CM Punk

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there you go; I'll shut my mouth then :)

Wonder why Rogan said as much post fight though (going am)?

And my point remains though, he's done in pro wrestling.
Not sure but i heard it too.. i think he just ment regional scene. Either way the ufc can book the same guys he would be fighting down there, but for the legitimacy of the sport i hope they dont.

Not sure but i heard it too.. i think he just ment regional scene. Either way the ufc can book the same guys he would be fighting down there, but for the legitimacy of the sport i hope they dont.

Totally agree. Although as I've said many times on the combat sports board, UFC is far from legit with matchmaking though.

Totally agree. Although as I've said many times on the combat sports board, UFC is far from legit with matchmaking though.
Its far more legit than boxing if you think that all fights should be based on rankings.

As a rule they are very good. Very few fights are made for entertainment or purely for monetary gain.

As a rule they are very good. Very few fights are made for entertainment or purely for monetary gain.

Completely disagree, nowhere near the same league but Conor/Nate II, Hendo getting a title shot over Jacare, Brock keeping his purse and win, $ always takes priority over rankings in UFC.

Anyhoo, sorry to be a pain but any MMA talk is better left for that board.

Completely disagree, nowhere near the same league but Conor/Nate II, Hendo getting a title shot over Jacare, Brock keeping his purse and win, $ always takes priority over rankings in UFC.

Anyhoo, sorry to be a pain but any MMA talk is better left for that board.
Conor v Nate 2 was fine, the biggest draw wanted to run it back and ran it back. Was a relatively meaningless fight at an irrelevant division. Brock not losing his purse have zero to do with the ufc.. thats a commision decision, and he will most likely receive a fairly big fine.

Hendo bisping, cm punk and James Toney vs couture and sonnen vs bones are the glaring ones.
Im sure there are a few others but 99% of fights are rankings and merit based.

CsCv_c2VYAA3fVO.jpg

Conor v Nate 2 was fine, the biggest draw wanted to run it back and ran it back. Was a relatively meaningless fight at an irrelevant division. Brock not losing his purse have zero to do with the ufc.. thats a commision decision, and he will most likely receive a fairly big fine.

Hendo bisping, cm punk and James Toney vs couture and sonnen vs bones are the glaring ones.
Im sure there are a few others but 99% of fights are rankings and merit based.

Conor/Nate 2 would have been fine if he wasn't champ. They should have waited. If Conor fights Alvarez while holding the belt it will be a disgrace.

Conor/Nate 2 would have been fine if he wasn't champ. They should have waited. If Conor fights Alvarez while holding the belt it will be a disgrace.
I dont have a problem with him fighting alvarez and holding the belt. Rumor is he wants alvarez at 205 and then rematch aldo early next year.

Mcgregor wouldnt be able to fight aldo until next year anyway as it will take some time for him to get his weight down, which is a big reason i dont have a prolem with it.

Plus aldo had a chance to take the fight that went to diaz and he knocked it back after saying he would fight mcgregor anytime and anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will E take Punk back?
Punk V Styles?

Given his reasons for leaving WWE had nothing to do with MMA I doubt it.

But the future is a long time. Probably see a grey-haired Punk inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame someday.

Didn't think he had a chance, hard to knock the bloke had a dream, trained 2 years to achieve it.

Think he will have 1 more fight and call it quits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back