Bullough
DB C.White
DB R. Porter
DB Hartfield
DB CJ Smith
WR Howard
WR Pinkard
WR K. Williams
WR M.Hazel

TE Escobar
TE Lengal
FS K. Nacua

(53 + 23) - 27 =49

Interesting....

-------------------

Browns VP of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith said No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield "blew the team away" with his off-field intangibles.

"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had [Sam] Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2. On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there." Highsmith said Josh Allen was last among the first-round quarterbacks on the Browns' board.

Source: JReidDraftScout on Twitter

Yep, you bet on the unproductive, unathletic player with poor technique.

I'll bet on the productive, freak athlete with elite bend and dip, who plays a more important position.

See how that works out.

Only excuse not to pick Landry is medical red flags.

You bet on the undersized one trick pony. I'll take the strong, versatile and physically imposing , who despite 'poor technique' is textbook at setting the edge in the run game.

You bet on the undersized one trick pony. I'll take the strong, versatile and physically imposing , who despite 'poor technique' is textbook at setting the edge in the run game.

Today I learned that over 250 pounds is undersized for a speed rusher.

What's his versality? He can play on the edge and be unproductive, or he can play inside and be......unproductive.

Great he can stop the run, that's literally the least important trait for a defensive end. If you can't get to the quarterback I'm not spending the 67tu overall pick on you.

For a player with below average strength who's best with a hand in the dirt, I think 252 pounds is a bit undersized. He's a situational pass rusher. I'm not saying we couldn't use him, but I'm happy with a quality offensive linesman and a future starting RB.

For a player with below average strength who's best with a hand in the dirt, I think 252 pounds is a bit undersized. He's a situational pass rusher. I'm not saying we couldn't use him, but I'm happy with a quality offensive linesman and a future starting RB.

Situational pass rushers are much more valuable than situational run stoppers. This is a passing league, teams throw twice as much as they run. "Situational pass rushers" are becoming 2 down players, while run stopping d-lineman who don't offer a pass rush are becoming 1 down players.

252 pounds for a speed rusher is not undersized. Your just wrong on that one.

If you want to say that the Browns made perfect selections in Corbett and Chubb fine, I can see the argument for why you can justify the picks. Just don't bring up Chad Thomas. He hasn't been a better football player than Landry a day in his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, we could have used Landry. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s undersized and relies too much on speed moves without a backup. There’s still a role for that.

Just don't be a jerk when I give my opinion on them.

But I’ll just leave this here and be done with it.

As I said, we could have used Landry. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s undersized and relies too much on speed moves without a backup. There’s still a role for that.

But I’ll just leave this here and be done with it.

is that what you consider being a jerk? Bringing up inconsistencies in ones arguments? If so I apologise.

I wasn't dismissing yor opinion without presenting facts, as you did to me which prompted that quote.

Interesting....

-------------------

Browns VP of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith said No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield "blew the team away" with his off-field intangibles.

"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had [Sam] Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2. On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there." Highsmith said Josh Allen was last among the first-round quarterbacks on the Browns' board.

Source: JReidDraftScout on Twitter

The whole chat with Highsmith was interesting. Don't hear a front office member being that candid. Didn't seem too big a fan of Rosen.

And this article helps explain all the Allen talk. Simple case of Dorsey telling nobody the plan, so nobody could leak anything. Also Gregg Williams on wanting Ward ahead of Chubb.

Weird how the draft works, I've managed to talk myself into Baker being the best QB in the draft and Ward the best defensive player :tongueclosed:

In seriousness though, will be good to see how these guys go under our interim coach when Hue is gone come week 7. Go Browns

Ins
ST J.Grace
DE D.Nicolas

Out
TE R Telfer
LB D.Alexander
RB D.Jackson

Ins (24)
QB Tyrod Taylor
QB B.Mayfield
QB Stanton
QB J. Stave
HB Carlos Hyde
RB N.Chubb
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Jeff Janis
WR A.Calloway
WR D.Ratley
TE Darren Fells
OT Chris Hubbard
OT Donald Stephenson
OL A.Corbett
DE Chris Smith
DE C.Thomas
DE D.Nicolas
DB S.Thomas
LB G.Avery
CB Terrance Mitchell
CB TJ Carrie
CB D.Ward
CB Gaines
FS Damarious Randall
ST J.Grace

Outs (27)

QB Kizer
QB Kessler
QB Hogan
OL Sheldon
RB Crowell
OL Thomas
CB McCourty
CB Webb
RB Rounds
RB K.Taylor
RB D.Jackson
OL Banner
OL Cheek
DL Ali'ifua
DL Bevins
LB Cash
LB Bullough
LB D.Alexander
DB C.White
DB R. Porter
DB Hartfield
DB CJ Smith
WR Howard
WR Pinkard
WR K. Williams
WR M.Hazel
TE Escobar
TE Lengal
TE R Telfer
FS K. Nacua

Telfer was a great guy by all accounts but sucked. Blocking tight end who couldn't block. Dadi sucks as well.

The more I watch Austin Corbett, the more I like the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back