Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

No hes vice president of personnell. Hes basically number 2 and in charge of a lot of the drafting decsions. Your assertion that the FO has been merely using analytics is wrong. They have football guys.
They're using analytics more than other teams are using it. Analytics in every org, but the Browns talked up last off season how they going more analytics centric.

Raiders have made a bunch of analytics-based picks in the last couple drafts that bombed out.

They're using analytics more than other teams are using it. Analytics in every org, but the Browns talked up last off season how they going more analytics centric.

Raiders have made a bunch of analytics-based picks in the last couple drafts that bombed out.

The thing is the players that the Browns have drafted have been quite good. Certainly much better than any other regime in the past 10 years. Problem is they passed on 2 complete stud QBs.

Andrew Berry was a guy in charge of looking at pro football practice team rosters as well as evaluating pro players on other rosters. In other words, his sum experience was breaking film down. He had never scouted a college kid a day in his life--and was tasked to do that for the Browns as well as be in charge of the few scouts they have.

He was nowhere near qualified for such responsibilities. All of which I pointed out 2 years ago.

He was hired because of his Ivy League connections to Sashi Brown.

AC's day of reckoning has finally come, god bless AJ McCarron, he's handing out the "i told you so's" like they are going out of fashion. Godspeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind telling us who on this roster they drafted is "quite good".

I honestly am fascinated to hear this.

Kirksey and Njkou look to be excellent value picks, yes, I'm aware there have been many more bad value picks than good, but you asked the question I'm just giving the answer.

Spare me your wrath AC, i come in peace.

Profootballtalk.com reports Browns co-owner Dee Haslam went "nuclear" on the team's front office after it nixed Tuesday's failed A.J. McCarron trade.

Based on a collection of national and local reports on the topic, it appears as if Browns ownership has taken the side of Hue Jackson over the front office. Jackson spent time with McCarron in Cincinnati and was the driving force behind Tuesday's trade talks. Multiple reports also indicate the front office -- known to be at odds with Jackson -- was the driving force behind the trade not going through. Ownership will ultimately decide the front office's fate. At present, it's not looking good for Sashi Brown, Paul DePodesta, and company. Jackson appears to have won the power struggle, for better or (more likely) worse.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Kirksey and Njkou look to be excellent value picks, yes, I'm aware there have been many more bad value picks than good, but you asked the question I'm just giving the answer.

Spare me your wrath AC, i come in peace.

Kirksey was before this front office came in.

I don't think this front office has drafted that badly actually. Even if someone will argue that to the death. The bad reviews are more so because of who we've passed or missed on at the more important positions - QB and WR is hurting.

But the way I look at it is, if this front office was fired then which of their draftees would stick around with the new guys in charge...

Starters - Emmamuel Ogbah, Shon Coleman, Joe Schobert, Myles Garrett, David Njoku

Back ups - Corey Coleman, Carl Nassib, Ricardo Louis, Seth DeValve, Derrick Kindred, Spencer Drango, Larry Ogunjobi, Caleb Brantley

Other pickups - Brien Boddy Calhoun, Trevon Coley, Kevin Zeitler, Jamie Collins, JC Tretter, Austin Reiter

That's not taking into account the injured rookies this year in Wilson and Johnson. Or Peppers and Kizer who the jury is still out on. While someone like Ogunjobi has shown a lot against the run to perhaps warrant becoming a starter in the future.

Not all stars by any means. Some are merely 'good'. But I think the roster is in a better position now than it was a couple of years ago. Whether it's this front office or another one, there's a good core of young players to add a QB to.

I don't think this front office has drafted that badly actually. Even if someone will argue that to the death. The bad reviews are more so because of who we've passed or missed on at the more important positions - QB and WR is hurting.

But the way I look at it is, if this front office was fired then which of their draftees would stick around with the new guys in charge...

Starters - Emmamuel Ogbah, Shon Coleman, Joe Schobert, Myles Garrett, David Njoku

Back ups - Corey Coleman, Carl Nassib, Ricardo Louis, Seth DeValve, Derrick Kindred, Spencer Drango, Larry Ogunjobi, Caleb Brantley

Other pickups - Brien Boddy Calhoun, Trevon Coley, Kevin Zeitler, Jamie Collins, JC Tretter, Austin Reiter

That's not taking into account the injured rookies this year in Wilson and Johnson. Or Peppers and Kizer who the jury is still out on. While someone like Ogunjobi has shown a lot against the run to perhaps warrant becoming a starter in the future.

Not all stars by any means. Some are merely 'good'. But I think the roster is in a better position now than it was a couple of years ago. Whether it's this front office or another one, there's a good core of young players to add a QB to.
Agreed that it's not DIRE, the talent. All you need is a couple wrs, an everydown HB and a qb. And an actual OC/Qb coach. The D is very good and Williams is a great DC.

A healthy Corey Coleman, a drug free Josh Gordon and then pick up a first round WR in the 2018 draft. It worked well for me in Madden. Even Kizer looked good throwing to that group.

Then you just feed Crowell up the middle and spam Njoku over the top. I've won back to back Super Bowls. It's not hard.

Much like G i dont doubt there is a fair bit of talent on the Browns list, i think not having enough savvy vets to learn the ropes from can't be understated either, a heap of the kids have been thrown in the deep end from day one, that can ruin their confidence early on and some never recover.

I still believe in Coleman, i think he has the talent to be clearly better than depth, for example, i think on a team with some guys to learn from and bring him along slowly he would blossom, who has he had to learn from in the WR room at Cleveland? Dwayne Bowe? Kenny Britt? ... you can do better than that.

For example: Jerricho Cotchery may not have had a heap of production on the field during his time at Carolina, but i dont think its a coincidence that Cam had his best passing year and we had our most dangerous WR corp in 2015, Cotchery's value to the team came in the locker room, in the film room, on the sideline. He was massively respected.

Im not a fan of purely drafting on analytics, make no mistake, but i think this front office ****ed up even more by putting all their chips into draft picks and not giving these kids a player who's seen it all to guide them and help them reach their potential.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm... Not to sound like AmericanCrow or anything (actually stuff it I'm all in let me be an echo on this issue) - but the media reaction on this is as aggressively negative, and uniformly consistent, as anything I can recall since Manziel went bust.

Also, hat tip to Bengals and owner Mike Brown (the better Browns) for the class that they have treated AJ with.

In less than 22 months after Hue Jackson walked into the building to a heroes welcome and pledged to “chase greatness,” the Browns are going to have to blow part, if not all of it, up again. They have no other choice.

In spite of their pleas publicly and privately that all is well between the front office and the coaching staff and that their processes are working in perfect harmony, we learned Tuesday that is all a facade.

Forget failing to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots, or the fact the front office failed to upgrade the worst receiving corps in the league before the trade deadline for an 0-8 team that is drowning or that we now know DeShone Kizer isn’t the answer at quarterback thanks to this little snafu, the botched trade with the Bengals told the world what we already knew: the Cleveland Browns remain a bumbling, stumbling mess of incompetence, ineptitude and dysfunction – on and off the field.

There is no version of reality that has Paul DePodesta, Sash Brown and Hue Jackson remaining together beyond Dec. 31, 2017.

That is not speculation, hyperbole or innuendo. It is fact.

Since taking over as executive vice president of football operations Brown has executed nearly 20 trades. The Harvard law graduate knows exactly how it is done. So the dog ate my homework or I forgot to hit send or the Bengals sent in the wrong copy excuses simply don’t fly.

The Browns did not submit the proper paperwork to the league office, in time. Period. End of story.

Maybe the Browns had second thoughts about sending a 2018 second- and third-round pick to Cincinnati for AJ McCarron. That’s completely understandable and they should come clean instead of coming up with some ridiculous story that the Bengals forgot to send the league office the right copy of the paperwork, which Cincinnati has – on the record and not via “league sources” – flat out denied.

This wasn’t an accident. It was maleficence. It was sabotage.

And for that, someone must pay the price.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/...-browns-dysfunction-change-now-is-inevitable/

I think it is funny that I get painted as some vengeance seeking lunatic.

Fact is, I have been consistent for years about what I desire. What I desire is the Owner conducting ACTUAL due diligence in hiring a FO.

Not being "told" who to select as he was by league personnel in hiring incompetent and unqualified Joe Banner, who instantly brought in clown act Mike Lombardi.

Not elevating Ray Farmer, who was merely the survivor in Machiavellian like infighting between Banner and Lombardi.

Not then elevating a goddamn lawyer, brought in by Alec Scheiner, who was also brought in by Joe Banner.

No, instead I demand conducting ACTUAL due diligence and hiring a competent, qualified person to head up football operations.

Certainly, that has NEVER been done by this Owner since Day 1!

That is the fallacy of claims "we tried it that way..." No, no we have not under this Ownership--not once.

As for this roster, it is made up of guys that wouldn't sniff the field on a legitimate team. Taking out the fact the roster is 1-23 and counting, there is not one damn player another team would spend a first round pick acquiring--including Myles Garrett.

That's how you judge your roster. Fact is, Garrett is the likeliest candidate to someday reach that level--but playing in less than half your teams games and "self-reporting" a concussion 2 games after you come back--well ain't nobody spending a first rounder on that guy.

There is not a soul on the team that a quality Super Bowl organization would spend a first rounder on--not one.

Dress it up all you like--reality is the FO was incompetent, unqualified and an abysmal failure.

Best thing they ever did was fail to execute a trade properly.

Think about that ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back